The Student Room Group

Cambridge Offer Holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by physicsmaths
I would still attempt step I if your think you can get a 1/s

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am still finding out if there are any other advantages in taking them in year 12, apart from a good practice.
Original post by Melanie Leconte
I am still finding out if there are any other advantages in taking them in year 12, apart from a good practice.

If you do well you have big advantage on ur application

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is S the highest STEP grade because Siklos's initials are SS? :wink:
If you do well you have big advantage on ur application

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will try :wink:
Original post by Elcor

Haha yh it is. Illuminati bro.
My mate said the work is tough and alot of stuff to learn but also he said the exams are stupidly hard.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My mate said the work is tough and alot of stuff to learn but also he said the exams are stupidly hard.

Posted from TSR Mobile

His full name is Stephen Stride Siklos

That's why he called it Step. And top marks are SSS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Brilliant, why do I even want to get in?

Original post by jneill
His full name is Stephen Stride Siklos

That's why he called it Step. And top marks are SSS.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't tell if this is serious or not haha
Original post by Elcor
Brilliant, why do I even want to get in?

I can't tell if this is serious or not haha

Because u will be set for life probably. But he says it is managable and you get decent amount of break between terms so it is fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elcor

STEPhen..:wink:
Original post by frigg113
STEPhen..:wink:

Wow this guy is an evil genius...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elcor

Idk why but I thought it meant Super :laugh::facepalm:
Original post by jneill
Nope.
Christ's Admissions Tutor has just written:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3257071&page=6&p=55044971#post55044971
"I have spoken with the central Cambridge Admissions Office (CAO) who deal most closely with UCAS and I understand that they agreed with the Maths department last summer that the advice that STEP need not be declared was incorrect and that in future our advice should be that, in accordance with other qualifications at UCAS, that any STEP results that a candidate has at the time of application need to be declared to UCAS otherwise the application can be considered fraudulent. I hope this clears up the confusion."

Given that we should declare our STEP marks, would Cambridge really care if you take 2 ? I mean most of the applicants,even the succesful, are not supposed to take 1/s in any STEP paper(maybe only in 1), perhaps they would take 2/3. So do you think that they will consider 2 a disadvantage or they just going to omit it? I think that I will take either 1 or 2 in STEP2 and 1or S STEP1. Would you recommend to sit STEP2? I have to decide until tommorow,so PLEASE HELP!!!
Original post by Vesniep
Given that we should declare our STEP marks, would Cambridge really care if you take 2 ? I mean most of the applicants,even the succesful, are not supposed to take 1/s in any STEP paper(maybe only in 1), perhaps they would take 2/3. So do you think that they will consider 2 a disadvantage or they just going to omit it? I think that I will take either 1 or 2 in STEP2 and 1or S STEP1. Would you recommend to sit STEP2? I have to decide until tommorow,so PLEASE HELP!!!

I can't really advise you - ask in the Christ's AT thread - he replies quickly. If you are just doing it as a practice I'd say just do STEP I. If you are doing FM next year and get an offer it be for Step II/III anyway.

Also standard closing date for STEP isn't until 30th April. And if necessary you can even apply later (costs more though).
http://www.admissionstestingservice.org/for-test-takers/step/dates-and-costs/
I'm Chris. Got an offer to read Law at Gonville and Caius college. Firmed with Kings as my insurance :smile:. Working hard to achieve the entry reqs at the mo...
Original post by jneill
I can't really advise you - ask in the Christ's AT thread - he replies quickly. If you are just doing it as a practice I'd say just do STEP I. If you are doing FM next year and get an offer it be for Step II/III anyway.
Also standard closing date for STEP isn't until 30th April. And if necessary you can even apply later (costs more though).
http://www.admissionstestingservice.org/for-test-takers/step/dates-and-costs/

Well, I am an international student and it takes time for British Council to send the registrations.That's why I have to decide until tommorow.I want to sit STEP not only for practice but also for having an advantage.Thank you for your help.
Original post by Cal-lum
I'm Chris. Got an offer to read Law at Gonville and Caius college. Firmed with Kings as my insurance :smile:. Working hard to achieve the entry reqs at the mo...

Hello Chris, welcome to our thread :ninja:

Spoiler

Reply 1836
Does anyone know when the application statistics will be updated?
Original post by 1www1
Does anyone know when the application statistics will be updated?

Any day now, it was 24 April last year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1838
Original post by jneill
Any day now, it was 24 April last year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thx :smile:
Original post by ILovePancakes
Hello Chris, welcome to our thread :ninja:

Spoiler

You're right I did.....oh well!! Thanks very much :cool:

Quick Reply