The Student Room Group

2015 Nursing Applications - Where? Which Branch?

Scroll to see replies

I have my Sheffeild Hallam interview on my birthday (hoping it will give me good luck) on the 22nd of April, I really want to get in and was hoping those with offers for Adult Nursing there could give me some tips and advice.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks
Original post by masiray
I would be very grateful if someone can reply back to me please . I have a London Southbank university admission test at the end of this week and was wondering if someone can tell me more about the test. what there essay question was or essay topic and how they found the maths, what things would they advice me to revise.

Which branch are you planning ons studying?
Original post by MollyPointon

Adult nursing

My test is tomorrow and I feel ready , more for the maths than English .
Original post by masiray
My test is tomorrow and I feel ready , more for the maths than English .

If you feel prepared then you should be great. I am hopefully studying children's nursing and the interviews and tests I found went best at LSBU because of how relaxed and friendly the staff were. Don't worry, I am sure you will do great!
If you feel prepared then you should be great. I am hopefully studying children's nursing and the interviews and tests I found went best at LSBU because of how relaxed and friendly the staff were. Don't worry, I am sure you will do great!

With your child nursing test , what essay question did you have to write about
Original post by masiray

They can't tell you the exact topic, it's against the rules on tsr.
It will likely be something to do with current issues in healthcare. However it's less about the content and more about checking your ability to write a short piece of writing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by masiray

Are you applying for LSBU? If so when/if you firmly accept a place then we have a Facebook group for children's nurses starting in September :smile: I can give you the link if interested.
Are you applying for LSBU? If so when/if you firmly accept a place then we have a Facebook group for children's nurses starting in September :smile: I can give you the link if interested.

Yeah that will be good , send me the link through private message
To anyone who's still attending nursing interviews (I know there are a few of you out there), I've started a nursing blog & have just uploaded an article about interview tips.
I hope to continue adding to my blog as I continue throughout my nursing career.
I'd be so grateful if you fancy having a read: http://futureflorence.blogspot.co.uk - please feel free to leave any comments!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by lucymjh
To anyone who's still attuning nursing interviews (I know there are a few of you out there), I've started a nursing blog & have just uploaded an article about interview tips.
I hope to continue adding to my blog as I continue throughout my nursing career.
I'd be so grateful if you fancy having a read: http://futureflorence.blogspot.co.uk - please feel free to leave any comments!

This blog looks brilliant! :smile:
Original post by ht76845
This blog looks brilliant! :smile:

Aw, thank you! That means so much; it's just trying to find the time to write about stuff that people would actually want to read. Thank you, though!!! (-:
Original post by lucymjh
Aw, thank you! That means so much; it's just trying to find the time to write about stuff that people would actually want to read. Thank you, though!!! (-:

Yeah I can imagine it can take quite a while to think what to write about etc. I've bookmarked your blog and I'll defo continue to read it :smile:
How is everyone getting on with their bursary application? Anyone had decisions yet? So much paperwork!
Original post by BellaPembers
How is everyone getting on with their bursary application? Anyone had decisions yet? So much paperwork!

I am struggling with the Bursary application. Am I right in saying that they need the income details for the tax year just gone? (Ended April 5th 2015). Because my parents haven't got their P60s yet so I can't fill in the whole application.
Original post by chloekenneally
I am struggling with the Bursary application. Am I right in saying that they need the income details for the tax year just gone? (Ended April 5th 2015). Because my parents haven't got their P60s yet so I can't fill in the whole application.

Have they got their payslips from last month? If they only have one job, it will show the years total income and tax paid on the pay slip and its accepted by NHSBA (I used my mum's payslip and it was processed really quick).
I used my husbands payslip from last month if that helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is applying for the bursary separate than the finance needed to fund the course? And do we need to apply for this? It's all so confusing
Original post by Lucyc87
Is applying for the bursary separate than the finance needed to fund the course? And do we need to apply for this? It's all so confusing

NHS bursary= one application for tution fees and all bursaries
then SFE/SFW= an application for a maintenance loan
Original post by chloekenneally

I used my mums march payslip, they accept that instead of a P60 normally:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending