The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ali bin Abi Talib رضي الله عنه went to Ash'ath to console him upon the death of one of his sons. He said:
"If you are sad, then you are deserving of mercy, but if you are patient, then Allah gives you something in place of what was lost or destroyed. And know that if you are patient, everything that was described for you and preordained for you will occur and you will be rewarded. If you complain and are hopeless, then likewise all that was destined for you will occur, except that you will be blamed for your impatience at Allah's will."

[Gems and Jewels, Abdul Malik Mujahid]
"No amount of guilt can change the past and no amount of worrying can change the future. Go easy on yourself for the outcome of all affairs is determined by Allah's Decree. If something is meant to go elsewhere, it will never come on your way, but if it is yours by destiny, from you it cannot flee.''

#Umar ibn al-Khattab رضي الله عنه
“If you make intense supplication and the timing of the answer is delayed, do not despair of it. His reply to you is guaranteed; but in the way He chooses, not the way you choose, and at the moment He desires, not the moment you desire.”

[Ibn `Ata’illah رحمه الله , Kitab al-Hikam]
Original post by HAnwar
Pakistan isn't the best place to grow up as a Muslim. A lot of the time culture is mixed in with religion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:yy:
Original post by ash92:)
"No amount of guilt can change the past and no amount of worrying can change the future. Go easy on yourself for the outcome of all affairs is determined by Allah's Decree. If something is meant to go elsewhere, it will never come on your way, but if it is yours by destiny, from you it cannot flee.''

#Umar ibn al-Khattab رضي الله عنه

That is one of my most favourite quotes

When i look back at my life and all the things in the past, i just remember that it was all decreed to happen

It just makes me more happy and comfortable knowing this, brother

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Brother Q
That is one of my most favourite quotes

When i look back at my life and all the things in the past, i just remember that it was all decreed to happen

It just makes me more happy and comfortable knowing this, brother

Posted from TSR Mobile

One of my favourites too :yy:
Pray for me guys please. I am so lost. I have big issues at the moment. I think i'm a hypocrite :frown:
Original post by Keke000
Pray for me guys please. I am so lost. I have big issues at the moment. I think i'm a hypocrite :frown:

Whats wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Keke000

Akh, isn't hypocrite so far. Just pray to Allah swt to give you strength and ask for forgiveness.

In Sha Allah you are doing well. Just have strength and faith. Remember Allah swt :smile:
Original post by Brother Q

can i pm you?
Original post by DarkMystryXxX
Akh, isn't hypocrite so far. Just pray to Allah swt to give you strength and ask for forgiveness.

In Sha Allah you are doing well. Just have strength and faith. Remember Allah swt :smile:

Thanks :smile: I just started praying my salah again recently alhamdullilah but i feel no kushuu' at all. I just go through the motions.
also, i keep feeling like i'm gonna die soon. :confused:does anyone have any idea what it means or is this just a trick from the shaitan?
Original post by Keke000
Thanks :smile: I just started praying my salah again recently alhamdullilah but i feel no kushuu' at all. I just go through the motions.

Alhamdulilah, just try hard to remember Allah swt. Don't think about anything else but your lord. :smile:
Original post by DarkMystryXxX
Alhamdulilah, just try hard to remember Allah swt. Don't think about anything else but your lord. :smile:

Yeah. I know you mean well but these are the kind of comments that make me want to give up hope. I've tried really hard to think about god but my mind just wanders. Sometimes i think god doesn't want me to think about him, otherwise why would i have to try so hard to remember him?
Another thing, I pray for forgiveness but a couple of hours later i'm doing the exact same sin i just repented from....what is wrong with me?
Original post by Keke000
Yeah. I know you mean well but these are the kind of comments that make me want to give up hope. I've tried really hard to think about god but my mind just wanders. Sometimes i think god doesn't want me to think about him, otherwise why would i have to try so hard to remember him?
Another thing, I pray for forgiveness but a couple of hours later i'm doing the exact same sin i just repented from....what is wrong with me?

No wonder, never have that thought as that always takes you away from your lord.
Remember this, your lord created you from a single clot. Shouldn't you try your hardest to remember him. Yes it may be hard, but remember when you struggle and strive for Allah swt you get rewarded. Just how merciful and forgiving is Allah swt.
We all felt like that, you know. Then keep and keep on praying for forgiveness. And keep on refraining from the sin, even though it is extremely hard. I know you can do it, beat the shaitan's games/whispers Akh. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Keke000

One step at a time. The fact that you've restarted salah on its own is pretty good tbh. I think the khusho will take time though so do not be too hard on yourself.

Regarding sins:

At times, some of us may feel like we have committed too many sins and too many of those sins have been the same sins, repeated over and over. This can cause a person to lose hope and think that Allah will not forgive them. This can also lead a person to commit even more sins because they think they have so many sins that a few more will not make a difference to their fate on the day of Judgement.

Do not give up on the mercy of Allah. If you sin, pray for forgiveness. Do not think that you are doomed - because you're not. The following hadith serves as a good reminder of Allah's mercy:

The Prophet (sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam) said: “Allah, Blessed and Exalted is He, says, ‘O son of Adam, as long as you call on Me, I shall forgive you of what you have done, and think nothing of it. O son of Adam, even if your sins were to reach up to the clouds in the sky, and then you were to ask for My forgiveness, I would forgive you and think nothing of it. O son of Adam, even if you were to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth, and then you were to meet Me after death, not worshipping anything besides Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as the earth.’” [Tirmidhi]
Assalamualaikum brothers, have a good night sleep. Also..

Read this Dua before sleeping - Allahumma Bismika Amootu Wa Ahyaa
(O Allah, with your name I die and I live.)
Original post by Keke000

Stay strong. Allah will help you :smile:
'Verily with hardship comes ease.' (Qur'an 94:5-6)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Feels so nice that theres an 'Islamic society' on tsr 😊
As salamu Alaikum,

Where is the quiz at?

Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said,

"My example and the example of the people is that of a man who made a fire, and when it lighted what was around it, Moths and other insects started falling into the fire. The man tried (his best) to prevent them, (from falling in the fire) but they overpowered him and rushed into the fire. The Prophet (ﷺ) added: Now, similarly, I take hold of by your waist belts to prevent you from falling into the Fire, but you insist on falling into it."

Sahih al-Bukhari 6483

Imagine you saw a person walking into a burning building? Scratch that. Imagine you saw a child walking into a burning building? What would you do?

Shout, scream, rush to save them?

This is how the Prophet
saw every human being. Subhan'Allah look at the concern of the Prophet for people. Yet each one us insist on running into the fire through our actions and beliefs.

Islam is for everyone - always take the opportunity to do your best to convey it.

And mention of the Fire is not but a reminder to humanity. [Quran 74:31]

Latest

Trending

Trending