The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IdeasForLife
You have the option to shoot someone or not and you chose to shoot. That was your choosing. Allah just knows which choice you will make.
Original post by ImNotMe
If you chose not to shoot them Allah would know. If you chose to shoot them Allah would know. Where is the issue?

nope its not just knowledge its Allahs will

Original post by ash92:)
"No amount of guilt can change the past and no amount of worrying can change the future. Go easy on yourself for the outcome of all affairs is determined by Allah's Decree. If something is meant to go elsewhere, it will never come on your way, but if it is yours by destiny, from you it cannot flee.''

#Umar ibn al-Khattab رضي الله عنه
Original post by poly(but-1-ene)
I guess you do agree with me afterall then? :hmmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oops typo lol. Corrected :teehee:

Original post by UnsahihDatHadith
nope its not just knowledge its Allahs will

That doesn't contradict what I've said sock bro. I've had this conversation with you before.
Oops typo lol. Corrected :teehee:

That doesn't contradict what I've said sock bro. I've had this conversation with you before.

it does contradict cos you said "he just knows" but thats wrong Allah decides everything beforehand not "just knows it

ye i remember an you never replied back lol

gonna bump it :teehee:
Original post by Iqbal007
How can you mistake that...its really nice

I've never been in that mosque so wouldn't know :tongue:
Original post by UnsahihDatHadith
it does contradict cos you said "he just knows" but thats wrong Allah decides everything beforehand not "just knows it

ye i remember an you never replied back lol

gonna bump it :teehee:

No it doesn't. Just because I've simplified qadr into a sentence or two doesn't mean what you've said contradicts it. Allah knows what is to happen and he has decreed it to happen. I may eat cornflakes tomorrow, I may not. Whatever I choose to eat is already known and decreed, but it is my own choices and actions that lead to me to doing it.

I did reply back, you kept on the repeating pretty much the same point. Sorry but I'm not going to amuse some troll for hours on end :hand:

Bump away :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
You chose to fire the trigger because you wanted to. Allah did not force your hand.

A Being being able to know that future does not mean that you lose your free will. It was always your choice to do something (unless someone had a gun to your head or something).

Even if someone put a gun to your head, you still have a choice and free will, no?

Cos in this situation you can comply with the hostage taker or you can choose to try and rough him up (but you might get killed)

You cant really force anyone to do anything?
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by poly(but-1-ene)
Even if someone put a gun to head, you still have a choice and free will no

Cos in this situation you can comply with the hostage taker or you can choose to try and rough him up (but you might get killed)

You cant really force anyone to do anything?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair enough.

A choice between do it and live or don't do it and probable death.
No it doesn't. Just because I've simplified qadr into a sentence or two doesn't mean what you've said contradicts it. Allah knows what is to happen and he has decreed it to happen. I may eat cornflakes tomorrow, I may not. Whatever I choose to eat is already known and decreed, but it is my own choices and actions that lead to me to doing it.

I did reply back, you kept on the repeating pretty much the same point. Sorry but I'm not going to amuse some troll for hours on end :hand:

Bump away :smile:

If it's already known and has been decreed how can your own choices lead you to it?
If something is predetermined doesn't that usually mean your actions/choices are of little consequence and it will happen regardless.
Lol at the "supposed" number of ex-Muslims on this site. Most of the "real" ex-Muslims obviously didn't practice otherwise their hearts wouldn't have darkened, but hey! Atleast they are self-proclaimed Sheikhs and know this religion inside out for them to have meaningful discussions without being ignorant.

Somehow, being an ex-Muslim, your views come off as more reliable somehow to other users.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Enginerd.
Lol at the "supposed" number of ex-Muslims on this site. Most of the "real" ex-Muslims obviously didn't practice otherwise their hearts wouldn't have darkened, but hey! Atleast they are self-proclaimed Sheikhs and know this religion inside out for them to have meaningful discussions without being ignorant.

Somehow, being an ex-Muslim, your views come off as more reliable somehow to other users.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:lol: ikr it's a joke
Original post by littleangel9914
If it's already known and has been decreed how can your own choices lead you to it?
If something is predetermined doesn't that usually mean your actions/choices are of little consequence and it will happen regardless.

I'm going to eat cornflakes tomorrow, lets say it's been decreed. I'm going to wake up in the morning, view my food options and choose cornflakes. I'm not going choose eggs toast etc. because I don't feel like it and I'm lazy, I'm choosing cornflakes. Like that. It was going happen but my choices led to it.

I get where you're coming from but I would say no. I might be doomed to get hit by a train tomorrow and die. However If I stay in my room, the train isn't going to magically fly over to my flat and hit me. I'll perhaps go out, decide to go to the train tracks for some stupid reason and then get hit by it. So my choices do matter.

Probably aren't the best examples but then I'm not the best explainer. Other people can probably do it better.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by littleangel9914

It means your choices are of no consequence and "free will" is just an illusion designed to make you feel like you're in control when in reality you have no control of your destiny whatsoever. It's a chilling thought.
Reply 8772
Original post by generic_man
It means your choices are of no consequence and "free will" is just an illusion designed to make you feel like you're in control when in reality you have no control of your destiny whatsoever. It's a chilling thought.

:hand:

Say a person walks a path and the paths keep forking off - God does not make you pick the paths, you select the paths you walk, but He knows where they end.

Can you not spread your jahiliyya in here please? You've already got the main forum for that.

Seems a bit unfair saying this to only you but you've got a history of doing this in the ISOC.
If God knows the path we're going to choose and God cannot be wrong about the path we're going to choose, then our choice of path is not a free choice, just an illusion of one.

Predestination or free will - pick one.

Take this elsewhere.

I don't know what 'jahiliyya' means, sorry. I don't speak Arabic.

In the way I used it - ignorance. Days of Ignorance in full. Surprised Sheikh Google didn't tell you, it's normally the first line of action for you lot.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8775
If God knows the path we're going to choose and God cannot be wrong about the path we're going to choose, then our choice of path is not a free choice, just an illusion of one.

Predestination or free will - pick one.

Just because God knows does not mean He forces you down that path. Say you choose to walk to the edge of a cliff and won't stop - I know that you will fall to your death if you keep walking, but it would be idiotic for you to blame me for knowing that you will fall off the cliff and die when you are the one who chose to keep walking. It's really a simple thing to understsnd but I have a feeling you choose to ignore it because it justifies your disbelief and idea that 'Islam doesn't make sense' when the concept of Allah knowing everyting makes perfect sense.
Take this elsewhere.

In the way I used it - ignorance. Days of Ignorance in full. Surprised Sheikh Google didn't tell you, it's normally the first line of action for you lot.

Quick question: Aren't there ayaat ( like 6:39) that say that Allah has willed for people to be on the right path and for others to be on the wrong path?
They don't just say that He has the knowledge of what will happen but that he has willed it to happen.
Should the other answers to the question be "taken elsewhere" or is it just the answers you don't like?

Thanks. I googled it and got a vague idea of what it meant but I just wanted to confirm that you were indeed calling me ignorant simply for trying to answer somebody's question. Nice. I'll stop clogging up the thread now with this; if you want to continue berating me, take it to my wall...

I didn't like some of the replies from Quantum and co, however I'm fine with them. I just give special treatment to people who've been known to cause debates/provoke Muslims into arguments on the Isoc. Pretty sure you've been banned for that.

No worries. Na I made that judgement from a general read of your posts. Na I'll pass.
I didn't like some of the replies from Quantum and co, however I'm fine with them. I just give special treatment to people who've been known to cause debates/provoke Muslims into arguments on the Isoc. Pretty sure you've been banned for that.

No worries. Na I made that judgement from a general read of your posts. Na I'll pass.

No need to feed the troll. British Muslims embarrass him apparantly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Enginerd.
No need to feed the troll. British Muslims embarrass him apparantly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry bro :redface:

Original post by binarythoughts
Quick question: Aren't there ayaat ( like 6:39) that say that Allah has willed for people to be on the right path and for others to be on the wrong path?
They don't just say that He has the knowledge of what will happen but that he has willed it to happen.

From what I've learnt so far, misguidance and guidance are due to a person's own actions.

For example:

29:69

Sahih International

And those who strive for Us - We will surely guide them to Our ways. And indeed, Allah is with the doers of good.

So Allah doesn't guide people randomly, rather it because of their actions of they guided. The same goes for people who are misguided. The verse you gave me says they are deaf and dumb etc..., if you go into Tafsir, this is to mean they are those things to due to ignorance, low knowledge, general bias (along those lines) etc... And that is what has led to them being led astray. They weren't misguided randomly.

Ash has an article which explains this better than I can, if you want further reading, you could ask him.

Latest

Trending

Trending