The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

"In accordance with the sacred verse of the Koran "This your community is a single community, and I am your Lord, so worship Me" [21:92], all Muslims form a single nation, and the government of the Islamic Republic of Iran have the duty of formulating its general policies with a view to cultivating the friendship and unity of all Muslim peoples, and it must constantly strive to bring about the political, economic, and cultural unity of the Islamic world"

http://berkleycenter.georgetown.edu/quotes/constitution-of-iran-article-11-unity-of-the-islam-world

A documentary by a sunni journalist.

[video="youtube;3B6MGqWkpMk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B6MGqWkpMk[/video]
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by blackmarshmallow
Is anyone else seriously freaking out at being 20 next year :frown:

Try 2 months ish.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ayatullah Sistani (may Allah swt prolong his life!) on the participation of sunni muslims in government: “participate and work with them , and don’t call them ‘our brothers’ but say “ourselves” and work with them through this path”

(edited 8 years ago)
Umm ..what the heck does baisty mean. .im Asian too..dont eat me

Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Umm ..what the heck does baisty mean. .im Asian too..dont eat me

Means got humiliated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anyone else seriously freaking out at being 20 next year :frown:

two more months and i'm 20 (from tomorrow) Insha'Allah

last 5 years went quick
(edited 8 years ago)
So many people here are 19 :hmmm:

I will be 20 in a few months too :yes:

Look on the bright side. In the 20s, we will insha'allah finally meet our spouses and get married. We will get our careers and we will maybe get our own houses

And also we are closer to death. Closer to getting to meet our creator. You cannot ask for something better than that
Posted from TSR Mobile
For all of us 19,20,21 , growing up and realising how fast time flies, how transient life is, we begin to value life a lot more. We see those slaughtered in Syria, in Yemen, in Iraq, Palestine. The non-muslims and non-muslims starving worldwide, the Ukraine conflict, those who die by gun violence, cancer, etc and how there is a sizeable number who do not make it to their 20th birthday, we begin to realise what a great gift life is.

Being a human being, an organism that is earth and sky apart from any living creature, with the ability to think, reflect, know your are thinking that you are thinking, with intelligence, morality, and so many facets, it is such a privilege but also an important responsibility.

It is key to leave this planet better than how we found it. As the youth our influence is going to shape what the world is like in 10-20-30 years. Our friends - muslim and non-muslim, or our associates or even mild acquaintances may be ministers and priministers. Cleo's, bankers, lawyers, nurses, doctors, mechanics, pharmacists, IT experts, and anyone who is working hard in their field in any career.

Unlike past generations, we have the internet. Multiculturalism and media is growing.

Therefore it is so important for every single muslim on here to know that we must represent our faith properly. We need to discuss and debate with atheists, christians, jews, hindu's bhuddists. Hold cordial and respectful dialogue, because if in 10-20-30 years we have people in charge of the world who have wrong views, propaganda indoctrinated into them, are not well acquainted and aware, there will only be more wars and bloodshed.

Infact, forget the people at the top, if we have the mass population unaware of truth, being fed propaganda , it will make this world dangerous.

So we must harness our strength in our youth, our nativity, our endurance, the internet and media, and multiculturalism and a world we can make so much of a difference in to help safeguard it for our descendants - muslims and non-muslims alike.

Additionally we see religion becoming less and less important, Islam growing while the others growing a lot less. Atheism on the rise, and atheism being one of the modern day challenges we need to remedy - through cordial debate and discussion. You have seen atheism on TSR in its finest, most skeptical and in its might.

Unless we begin to actively debate atheists, correct false views or interpretations, or distinguish different points of view i.e different schools of thought in Islam, they will only grow and it may get to a stage where it reaches a critical mass where it becomes difficult to 'vaccinate' against misconceptions as it becomes so widespread.

As youth, we need to understand education is power. At 20 your brain is still developing , and i believe parts of the frontal cortex will keep developing until you are about 25 - parts involved in decision making, contemplation, foresight etc. Learn - make a hobby of it, make learning something you seek and make it an addictive habit.

The world is no longer a place where books are hard to come by. You can learn anything now on youtube, though e-books.

And despite being young remember we are edging closer to our death. 19,20,21 years have passed.
(edited 8 years ago)
Ayatullah Khamanei, Ayatullah fadlullah r.a, and Ayatullah sistani are three of the most eminent marajah in the shim-school of thought of recent times. They forbade the insulting, mocking, etc of those symbols revered in the sunni school of thought.

Ayatollah Muhammad Hussein Fadlallah on Cursing the Companions of the Prophet

The Religious Authority, Sayyed Muhammad Hussein Fadlullah : We forbid cursing, slandering, and abusing the mothers of believers and deem such acts as contradicting with the genuine Islamic line
The opinions and Fatwas of His Eminence, the Religious Authority, Sayyed Muhammad Hussein Fadlullah , have always constituted a unifying Islamic stand which always confirmed that Muslims should be aware of the danger of inciting and fueling seditions and sectarian sensitivities that would only rip their reality apart and serve the schemes and projects of the nation’s enemies. Therefore, His Eminence forbade cursing and slandering the mothers of believers and the companions, considering that such acts contradict with the course of the Commander of the Faithful (a.s.) which necessitates giving priority to the supreme Islamic interest over any personal or secondary interests.

Ayatollah Khamenei issued a fatwa, declared unlawful the insulting Prophet's wife Aisha, and any of the Sunni Islamic symbols.

Ayatollah Khamenei issued a fatwa, declared unlawful the insulting Prophet's wife Aisha, and any of the Sunni Islamic symbols.
Islamic World widely welcomed the fatwa, Rohama reported.

The leader of Islamic revolution in response to question announced: "insulting the symbols of the Sunni brothers, including the Prophet Muhammad's wife [Aisha] is forbidden. This includes the women of all prophets and especially the holy Prophet Muhammad

Ayatullah Sistani

Question No. 100644
The subject of the question: Insulting the companions and wives of the prophet (s.a.w.a.)
---------------------------------------------
The Question:

as-Salamu Alykum wa rahmatu Allah wa barakatuhu,
A video clip has been seen several times on social network web sites showing a congregation during the martyrdom of al-Imam al-Jawad (a.s.). This group of people from the area known as al-A'dhamiyyah are shown shouting out insults upon 'Omar, A’isha, and others. Is this type of behavior condemned by the supreme religious authority, especially since it involves the insult of religious figures of our brothers of the Sunni school of thought, and it could potentially fuel unrest amongst the people of Iraq and jeopardize peace?

The Answer:
In The Name of Allah, The Beneficent, The Merciful
This type of behavior is condemned, strongly denounced and contrary to the commands of the Imams of the Holy Household of the Prophet (s.a.w.a.) to their followers. Allah is The Guide.

And they will come out [for judgement] before Allah all together, and the weak will say to those who were arrogant, "Indeed, we were your followers, so can you avail us anything against the punishment of Allah ?" They will say, "If Allah had guided us, we would have guided you. It is all the same for us whether we show intolerance or are patient: there is for us no place of escape." [Qur'an 14:21]
(edited 8 years ago)
Kitab Al Kafi - Obidience and piety

H 1610, CH 32, h 2

A number of our people have narrated from Ahmad ibn Muhammad from ibn
Fadal from ‘Asim ibn Humayd from abu Hamza al-Thumali from abu Ja’far,
recipient of divine supreme covenant, who has said the following:

“The Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) addressed the people during his farewell (last) visit to Makka, ‘O people, I swear by Allah, everything that can take you closer to paradise and farther away from hell I have commanded you all to follow. Everything that may take you closer to hell and farther away from paradise I have prohibited you to do. You must know that the trusted spirit has inspired me that no soul dies before his supply of sustenance is completely exhausted. Be pious before Allah and do your best in search of means of sustenance. Do not allow laziness to overcome you in your search to make a living, or lead you to make a living through improper means; nothing is achievable from what is with Allah except through obedience to Him.’”

الحديث الثاني : موثق كالصحيح.
Reliable like saheeh - alama majlisi
[video="youtube;rdpn8lKspc8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdpn8lKspc8[/video]
Original post by Exploiting TSR
So many people here are 19 :hmmm:

I will be 20 in a few months too :yes:

Look on the bright side. In the 20s, we will insha'allah finally meet our spouses and get married. We will get our careers and we will maybe get our own houses

And also we are closer to death. Closer to getting to meet our creator. You cannot ask for something better than that
Posted from TSR Mobile

Umm.. ill be stuck making roti all day :frown:
Original post by IdeasForLife
Means got humiliated.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh. Ok.. thanks
Original post by kyoti
two more months and i'm 20 (from tomorrow) Insha'Allah

last 5 years went quick

It seems like a big age..
Umm.. ill be stuck making roti all day :frown:

You dont have to if you dont want to!

You can enjoy the married life.:yes:

Go travelling all around the world, have fun with your children, pray fajr with your hubby, spend all you husbands money on rings, jewellery etc

Inshaallah you will like it :yy:
Posted from TSR Mobile
It seems like a big age..

yes it is
Original post by kyoti
yes it is

Basically a quarter of your life is gone when youre 20

Posted from TSR Mobile
Interesting, you can see who gives you rep.

Latest

Trending

Trending