The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ibn Fulaan
Did you see Shaykh Haythams stance on it?

Original post by Iqbal007
No I have not.....until now...a lot of people posting and thinking they are "scholars"

https://www.facebook.com/YMOUK/posts/191043911046950

"Be careful.

"One dirham of Riba that a man devours, while knowing it is Riba, is more severe (in crime) than thirty-six acts of fornication (or adultery)." (Ahmad with a Sahih chain of narration)

And his (SAW) statement:

"Riba has seventy-three doors. The least one (in sin) is as that of a man who sleeps with his mother. And worst form of Riba is harming the honor of a Muslim man." (Al-Hakim, who graded it Sahih)

The Messenger of Allah (SAW) said:

"Keep away from the seven fatalities."

It was asked, "What are they, O Messenger of Allah?" He replied:

"Associating others with Allah, magic, taking a life Allah has made sacred - except with a just cause, consuming the wealth of Ar-Riba, consuming the wealth of the orphan, fleeing from the battlefield, and accusing innocent chaste believing women." (Al-Bukhari and Muslim)"

:frown:
Original post by littleangel9914
Depends
Are you not a troll?

The muslim answer would be along the lines that men aren't really allowed to beat up their wife's either and only allowed to lightly tap them as a means to guide rather than punish. Women may seek divorce in certain circumstances but ultimately if a husband is unjust Allah will punish him and therefore there is no need for the wife to trouble herself as she may end up getting hurt.
I think that sums it up.

No Debating !
Original post by Kadak
No Debating !

How's that debating?
I answered a question
^^I'll ask Shaykh Haitham's daughter what view her father has on loans, just to clear any misconceptions Insha Allah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Keke000
Can a wife beat up her husband if he misbehaves/disobeys her?

No. Same thing vice versa.

Even if you mean with the miswaak stuff. I've read the answer is still no.
Original post by Keke000
Why not? And you don't have to answer in such a patronising way. Jeez
Wait a minute...are you not an atheist? :curious:

She is.

Original post by littleangel9914
Depends
Are you not a troll?

Afaik, keke is not a troll.
Having gce o level english exam tomorrow, any tips?
Original post by IdeasForLife
x

Peace be upon you my brother,

I'm fairly dissapointed you're accusing me of things you know full well i have never done. His post was pretty provoked out of nothing, i literally did not even talk about syria, and have never bigged up Assad.

There are extreme's in this debate, and i assure you i am not one of them. One side uses video propaganda, does not think rationally, and uses secterianism. The other is blind and oblivious and bigs up people they shouldn't be.

I won't debate on the ISOC thread , so will not counter or raise any points. but you're welcome to discuss anything you wish to me over PM.

Again, Ibn Fulaan has been well known to be a surporter of Al Nusra. I only asked him if this was still the case, as i want to know who sympathizes with that sort of extremism

You or Ibn Fulaan are welcome to discuss this with me over PM, i do not wish to break the rules.

I value your imput on TSR and the ISOC, i don't want to see either of us banned over debating. So lets make peace and leave it at this post.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Tawheed
I'm fairly dissapointed you're accusing me of things you know full well i have never done. His post was pretty provoked out of nothing, i literally did not even talk about syria, and have never bigged up Assad.

There are extreme's in this debate, and i assure you i am not one of them. One side uses video propaganda, does not think rationally, and uses secterianism. The other is blind and oblivious and bigs up people they shouldn't be.

I won't debate on the ISOC thread , so will not counter or raise any points. but you're welcome to discuss anything you wish to me over PM.

Again, Ibn Fulaan has been well known to be a surporter of Al Nusra. I only asked him if this was still the case, as i want to know who sympathizes with that sort of extremism

You or Ibn Fulaan are welcome to discuss this with me over PM, i do not wish to break the rules.

I'm not accusing you of things. You do post some pro-Iranian stuff. That's fact, when you link us press tv - that is basically Iran. I admit "Bigging up Assad" was the wrong choice of words and inaccurate.. What I meant is that you've been prone to ignore some of his massacres( we had a chat about his chemical weapon usage before).

I don't think Ibn Fulaan has ever supported them. You need to bring proof for that.

What I'm saying is, do not expect people to ignore some of the things you post, they're very political so they're bound to get a response. Nothing more.

Peace be with you,

Again i never mentioned syria once in the recent few weeks to warrant such a response from him.

If you want to debate about Syria, here's the thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3293911

I will write my response there. Again i'm cautious in even trying to defend myself right now, i do not want either of us banned, so i'll see you on the thread (in response to your post there) inshAllah.
Original post by Tawheed
Peace be with you,

Again i never mentioned syria once in the recent few weeks to warrant such a response from him.

If you want to debate about Syria, here's the thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3293911

I will write my response there. Again i'm cautious in even trying to defend myself right now, i do not want either of us banned, so i'll see you on the thread (in response to your post there) inshAllah.

And to you :smile:

I don't feel like repeating the same Syrian chemical weapon debate, we've done this before, saying the same things again benefits noone. So I will pass on this. :yy:
Original post by Contacthaber
Having gce o level english exam tomorrow, any tips?

Make sure you read the exam questions carefully, highlighting/underlining key words.
Make a plan before you write your essays.
If you're stuck on a question, move on and come back to it at the end.
Take a bottle of water with you to the exam.
Keep calm and relaxed, no point in stressing.
Make sure you get a good night's sleep the day before.
Pray nafl salah and don't forget your exam duas.

May Allah make it easy for you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Man why doesn't someone tell me these things?

Original post by Tawheed

Again, Ibn Fulaan has been well known to be a surporter of Al Nusra.
Kitab Al Kafi - Obidience and piety
H 1610, CH 32, h 2

A number of our people have narrated from Ahmad ibn Muhammad from ibn
Fadal from ‘Asim ibn Humayd from abu Hamza al-Thumali from abu Ja’far,
recipient of divine supreme covenant, who has said the following:

“The Messenger of Allah addressed the people during his farewell (last) visit to Makka, ‘O people, I swear by Allah, everything that can take you closer to paradise and farther away from hell I have commanded you all to follow. Everything that may take you closer to hell and farther away from paradise I have prohibited you to do. You must know that the trusted spirit has inspired me that no soul dies before his supply of sustenance is completely exhausted. Be pious before Allah and do your best in search of means of sustenance. Do not allow laziness to overcome you in your search to make a living, or lead you to make a living through improper means; nothing is achievable from what is with Allah except through obedience to Him.’”

الحديث الثاني : موثق كالصحيح.
Reliable like saheeh - alama majlisi
Kitab Al Kafi - Volume 2 - Excellence in morals and behavior
H 1749, CH 45, h 16

Ali ibn Ibrahim has narrated from his father from ibn abu ‘Umayr from Habib al-
Khath’ami from abu ‘Abd Allah, recipient of divine supreme covenant, who has
said the following:

“The Messenger of Allah has said, ‘The meritorious ones among you are those who possess excellent moral behavior, who are easy to associate with, associate others with ease and comfort others"

الحديث السادس عشر : حسن كالصحيح.
Why have you made a thread about Syria? What was the purpose of it in the end?
Also, what do you mean - hatred of ISOC?

Most of your posts are hard to understand anyway, plus most of your posts are about Iran?
Original post by Mary562
Why have you made a thread about Syria? What was the purpose of it in the end?
Also, what do you mean - hatred of ISOC?

Most of your posts are hard to understand anyway, plus every most of yours is about Iran?

Peace be with you,

As you are only asking and not debating, i made a post about Syria in response to claims i support the murder of my own sunni brothers and sisters. In doing so, i showed how certain members have supported in the past, well known alqaeda groups (read the thread inshAllah)

That was the purpose of the thread, responding to abuse and lies being spread.

I made it because of another thread, where i saw people defaming through secterianism, using abuse, and spreading hatred.

With regards to Iran, i also support Iraq, palestine, i support those muslims, non-muslims, anyone who stands up for truth.

Iran has featured in recent days due to their nuclear deal being drafted, it is big, big news. Often when you have israel and other groups, it is always against Iran. Noting down all the propaganda against iran, those who want to cause war, the pro-israel IPAC republicans and democrats who want to cause blood-shed while i am pro-peace.

I am willing to explain any post perhaps on a the thread i made it in, that you find difficult. I often try to write my posts and instil clarity in them, and if i fall short call me out on it and ask me to explain.

I hope that answers your question:smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Let's keep the political discussion out of the ISOC. You are all free to use VMs, PMs, or other threads.
Please don't provoke other members to discuss such issues either.
Original post by NormahEm
Salam people !! :smile:)

Wa alaikumussalaam! welcome to tsr Islamic Society :smile:
JazaakAllahu Khayran for sharing :h:

I set a couple of alarms and place my phone far away from my bed. Therefore I have to get up and walk to shut the alarm off. If I sleep through the first alarm, then another goes off in 5 mins, and another after that and that. Eventually I have to get up to shut them off at some point for peace, once I'm out of bed, it's all cool :tongue:

W-antum fa-jazākum allāhu khayran :smile:

Hope you are all doing well iA.

I was just searching the other day for the qualities of what Jannat ul Firdous must be like and instead I came across Surah Al-Mu'minun, which details the qualities of the people who will attain Jannat ul Firdous and so I thought I would share this with all of you :smile:

Original post by Tawheed
Peace be with you,

As you are only asking and not debating, i made a post about Syria in response to claims i support the murder of my own sunni brothers and sisters. In doing so, i showed how certain members have supported in the past, well known alqaeda groups (read the thread inshAllah)

That was the purpose of the thread, responding to abuse and lies being spread.

I made it because of another thread, where i saw people defaming through secterianism, using abuse, and spreading hatred.

Which thread? Maybe if you can give me the link

With regards to Iran, i also support Iraq, palestine, i support those muslims, non-muslims, anyone who stands up for truth.

Iran has featured in recent days due to their nuclear deal being drafted, it is big, big news. Often when you have israel and other groups, it is always against Iran. Noting down all the propaganda against iran, those who want to cause war, the pro-israel IPAC republicans and democrats who want to cause blood-shed while i am pro-peace.

I am willing to explain any post perhaps on a the thread i made it in, that you find difficult. I often try to write my posts and instil clarity in them, and if i fall short call me out on it and ask me to explain.

You know the post about Assad - why is it you've said

I hope that answers your question:smile:

I really don't understand tbh no joke
You go on about sectarianism and then go on about Assad. Seriously, I don't agree and neither believe what you're saying.
Half of the posts you've made to fellow users just shows you really don't know how to back-up your statements.
On a slight note, maybe you should stop jumping to irrational conclusions :smile:
In fact it's very true that you are particularly interested in Iran and have too much to say about it.

---

Can I say one other thing - There is no need for this, why do you have to talk about this? You're not present there or whatever else, you don't have any connections. It's this reason I really dislike about people. Stop trying to think you know everything. You seriously don't, instead of writing on this forum, go do something else better than wasting your time.

Latest

Trending

Trending