The Student Room Group

btec level 3 Health & social care.. Please help :)

dont want to go to university, would rather get btec qualification and go straight into support work for example and start earning & gaining experience. Would doing the 2nd year of this course the "extended" (180 credits) bit be worth my while in regards to seeking employment or would potential employers be happy enough with just the 1 year (90 credit) diploma.

Hope yous can help me out guys :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by stewbap87
dont want to go to university, would rather get btec qualification and go straight into support work for example and start earning & gaining experience. Would doing the 2nd year of this course the "extended" (180 credits) bit be worth my while in regards to seeking employment or would potential employers be happy enough with just the 1 year (90 credit) diploma.

Hope yous can help me out guys :smile:

Hi the Health and Social Care qualification will give you loads of experience such as in different placements and settings. It is up to you, you could apply for jobs after your first year and see what interviews you get. However, if you think you might change your mind at all then I would suggest the second year as then you can just go to uni and not have to do an access course at a later date and save yourself time. Hope this helps, good luck whatever you decide. :smile:
Reply 2
I know a few people on my course who are planning to go into work but are staying to improve their chances of getting the job they want and for some it means a pay bump when they finish. Though just do what's best for you, and good luck :smile:
im currently studying health and social care level 3 and im so close to finishing my first year, but i really dont find this course interesting and want to leave college but then it would just be a waste of 8 months..plus if i do finish after the first year and leave with 90 credits, i have no idea what to do then so i may aswell come back for the second year and get the extended diploma as no other course in my college really interests me and h/sc is really the only one and i dont want to go to a different college because i cant afford to get a bus there everyday :///
I would defiantly advise anyone doing a BTEC to complete the course, as you get so much experience, compared to if you just complete the first year. In total I have had 5 weeks of work experience within a variety of settings. Melos_tori what elements of the course are you finding boring?

I hope this helps and I really wish you the best of luck.
I would complete it, simply because it is the last chance you're going to get at a funded A-Level equivalent.

You can use it should you decide you wish to go to uni in the future. In terms of employment, most employers offer HIGHER pay scales to those with the full extended diploma. It will also save you from having to do training for the qualification prior to starting a job (you will have additional training of course, such as safeguarding, that you will need to do, but you obviously wouldn't need to do a Level 3 NVQ)
Reply 6
Does anyone on this thread successfully completed this course or is close to finishing the first year and if so is it possible for you to help me with my assignments as I am finding some units hard. Thank you
Reply 7
Does anyone on this thread successfully completed this course if so is it possible for you to help me with my assignments as I am struggling a little bit. thank you
Original post by TANYA1234
Does anyone on this thread successfully completed this course or is close to finishing the first year and if so is it possible for you to help me with my assignments as I am finding some units hard. Thank you

Hi Tanya,

I am due to finish this course at the end of May, I am in my final year. I am happy to help you. The unit's I have completed are:
Unit 1
Unit 2
Unit 3
Unit 4
Unit 5
Unit 6
Unit 7
Unit 8
Unit 10
Unit 11
Unit 14
Unit 20
Unit 21
Unit 22
Unit 39
Unit 41
Unit 44
Original post by sarawx5
Does anyone on this thread successfully completed this course if so is it possible for you to help me with my assignments as I am struggling a little bit. thank you

Hi Sara,I am due to finish this course at the end of May, I am in my final year. I am happy to help you. The unit's I have completed are:u:nit 1Unit 2Unit 3Unit 4Unit 5Unit 6Unit 7Unit 8Unit 10Unit 11Unit 14Unit 20Unit 21Unit 22Unit 39Unit 41Unit 44
Original post by EmEmTheFairy
Hi Tanya,

I am due to finish this course at the end of May, I am in my final year. I am happy to help you. The unit's I have completed are:
Unit 1
Unit 2
Unit 3
Unit 4
Unit 5
Unit 6
Unit 7
Unit 8
Unit 10
Unit 11
Unit 14
Unit 20
Unit 21
Unit 22
Unit 39
Unit 41
Unit 44

Thank you, do you know if you got 8 distinctions but only 1 pass what overall grade would you get?
Original post by TANYA1234
Thank you, do you know if you got 8 distinctions but only 1 pass what overall grade would you get?

I believe your overall grade for the year would be a Distinction. I have used our colleges grade calculator and it worked out that if you get Distinction grades in all of your unit's next year you will be able to get the Grade Distinction Distinction* Distinction* (DD*D*), but don't quote me on that. Your college have different unit's to us with different credit numbers.
Reply 12
i am stuck on unit 8 and 2 would you be able to help me with it?
Reply 13
Hi Sara,I am due to finish this course at the end of May, I am in my final year. I am happy to help you. The unit's I have completed are:u:nit 1Unit 2Unit 3Unit 4Unit 5Unit 6Unit 7Unit 8Unit 10Unit 11Unit 14Unit 20Unit 21Unit 22Unit 39Unit 41Unit 44

Original post by sarawx5

Yes of course, what are you struggling with?
Reply 15
Yes of course, what are you struggling with?

*explain the principal psychological perspectives*
Original post by sarawx5
*explain the principal psychological perspectives*

There are six perspectives, these are:

The Behaviourist Perspective

The Cognitive Perspective

The Biological Perspective

The Social Learning Theory Perspective

The Humanistic Perspective

The Psychodynamic Perspective

You need to describe the view of each perspective, so what they believe in and what they generally are, the theories behind them and what they say about human behaviour/the reasons they give for a specific human behaviour.
You can find most of these by simply googling them, you do not need to write a massive amount for each one, but aim to at least go into depth when discussing the theories.
Reply 17
I've completed units 1,2,4,8 and 10, i'd be happy to help you out
Reply 18
Hi, I am stuck on Unit 10 P2. outline the arrangements for providing quality care for looked after children and young people. I'm not sure how to start it or what to research. Is there any chance you can help? :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by lucykilga
I've completed units 1,2,4,8 and 10, i'd be happy to help you out

Hi, I am stuck on Unit 10 P2. outline the arrangements for providing quality care for looked after children and young people. I'm not sure how to start it or what to research. Is there any chance you can help?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending