The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL unit 3 Biology 6th May,2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I drew two line graphs for both those questions.
Original post by sara_ara98
i wrote that too because they told us to refer to the diagram

uhhh... i said that the leaves were overlapping each other so it was hard to differentiate between which belonged to which individual plant.. might have got it wrong -_-
Reply 82
Wait! Are we allowed to discuss yet??
Yes we are allowed to discuss now
Reply 84
I guess question 1 was a bar graph. Its always a bar graph when u have to make a comparision
I also got 180 million
and yes the counting answers here r correct

it was very extra easy

Original post by A84
I guess question 1 was a bar graph. Its always a bar graph when u have to make a comparision
I also got 180 million
and yes the counting answers here r correct

it was very extra easy

what did you say for the counting?
Oh, and its not necessarily a bar graph you can use two line graphs to show the difference i think.
Reply 87
same that this will give inaccurate results because the plants are overlapping and can cover each other so counting will be inaccurate
hey what was the mineral ion that had most effect and explanation?
nitrates, right?
IM not COMPLETELY sure but i said that nitrates are important making amino acids, enzymes, proteins which are all important in taking part of metabolic reactions to make energy for the plant which helps it grow so without the nitrates, they can't grow.. I THINK.
Original post by football1212
hey what was the mineral ion that had most effect and explanation?

At first I thought it was iron because it had the most growth, but then I realised that not having iron means that it has a positive effect, so it must not be it. I ended up saying nitrate because it had the lowest growth at the 14th day. Nitrate is used in protein synthesis which uses amino acids to produce DNA and RNA which is needed for DNA replication and plant growth, if I'm not mistaken.
Reply 92
yup was nitrates.
i wrote the positive effect iron and its wrong
Reply 94
Original post by ~xSarahx~
Hey for that question on why counting the plants was inaccurate what did everyone write?

I put down that some plants were not visible as they were covered by the solution....would this still be right?

Yeah same here, wrote that it was difficult to see the plants & counting the number of plants isn't a method to measure growth(not sure about this)
Reply 95
how can plants be covered by solution? that's not correct
I wrote that the number of leaves and sizes of leaves in the plants are different, so the rates of growth of each of the plants are different, and for alternate I wrote dry mass
For why counting isnt an accurate method, i wrote that some of the daughter plants are not separated, and will be counted as one, even though growth is taking place. For alternative method i wrote percentage covercan be measured by tracing on a graph paper. Is this correct? :P
Reply 98
alternative dry mass is correct
Reply 99
daughter plants? woah
and percentage cover??
ur incorrect

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending