The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

[h="1"]Part 1: At-Tawhid in the Value System of Islam[/h][h="2"]At-Tawhid (Monotheism)-the base of Divine Religions[/h]The matter to be discussed here is the system of At-Tawhid in the ideological system and value system of Islam which constitutes the main base of divine religions, in particular, the sacred religion of Islam.
The Holy Qur’an says:
[INDENT]وَلَقَدْ بَعَثْنَا فِي كُلِّ أُمَّةٍ رَسُولًا أَنِ اعْبُدُوا اللَّهَ وَاجْتَنِبُوا الطَّاغُوتَ..
[/INDENT]“And certainly We raised in every people a Messenger saying: ‘Serve Allah and shun the shaytan’… (16:36).”
Another ayah (verse of the Holy Qur’an) says:
[INDENT]وَمَا أَرْسَلْنَا مِنْ قَبْلِكَ مِنْ رَسُولٍ إِلَّا نُوحِي إِلَيْهِ أَنَّهُ لَا إِلَٰهَ إِلَّا أَنَا فَاعْبُدُونِ
[/INDENT]“And We did not send before you any Messenger but We revealed to him that there is no god but Me, therefore, serve Me (21:25)”
Also, each and every one of Allah’s Prophets (AS), as mentioned in the Holy Qur’an, from the very outset of their being appointed as a Prophet by Allah, said to their people:
[INDENT]…يَا قَوْمِ اعْبُدُوا اللَّهَ مَا لَكُمْ مِنْ إِلَٰهٍ غَيْرُهُ…
[/INDENT]“… ‘O my people! Serve Allah, you have no god other than Him’… (7:59).”
Also, the Holy Prophet (SA) of Islam, at the time of his Al-Bi’thatun-Nabawiyyah (the appointment by Allah as His Prophet) said:
“Say there is no god but Allah so that you will find salvation.”
Prosperity, salvation and felicity both in this world and in the Hereafter depend upon and are to be sought in At-Tawhid. So, believe in Allah- the One and bear witness to His Oneness so that you will achieve salvation.

http://www.al-islam.org/tawhid-or-monotheism-muhammad-taqi-misbah-yazdi/part-1-tawhid-value-system-islam#tawhid-monotheism-base-divine-religions

Reply 9321
Original post by Tawheed
x

So basically it's an addition to just send blessings upon them; I only wanted to know if Ali (RA) had ever himself included the Imamate in his narrations :tongue:

Jazak'Allah Khayr anyway
Original post by Ruh
So basically it's an addition to just send blessings upon them; I only wanted to know if Ali (RA) had ever himself included the Imamate in his narrations :tongue:

Jazak'Allah Khayr anyway

Peace be with you,

The issue of Imamah has been mentioned by Imam Ali a.s, Muhammed pbuh, and the other members of the Ahlulbayt of Muhammed pbuh several times in authentic hadiths in the shia-school of thought.

Within every Dua authentic hadiths tell us to send blessings to Muhammed pbuh and his chosen ahlul bayt a.s, and it's something that's known unanimously and therefore it's already known that one is recommended to do so.

If i give you 100 dua's i have written, and then tell you that you are highly recommended to send blessings on Muhammed pbuh and the chosen members of the ahlulbayt a.s , and you then make those 100 dua's with the blessings , you aren't really adding it of your own whims, you're merely following my sunnah (hypothetically speaking)

Again, i have not ruled out the Imam a.s actually scribing the line in his hadith , so we must be careful before making that conclusion- i will inshAllah find out for you. When i do so i will inform you:smile: But i argued irrespective or not, it is what is in the sunnah.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9323
Original post by Tawheed
Peace be with you,

The issue of Imamah has been mentioned by Imam Ali a.s, Muhammed pbuh, and the other members of the Ahlulbayt of Muhammed pbuh several times in authentic hadiths in the shia-school of thought.

Within every Dua authentic hadiths tell us to send blessings to Muhammed pbuh and his chosen ahlul bayt a.s, and it's something that's known unanimously and therefore it's already known that one is recommended to do so.

I have heard of a hadith referring to 12 righteous people or something, never 12 Imams (of the Ahlul Bayt); I would be interested to see if there is anything which you feel more clearly supports the position of believing in 12 imams
Original post by Ruh
I have heard of a hadith referring to 12 righteous people or something, never 12 Imams (of the Ahlul Bayt); I would be interested to see if there is anything which you feel more clearly supports the position of believing in 12 imams

Peace be with you,

I'll give you a reply on the shia discussion thread inshAllah to avoid posting too much on this thread(this is more for all schools) . Suffice to say i have extremely convincing evidence, and am pretty sure of my position(while open enough to debate and change), having had family from all schools of thought and having given it serious contemplation.
(edited 8 years ago)
[QUOTE="Tawheed;55539013"]
To give you a fully balanced explanation:

In what universe is "balanced" interpreted as "my side of the argument"
Original post by Ibn Fulaan
In what universe is "balanced" interpreted as "my side of the argument"

I won't debate here, but by balanced i meant an inclusive discussion explaining and detailing everything i am trying to claim. It is my interpretation, but not restricted to my school but other schools as well.

I have always given discussions considering both sides, but my intention was not to refute one school of thought, it was merely to present the view of my own school as the question was what i believed.

It would be unwise to refute one school of thought / look at their arguments and then refute on this particular thread. I don't think this is the place anymore to do so. This is a place for all muslims to feel at peace in.
There is always too much sectarian violence going on in this thread :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tawheed
I won't debate here, but by balanced i meant an inclusive discussion explaining and detailing everything i am trying to claim. It is my interpretation, but not restricted to my school but other schools as well.

I have always given discussions considering both sides, but my intention was not to refute one school of thought, it was merely to present the view of my own school as the question was what i believed.

It would be unwise to refute one school of thought / look at their arguments and then refute on this particular thread. I don't think this is the place anymore to do so. This is a place for all muslims to feel at peace in.

Im still at a loss as to how "balanced" means "my side of the argument

It doesn't. I don't understand what you have against Tawheed though.
Original post by binarythoughts
It doesn't. I don't understand what you have against Tawheed though.

Well if we have anything against tawheed then that is surely a big big act of disbelief

Tawheed is an absolute foundation in islam which all muslims subscribe to :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The issue is i was not debating on the ISOC thread - only answering a question, and hence i had no real duty to be debating or trying to show the other side while refuting the other side.

I was only answering a question to respect the rules of the thread. Balanced in this context meant i answered the question and used evidence, and so my answer to the question was fair, everything i claimed was evidenced and hence my answer when weighed was a balanced one - not one of claims and no evidence, but one of both claims balanced by the evidence.

I think i'll leave it at that, it's very difficult to draw the line between a debate and a discussion and so i'll carry this on with you if you quote me on another thread, or we risk debating about debating lol and i don't think the ISOC is the right place to be debating.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by (CH3)4 - Si
Well if we have anything against tawheed then that is surely a big big act of disbelief

Tawheed is an absolute foundation in islam which all muslims subscribe to :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOL!

I think she meant me!

This genuinely made me laugh guys. I love it when this happens haha
It doesn't.

I don't understand what you have against Tawheed though.

Then would you agree that tawheeds claim that the post was "balanced" was incorrect?
Then would you agree that tawheeds claim that the post was "balanced" was incorrect?

Is this headed into the Shia vs Sunni views of the ahlulbayt?
Original post by Tawheed

I was only answering a question to respect the rules of the thread. Balanced in this context meant i answered the question and used evidence, and so my answer to the question was fair, everything i claimed was evidenced and hence my answer when weighed was a balanced one - not one of claims and no evidence, but one of both claims balanced by the evidence.

So by "my argument is balanced" you meant "my argument is balanced between my opinion and the evidence i have quoted"?

That has got to be the strangest use of the word i have ever seen. If i followed it in my history a level exam id have failed lol.

a Balanced argument usually means "assessing both sides then coming to a conclusion.
Is this headed into the Shia vs Sunni views of the ahlulbayt?

I do not understand you.
X.

I'll PM you what i mean, i don't want to clutter the ISOC thread with debates.
I do not understand you.

Okay.
عنه، عن عدة من أصحابنا، عن أحمد بن محمد بن خالد، عن يعقوب بن يزيد عن ابن أبي عمير، عن ابن اذينة، عن أبي عبد الله عليه السلام في قوله تعالى: " ما يكون من نجوى ثلاثة إلا هو رابعهم ولا خمسة إلا هو سادسهم " فقال، هو واحد واحدي الذات، بائن من خلقه، وبذاك وصف نفسه، " وهو بكل شئ محيط " بالاشراف والاحاطة والقدرة " لا يعزب عنه مثقال ذرة في السماوات ولا في الارض ولا أصغر من ذلك ولا أكبر " بالاحاطة والعلم لا بالذات لان الاماكن محدودة تحويها حدود أربعة فإذا كان بالذات لزمها الحواية.

From him from several of our companions from Ahmad b. Muhammad b. Khalid from Ya`qub b. Yazeed from ibn Abi `Umayr from ibn Udhayna from Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام regarding His saying, “There is no secret conference of three but He is their fourth, nor of five but He is their sixth” (58:7).

So he said: He is one and of one essence, distinct from His creation. Regarding His essence, He described, “He has control over all things through His presence, control, and power. Nothing as small as an atom in the heavens or the Earth is absent from Him not even things smaller or larger”. [It is] by His control and knowledge rather than His essence, because places are limited by the four boundaries. If it (i.e. control) were by His essence, it would limit Him. (al-Kafi, Volume 1, hadith 325)

(sahih) (صحيح)

Latest

Trending

Trending