The Student Room Group

AS LEVEL HISTORY TSARIST RUSSIA EXAM IN 2 DAYS - what might come up on the exams??

Hi there,

as level history tsarist Russia 1855-1861 HIS1H

have any of you ad any advice from your teachers on what may come up on the exam like what they like to ask or what hasn't been on for a while????

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone have the AQA June 2014 Tsarist Russia mark scheme, its not on the website?
Original post by JamesStanley
Hi there,

as level history tsarist Russia 1855-1861 HIS1H

have any of you ad any advice from your teachers on what may come up on the exam like what they like to ask or what hasn't been on for a while????

I think they could ask a question on the october manifesto because they haven't asked that. And i think the Dumas may come up as they haven't been on for a while, what about you?
Original post by gurpreet1997
Does anyone have the AQA June 2014 Tsarist Russia mark scheme, its not on the website?

no i think it is unavailable. you can read the examiners report which tells you what the students answered well and what ideas they had(basically a mark scheme) and also tells you what students put and was incorrect which you should avoid :-)
Original post by gurpreet1997
I think they could ask a question on the october manifesto because they haven't asked that. And i think the Dumas may come up as they haven't been on for a while, what about you?

well...... i HOPE there is something to do with emancipation/reforms because that is quite easy however i think they will put something on the dumas as you pointed out there hasnt been a duma question in a while.
Reply 5
Looking forward to this - its a bit tight on time though. Guess I need to write as I think!
I'm also doing that exam and am very unprepared! You get a choice of two questions on Tsarist Russia and a choice of two questions on Stalinist Russia, right? Has anyone's teachers advised them what questions may come up on Stalinist Russia?
Reply 7
Well Sally Waller has been known to put up some absolute BS questions (like the Rasputin and Kornilov ones) so expect the 12 markers to be bloody harder than the 24 markers!!!! What im prediting for a BS 12 marker (if there is a section PG) is "Why was there some resistance to Lenin's April Theses?".
Reply 8
Original post by A9M4D
Well Sally Waller has been known to put up some absolute BS questions (like the Rasputin and Kornilov ones) so expect the 12 markers to be bloody harder than the 24 markers!!!! What im prediting for a BS 12 marker (if there is a section PG) is "Why was there some resistance to Lenin's April Theses?".

Funny that; I was planning to quite Sally Waller in some of my essays :tongue: I guess it might raise a few eyebrows among the examiners though, so I might stick to some others...
Wait, I thought each question is worth 30 marks??
I'm doing Edexcel, is that the same exam board you guys are using?
(edited 8 years ago)
nope we're doing AQA
Original post by fish_biscuits
Wait, I thought each question is worth 30 marks??
I'm doing Edexcel, is that the same exam board you guys are using?
aqa exam board :-)
Reply 12
How d'ya find it guys!!!!!??
Hello...

Could you tell me please (roughly from what you can remember) what questions came up?
Reply 14
Original post by iamtherealkaiser
Hello...

Could you tell me please (roughly from what you can remember) what questions came up?

Why would anyone want to tell you?
How was it?
I sat this exam last year!
No need to be rude. I am interested in what came up.
Original post by Olympiad
How was it?
I sat this exam last year!

I, for one, messed it up really badly, so meh.

Computer broke down, lost an entire page of work, was on the verge of having a panic attack due to studying for 12 hours the day before, and in my confusion I chose the wrong question, and then I had to go with it.
Original post by Caius Filimon G
I, for one, messed it up really badly, so meh.

Computer broke down, lost an entire page of work, was on the verge of having a panic attack due to studying for 12 hours the day before, and in my confusion I chose the wrong question, and then I had to go with it.

Oh no! Tell your school to let the exam board know?

What were the q's?
Original post by Olympiad
Oh no! Tell your school to let the exam board know?

What were the q's?

My school is what you would (if lenient) call thoroughly half-assed and, well, hard-line-like for no reason.

1) Why did Alexander II initiate military reforms in the 1870s (really quite easy, I think I wrote far more than I should've)
2) How far would you agree that the peasants had improved their living standards due to the domestic economic reforms of Alexander II in between the years of ... 1860-1880, I believe.

I should've chosen 3) and 4) but after the slight panic attack I had I just went directly to 5) 6) for some reason. Reason why I might just get a C after a revision session of 12 hours the day before. As such, this might be a bit too far fetched to make teachers empathize... I suppose.

5) Why did the Tsar summon the Duma in 1905 (varied associations/trade unions started a general strike in 1905, paralyzing St. Petersburg, pockets of rebellion started appearing throughout the country threatening civil war, intelligentsia were becoming more and more influential, and the demands for political modernisation... so he gave in, in order to keep his head)

6) A terrible question, really... I just started waffling and making up stuff because I knew it was too late to go to questions 3/4...

How far would you agree that the workmen of Petrograd's discontent was at the heart of the May/June 1917 revolution...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending