The Student Room Group

AQA History HIS1C 13 May European Reformation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by ohgod897
i looked at june 2014 paper.

yeah I'll try but it's difficult for me to fit everything into one page...

thank you, and good luck today!

Just try not to stress (won't help you) and to always link back, even if your evidence is poor as long as you 'closely argue' the point and use some evidence in other paragraphs you can get into the top bands :smile:

Thank you and good luck to you too!
Reply 21
Original post by TrojanH
Just try not to stress (won't help you) and to always link back, even if your evidence is poor as long as you 'closely argue' the point and use some evidence in other paragraphs you can get into the top bands :smile:

Thank you and good luck to you too!

yeah most of the time if you sound smart and throw in a few examples , the examiner will think you know it! structure is key!

good luck everyone!
x

Original post by TrojanH
x

Original post by iAmWillJP
x

Original post by Chesk12
x

How did it go guys?
Reply 23
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
How did it go guys?

omfg , holy ****! i dunno how, but TrojanH, it was the exact questions you said! how did you predict them? i was so happy , it was super easy! the timing was the only problem, because i felt panicked due to being rushed and couldn't include all the points i wanted . but otherwise it was okay

(: how did it go for you all? which questions did you choose?

also , do any of you happen to do HIS2B? any predictions for that?
omfg , holy ****! i dunno how, but TrojanH, it was the exact questions you said! how did you predict them? i was so happy , it was super easy! the timing was the only problem, because i felt panicked due to being rushed and couldn't include all the points i wanted . but otherwise it was okay

(: how did it go for you all? which questions did you choose?

also , do any of you happen to do HIS2B? any predictions for that?

That's good to hear. I did 1.2 5and 6 but I couldn't finish my last 12 marker, it was awful the 12 marker. But the others were okay, I am predicting a c maybe if I'm lucky B but it seems like a c, not overally happy but oh well life goes on...

as long as I get an A in the next unit I should be okay. is HIS2B Britain in the sixties?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 25
That's good to hear. I did 1.2 5and 6 but I couldn't finish my last 12 marker, it was awful the 12 marker. But the others were okay, I am predicting a c maybe if I'm lucky B but it seems like a c, not overally happy but oh well life goes on...

as long as I get an A in the next unit I should be okay. is HIS2B Britain in the sixties?

i did the same! nope , its britain and american independence in the 1700s
i did the same! nope , its britain and american independence in the 1700s

I am kicking myself for not going over munster properly :frown: and for running out of time. What factors did you include for the consistory question?

I said consistory, ecclesiastical ordinances and resistance to opposition.

I might swell tell you all of them since we're on the topic.

For luthiers excom I said Wrtings, 95 theses. augsburg meeting and lepzing debate.

for luther 24 I said peasants revolt, german princes, printing, luther himself

I didn't do muster properly so no point even stating the factors:frown:
Reply 27
I am kicking myself for not going over munster properly :frown: and for running out of time. What factors did you include for the consistory question?

I said consistory, ecclesiastical ordinances and resistance to opposition.

I might swell tell you all of them since we're on the topic.

For luthiers excom I said Wrtings, 95 theses. augsburg meeting and lepzing debate.

for luther 24 I said peasants revolt, german princes, printing, luther himself

I didn't do muster properly so no point even stating the factors:frown:

What! The way I see it you wrote exactly what you needed! Don't worry about it after exam - literally nothing you can do. I'm worried I didn't include enough on last q as well, I finished in 1hr and had 15 min to correct spelling and crap spider-writing + add sentences (quite hard to do if you imagine), wrote about 1 side of A4 for the 12M and about 2 and maybe a half for both 24m, except only covered few paragraphs, that were very detailed (one of mine was nearly a page long lol)

I also did Q1 & Q3.

For reasons of excommunication wrote that Luther critisced church against indulgences --> leipzig debate, condemnded by John Eck as Luther denied Pope --> influential & dangerous views threatened Catholics --> Leo X had to make example of Luther (e.g like Jan Hus) so was excommunicated

For success to spread of Luther wrote about Church being weak, printing press, German princes & Luther himself.

For Munster it was about being a threat to the social order and anabaptism being weak so was easily crushed, and then civilian resentment of Bockleson lead to him getting backstabbed by Bishops troops.

For Calvin wrote aboute consistory enforcing hive mind of Calvinism / work of Calvin lead success / weak political situation of Geneva lead to success

What did you guys write about and what was the lengths of your essays?

Also - yes I did predict the essays, predict much exactly! Hahaha that was awesome! No, all I did was print out 2009-2015 papers and then see what I was weak on, but basically guessed from questions what the current one is. I would do this for all things except obviously History is much easier to predict... than say Chemistry - where you have to know EVERYTHING.

Anyways I think it was an a great exam and I can't wait to take the second one.
Original post by TrojanH
What! The way I see it you wrote exactly what you needed! Don't worry about it after exam - literally nothing you can do. I'm worried I didn't include enough on last q as well, I finished in 1hr and had 15 min to correct spelling and crap spider-writing + add sentences (quite hard to do if you imagine), wrote about 1 side of A4 for the 12M and about 2 and maybe a half for both 24m, except only covered few paragraphs, that were very detailed (one of mine was nearly a page long lol)

I also did Q1 & Q3.

For reasons of excommunication wrote that Luther critisced church against indulgences --> leipzig debate, condemnded by John Eck as Luther denied Pope --> influential & dangerous views threatened Catholics --> Leo X had to make example of Luther (e.g like Jan Hus) so was excommunicated

For success to spread of Luther wrote about Church being weak, printing press, German princes & Luther himself.

For Munster it was about being a threat to the social order and anabaptism being weak so was easily crushed, and then civilian resentment of Bockleson lead to him getting backstabbed by Bishops troops.

For Calvin wrote aboute consistory enforcing hive mind of Calvinism / work of Calvin lead success / weak political situation of Geneva lead to success

What did you guys write about and what was the lengths of your essays?

Also - yes I did predict the essays, predict much exactly! Hahaha that was awesome! No, all I did was print out 2009-2015 papers and then see what I was weak on, but basically guessed from questions what the current one is. I would do this for all things except obviously History is much easier to predict... than say Chemistry - where you have to know EVERYTHING.

Anyways I think it was an a great exam and I can't wait to take the second one.

Haha okay weirdo!!

I think as I said before I'm lucky if I got a B but it seems like a C :frown: which is a shame but I know in the next exam I can get an A 100% because I honestly can do that exam with my eyes closed, this one is just too much to write in such a small space of time.

Anyway length, for 12 marker I had 2 sides for my first one (that is where it all went wrong for time management). Then for 24 markers I also did 2 and a half for both but for some reason my paragraphs were huge and I hope that gives me marks.

My 12 marker was a paragraph and not a very good one. I keep trying to figure out what I may have gotten and I think perhaps if I get a solid 15 in both 24's and 11 in the 12 marker then I should have 41 which is definitely a high C. If I get 44 however that's a B. It's so close I have no idea, it looks like a C from where I'm standing.

Does a C+A=equal B at AS. I hope so, I don't want any lower, tbh I have worked too hard this year for history to get any lower than a B in it. :frown:

What is your second unit on? Mine is on Britain during the 60's.
(edited 8 years ago)
By the way excuse my spelling in the first post I made telling you what I wrote, I was so exhausted and I just wanted sleep haha.
Reply 30
Haha okay weirdo!!

I think as I said before I'm lucky if I got a B but it seems like a C :frown: which is a shame but I know in the next exam I can get an A 100% because I honestly can do that exam with my eyes closed, this one is just too much to write in such a small space of time.

Anyway length, for 12 marker I had 2 sides for my first one (that is where it all went wrong for time management). Then for 24 markers I also did 2 and a half for both but for some reason my paragraphs were huge and I hope that gives me marks.

My 12 marker was a paragraph and not a very good one. I keep trying to figure out what I may have gotten and I think perhaps if I get a solid 15 in both 24's and 11 in the 12 marker then I should have 41 which is definitely a high C. If I get 44 however that's a B. It's so close I have no idea, it looks like a C from where I'm standing.

Does a C+A=equal B at AS. I hope so, I don't want any lower, tbh I have worked too hard this year for history to get any lower than a B in it. :frown:

What is your second unit on? Mine is on Britain during the 60's.

My 2nd unit is 1900 Britain New Liberalism and defeat of Tories

The way it works is they add MARKS together not grades and then the % it is gets marked as your grade at end.

Listen you're worrying too much. Look at mark scheme and see if your 24 markers carried the following criteria; closely argued, used historians ( I didn't ), used precise evidence (e.g Babylonish captivity of Church), and argued a selection of pieces - as long as you link back to question EVERYWHERE and then argue everything against each other your in top marks.

Hey I like exams cause as soon as you take them you can forget about them! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending