The Student Room Group

Are UKIP really that racist?

In my opinion, ukip aren't that racist, they are merely looking out for the British public and putting them first. Granted, some political views I do not agree with, but is the main consensus of the party really that bad? Migration is simply rising in this country and we are in fact becoming over populated, this could mean that your children won't be able to get a job because of the over population. I dont think foreign aid should stop however, I believe in skilled migrants working in our country. We would not lose foreign doctors or anything like that, it is basically like Australia. Nobody says Australia are racist do they? I quite often hear praise about the way they do things so why is it that UKIP are actually hated?
Well, In my opinion an immigration policy based on who you are not where you're from is much less racist than one where it matters where you are from but not who you are.
Reply 2
Original post by balanced
Well, In my opinion an immigration policy based on who you are not where you're from is much less racist than one where it matters where you are from but not who you are.

Well we need to put British people first, since this is our country. And then the policies isn't on where your from outside of Britain, it's how skilled you are. They don't care about what religion you follow, they won't care if your from Sweden or Spain, it's all about what can they contribute to our system. And I think the more you put into the system the better the outcome and therefore a better economy and life quality. I'm only 16, but I do understand this and have educated myself too, but then again I may be inexperienced so feel free to challenge my thoughts.
The party isn't racist at all, indeed the word 'racist' seems to be bandied about far too often these days, every time anyone criticises immigration, and it's why UKIP has become so popular in the first place, because everyone else is terrified of talking about it.

They're xenophobic and nationalist. I'm sure some members are racist, but every political party has racist members. Maybe UKIP appeals to a few more racists than others, but they're essentially guilty of no more than opposition to immigration, which isn't racism at all.
I'm more agreeing with their stance on African immigration in that we should be trying more to make their own countries better places to live by improving economic ties with them and helping them to develop. If we did that, the amount of illegal immigration occurring in the Med would be much less( aside from those fleeing war). In an ideal world, we could take everyone in but the reality is that we can't because Europe itself is struggling. We can't make more room for these people at all and there is no guarantee they'll integrate well into our society and culture. This is what the real immigration argument should be about. The supposed masses from Eastern Europe coming to the UK is an issue but Cameron is already seeming like he is going to get he wants from the EU(face it the EU need us more than we need them)concerning this issue. I'd prefer us to stay in the EU but we need to regain power from them no doubt. On the topic of UKIP being racist, yes the party does have a number of bigoted racists in it who think they are better than anyone not from the UK. It's a real shame because if they removed all of the racists and separated politics from bigoted opinion, the party would stand much better and stronger and wouldn't be as scrutinised and they'd be able to give liberals a good shaking. My hope is that Cameron gets what he wants and this whole debate on immigration can finally settle down. I disagree with UKIP on a lot of things but I agree on some points(as I do with every political party).

P.S I think it's good that Theresa May actually made her stance clear that Britain doesn't want to be signed up to imposed quotas for African immigrants. The numbers are just too large and there just isn't enough to go around to feed all of those mouths here. Look at the mess the economy is still in. Though at the same time we need to regulate the countries birth rate anyway.

P.P.S I voted Conservatives.
As a party, UKIP are not racist at all. Regardless of whether the concerns they raise about immigration are valid or not, they are certainly not racial concerns.

They do attract some racist supporters and members though, despite being a smaller party with fewer members and fewer politicians than the main parties.
Reply 6
Ukip isn't racist, but it has lots of racist members.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending