The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Adult nursing at york uni- 2015 app!

Hi. has anyone heard from York yet? Most of my access group have heard nothing other than those who have received rejections??:s-smilie:
Reply 1
Original post by misshay
Hi. has anyone heard from York yet? Most of my access group have heard nothing other than those who have received rejections??:s-smilie:

Hey I haven't heard anything, 2 weeks ago I emailed them and they said they were still shortlisting applicants and hope to let us know in a few weeks! X
University of York
York
Reply 2
Original post by betty-boo
Hey I haven't heard anything, 2 weeks ago I emailed them and they said they were still shortlisting applicants and hope to let us know in a few weeks! X

When did you put your UCAS in? Are you an access student or A-level? I'm dreading a reply because everyone just keeps getting rejected.:frown:
Reply 3
Original post by misshay
When did you put your UCAS in? Are you an access student or A-level? I'm dreading a reply because everyone just keeps getting rejected.:frown:

I'm in the first year of a foundation degree you? Have you heard yet? X
Original post by misshay

Hey, I'm still waiting to hear back from York, I sent my application in at the end of November, I'm hoping that hearing nothing is better than being rejected! x
Reply 5
Original post by RubyBrightmore
Hey, I'm still waiting to hear back from York, I sent my application in at the end of November, I'm hoping that hearing nothing is better than being rejected! x

It's a bit ridiculous how late they are! I mean they have to give us a reply by May 7th so they've got to interview and decide by then... It's not long as most unis start interviewing in December/january! X
Reply 6
I emailed York a few weeks ago to see if they knew when they expect to have short listed applicants. They said I should receive a decision in a few weeks.....still no word from them :frown:
It's a bit ridiculous how late they are! I mean they have to give us a reply by May 7th so they've got to interview and decide by then... It's not long as most unis start interviewing in December/january! X

I rung in and asked admissions and they told me that the person in charge of the applications for nursing was off until the 2nd of March so they should be back in by now x
Reply 8
Wahooo finally got offered an interview for 27th March! So happy!
Has anyone else heard?
Reply 9
Wow congratulations! did you get an email because track is down isn't it? :smile: No i haven't heard x
Reply 10
Wow congratulations! did you get an email because track is down isn't it? :smile: No i haven't heard x

Thank you! Yep i got an email, completely unexpected as it was a saturday afternoon!
Hopefully they will start rolling them out now and you'll hear soon!
Reply 11
I have an offer to start adult nursing in October (officially September intake), anyone else? :biggrin: xx good luck to all who have interviews :smile:
I'm still waiting to hear back, but I applied for Mental health.
I put my UCAS in in January and had my interview on the 18th Feb.

Again, I'm hoping that no news is good news, York is where I really want to go to.
Reply 13
Original post by Skrittles
I'm still waiting to hear back, but I applied for Mental health.
I put my UCAS in in January and had my interview on the 18th Feb.

Again, I'm hoping that no news is good news, York is where I really want to go to.

Fingers crossed for you :smile: xx
Hi guys. I'm interested in applying for the 2016 cohort. Could you tell me if you had to do any numeracy and literacy tests? Doesn't say so on the website, but you never know! Many thanks :smile:
Original post by DovahkiinChi
Hi guys. I'm interested in applying for the 2016 cohort. Could you tell me if you had to do any numeracy and literacy tests? Doesn't say so on the website, but you never know! Many thanks :smile:

Not for York
Brill, thanks! The 2nd Russell Group uni not to, so I'm v.happy to have heard this. :biggrin:
Could I also ask what kind of work experience you did? I'm looking at volunteering at some nursing homes for this summer, but am not sure how long to do that for.
Original post by DovahkiinChi
Brill, thanks! The 2nd Russell Group uni not to, so I'm v.happy to have heard this. :biggrin:
Could I also ask what kind of work experience you did? I'm looking at volunteering at some nursing homes for this summer, but am not sure how long to do that for.

Ive worked in a dementia care home, a school for children on the autistic spectrum, I've done volunteer work for mental health charities Youngminds and time to change, I've helped train mental health professionals in these roles and I have a job as a mental health support worker

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending