The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NutE
want me to make you some mango lassi? I hope you feel better soon :redface: at least youve done the opposite with me :smile:

Yes please! :coma:

Thank you, hopefully I will. I'm glad I have :smile:
Original post by Feraligatr

:hugs:
Nostalgia?

Yeah I guess so. :frown: thank you :hugs:
Original post by Lovinlife2
Sorry a late reply :redface:

Totally agree on parents' opinions on depression and yes, they usually do unfortunately misunderstand so make our lives a little bit harder :/ But I'm glad that your parents have started to open up a bit more :smile: I know right! I can go from a happy day at uni to suddenly being really depressed within a few hours or vice versa (sometimes that low mood will have no cause to it) and it's very annoying to be honest. Don't know if you feel that same way?
Yeah, it is quite hard, but I sometimes have to force myself to think positively to get through the day or ignore the feelings as much as I can do.
Yep, I'm in my first year at uni! :smile:

Ah, yeah, it was miserable. That is so true; we can never be quite sure how truly people are actually under all of those smiles :redface: No worries, same here, I try but sometimes I start breaking down that 'facade' I hold up.

No worries :smile: What are your plans now? Work? :smile: My reply:

Spoiler

No problem :smile:

Are your parents fairly understanding of your depression? I think it is so vital that we have a good support system in place, cause otherwise things can be really hard. Yeah, definitely. The worst thing is that sometimes there isn't even a trigger and you still end up feeling really low :/ its horrible :cry2: What are you studying, if you don't mind me asking?

People feel like they need to have a facade due to other people's opinions of them if they say they are depressed etc. I just can't manage to do it :redface: but I don't think that is a bad thing, necessarily.

I'm retaking a few exams and attempting uni again, this time staying at home. Still really scared though :redface:

Spoiler

:hugs:
Original post by cake_lover
Yeah I guess so. :frown: thank you :hugs:

I know those feels :redface:
:hugs: They'll go sooner or later, I usually find music helps :redface:
I'm feelin a bit peckish tbh
Original post by Jess_x
Numb. I've just received some very sad news but I can't cry and I don't feel anything.

I feel your pain..can't be easy but time will heal your pain and know you're welcome to talk and unload the pain when the time is right.

Posted from TSR Mobile
:hugs: to everyone struggling at the moment. Hang in there and things will hopefully get better (myself included :colondollar:) :hugs:
I'm anxious about exams... I'm repeating the year and I scared I might get kicked out of uni . TBH this year has been a good year for me and I'm very upset that It has ended & my housemates are moving away for placements (obviously happy for them) I'm not, still stuck in square one 😩. Oh well "cest la Vie "

Posted from TSR Mobile
:bored:
like i want to go die in a hole! (not that im gonna)
someone talk to me (lonely as ever)
Original post by kickboxer 98
like i want to go die in a hole! (not that im gonna)
someone talk to me (lonely as ever)

Aw <3
Wooh!- Hello.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bunnyland
confused and helpless over mock exams

well at least they are mocks and not the real thing :redface:
Original post by Anon_98
Aw <3
Wooh!- Hello.

Posted from TSR Mobile

hi- sorry about that before x
Stop the train of life, I want to get off. :frown:
Original post by kickboxer 98
hi- sorry about that before x

Aw thats okay! - why are you apologising? :smile:
Hope you're feeling a bit better now. x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anon_98
Aw thats okay! - why are you apologising? :smile:
Hope you're feeling a bit better now. x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not really :frown:
Me and this guy love eachother, but he doesnt want to be friends anymore as I live too far :frown:
Original post by Maid Marian
Stop the train of life, I want to get off. :frown:

:hugs: Hang in there, what's up? :redface:
hah hah I don't no what I am doing on this hahah

honk (if you get this refrance you are doing well my friend)
Original post by Feraligatr
:hugs: Hang in there, what's up? :redface:

:hugs: Just the usual, don't worry, I feel like this every night. :sad:
I see my life and my plans slipping away like a landslide in front of my eyes because of it all :sad:

Spoiler

Original post by Maid Marian
:hugs: Just the usual, don't worry, I feel like this every night. :sad:
I see my life and my plans slipping away like a landslide in front of my eyes because of it all :sad:

Spoiler

:hugs: I get you, but just hang tight, you never know what's gonna come your way. Success isn't always easy but its definitely well worth :jumphug:

Latest