The Student Room Group

Don't understand Organic Chemistry

Ok, I realised how confusing I find organic chemistry- everything about this whole side of chem is absolutely foreign to me. Please help, I tried watching videos, used chemguide and other resources yet still I'm struggling.
Reply 1
Havent your exams finished lol
Original post by Cherry82
Ok, I realised how confusing I find organic chemistry- everything about this whole side of chem is absolutely foreign to me. Please help, I tried watching videos, used chemguide and other resources yet still I'm struggling.

Lol for me the only thing that mattered or made a difference was the number of hours I put in... I revised organic chem probably around 3-4 times till I got the hang of it... First Time I remembered half of it, second time 2 thirds and third time almost completely... (For each revision I used different sources) From then on it was easy... Try to write down reactions after the end of each chapter... Examine yourself regarding reaction mechanisms... Organic chem is nothing hard, if you put in the hard work!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Helpme.
Havent your exams finished lol

Haha, yea they have.
To be frank, I really don't know how I survived OCR F322 where organic chemistry rules over everything. But as I'm now moving onto A2 and doing transition lessons I'm so confused. I'[m trying to understand concepts to do with Benzene and aromatics with cyclic bonds etc. A2 chemistry is definitely no joke- stuff is hard for sure and I regret ever thinking A level Chemistry would be easy. Oh how wrong I was!
Reply 4
Original post by icedark_knight
Lol for me the only thing that mattered or made a difference was the number of hours I put in... I revised organic chem probably around 3-4 times till I got the hang of it... First Time I remembered half of it, second time 2 thirds and third time almost completely... (For each revision I used different sources) From then on it was easy... Try to write down reactions after the end of each chapter... Examine yourself regarding reaction mechanisms... Organic chem is nothing hard, if you put in the hard work!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks so much. Really appreciate your comment as it has now motivated me to continue and not give up :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest