The Student Room Group

AQA A2 COMP 3 Computing 2015 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BaronK
No, as it inherits from its parent class it has its own instances of the same procedures.

So in the new class definition you only have to write in the new functions and procedures and the new data types? None of the stuff from the parents class?
Reply 401
Original post by Smithster1996
So in the new class definition you only have to write in the new functions and procedures and the new data types? None of the stuff from the parents class?

Nope! The only exception is if something has changed, i.e. there needs to be a change to a procedure in which case you put override on the end. But this is an exception rather than the rule.
Reply 402
In the class definition questions do we need to add all the functions/procedures that the parents class have?​ So if they asked us to write the class definition for a child class do we need to write into the public bit of the new class definition all of the functions and procedures that the parent class had?

Just write

Inherit [Base Class Name]

And thats it
Reply 403
Original post by BaronK
Nope! The only exception is if something has changed, i.e. there needs to be a change to a procedure in which case you put override on the end. But this is an exception rather than the rule.

Spot on.. :smile:
Original post by BaronK

Cheers!
What is the purpose of a Subnet mask? It seems like loads of things say different things
(edited 8 years ago)
What is the purpose of a Subnet mask? It seems like loads of things say different things

To check that the receiving computer is the computer is on the same subnet.

Basically you bitwise AND the IP address and the subnet mark (255.255.255.0)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by BaronK

But how do you know if something has changed unless it tells you?
Reply 408
Original post by aLeXaNdRa08
But how do you know if something has changed unless it tells you?

The stem of the question should indicate it.

I believe it is so you can see if another computer is on the same network/LAN segment.
Reply 409
Has anyone considered that there might be an 8 marker on Simulations? Or is that literally not possible?
Original post by Harry-D
Has anyone considered that there might be an 8 marker on Simulations? Or is that literally not possible?

There rarely are simulation questions but who knows!
They just love surprising us.
I'll be happy if AQA doesn't pull a COMP1 and hit us with a 100 Mark essay on the history of FEN.
Reply 412
I've just realize something, AQA recycle a lot of the Comp3 questions
Original post by Async
I've just realize something, AQA recycle a lot of the Comp3 questions

I can't remember which papers, but there's a network topology question with an almost identical diagram to an earlier paper.
Reply 414
Original post by Joe1000000
I can't remember which papers, but there's a network topology question with an almost identical diagram to an earlier paper.

Yup! That's pretty much comes up every other year, and so does the Turing Machine question.
Hoping a page and a bit 8-10 marker doesn't come up. Has anyone else noticed the boundaries have slowly from 80 to 90?

Hopefully will get an A*, since I got 73 in the project, and the may balance out any mishaps and one day's worth of COMP3 revision.
Reply 416
Original post by Harjot
Hoping a page and a bit 8-10 marker doesn't come up. Has anyone else noticed the boundaries have slowly from 80 to 90?

Hopefully will get an A*, since I got 73 in the project, and the may balance out any mishaps and one day's worth of COMP3 revision.

Yeah I was looking at that earlier :/ Maybe it'll reverse tomorrow :O
I hope nothing much comes up about operating systems.. I'll cry if it's a 6-8 marker on it.. Hoping for a long Turing machine question and some SQL/DDL stuff, finished off with a round of CSMA/CD!
Reply 418
Original post by Shaney96
I hope nothing much comes up about operating systems.. I'll cry if it's a 6-8 marker on it.. Hoping for a long Turing machine question and some SQL/DDL stuff, finished off with a round of CSMA/CD!

CSMA/CD would be nice, it just sounds a lot harder than it really is.
I basically know nothing about the Commmunication and Networking topics

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending