The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Almost certainly. I'd expect it to be there on Thursday at the latest.
Reply 2
Yes, as you posted it before 5pm (if that's the time of the last post everywhere) it should get there the next day. Thursday latest.
thanks guys :biggrin:
Reply 4
Hi if I post a card on friday will it get there the next day
Reply 5
Original post by dazzer22
Hi if I post a card on friday will it get there the next day

As it is a bank holiday tomorrow, No.
Reply 6
I posted a letter with something in it, I posted it 4:50 on Tuesday, will it come today?
I think if you sent it `1st class its supposed to get there the next day.
Yes if you send it first class on a Tuesday before a certain time (4-5pm I think) it should arrive the next day. It will almost certainly arrive before Friday if it's UK To UK.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I sent a letter today (Thursday), when should it get to the person I sent it to? Ps tomorrow is bank holiday
Hi I got sent a birthday card for my son first class on Monday before 12pm pick up it's almost Thursday in 4hours and my sons card has still not arrived? Yet it was first class not recorded or special delivery. Any explanation please anybody?
Original post by Eddie1988
Hi I got sent a birthday card for my son first class on Monday before 12pm pick up it's almost Thursday in 4hours and my sons card has still not arrived? Yet it was first class not recorded or special delivery. Any explanation please anybody?

Royal Mail DO NOT guarantee mail to be delivered the next day unless you pay for special delivery.
Source:- Royal Mail website and I'm an former employee of Royal Mail.
Hi sonic of pron is it likely to be have stolen by workers or anything? It's doing my head in and upsetting my children. I'm not sure how the Royal Mail system works,it's been a week come this Monday.
ROYAL MAIL ARE DUSGUSTING TO SEND ANYTHING WITH. It's now been 3weeks my sons card,money and pictures of his sister have been ''lost'' in the post.. They offered him 6 stamps compensation! We've contacted watchdog and explained what's happened,how gutted my child is not to get the card off his sister of which he only gets to see every once a year if he's lucky!!!!!!!! He is truly devastated and I believe the money was the last thing he wanted he was just looking forward to seeing his sister and hearing from her. Never will I send my post via Royal Mail again.. I believe it was stolen as it was shipped from York to Milton Keynes. Not collected on the other side. I ADVISE ANYONE TO GO WITH ANOTHER COMPANY. To make him feel better I've had to arrange to take him to see his sister in Australia. Thanks f*+king Royal Mail,once bit twice shy !!!!
HI guys i sent a a4 size letter with a a4 piece of paper in with one first class stamp to Lincoln, i mailed it on the 29th, and the person still hasnt received it, will it still be posted there even though i didnt put two stamps on it?
Original post by jadegreenwood
HI guys i sent a a4 size letter with a a4 piece of paper in with one first class stamp to Lincoln, i mailed it on the 29th, and the person still hasnt received it, will it still be posted there even though i didnt put two stamps on it?

I strongly advise anybody to go via another mailing company other than Royal Mail as I've encountered nothing but problems each an every time I've used them,hope this helps
Reply 16
I posted a letter yesterday about 8:30 at night will it be there by Saturday?
When was yesterday, some mail has waited years to be delivered. if yesterday was in the past and not the day before today then nobody knows what you are saying! I'm still waiting for a small parcel to be delivered to me, sent in 1961. That was when royal mail was ''royal'' mail and not post office services.Everybody had trust then!! You got what you paid for!!..My malasian postman writes on my letters ''dog in garden'' and i dont get my mail even though the dog is isolated from the delivery area. True that postmen have to be careful and use their discretion with animals (some of them eat dog in their own countries) but to deny me my letters for no reason except their paranoia is ridiculous!! Good luck with your post as it is getting worse and the service more expensive!!!!!
I sent 10 pound to manchester from walsall like around 2ish first class stamp would it arrive to manchester tomorrow?
My daughter posted a letter to me from Newcastle to Kent on Thursday by 1st class stamp post yet it's now Saturday and it still has not arrived .... So no first class post does not always arrive the following day as it does not arrive next day if you do it via 1st class recorded delivery signed for ... That can take upto 4 days :0(

Latest

Trending

Trending