The Student Room Group

Student finance

Hi, long story. I previously studied a degree a couple years back and dropped out after a few months, I’m now studying again elsewhere however I’m not doing too well but plan on completing this year but then potentially taking some time off. Anyway I was just wondering if I would be eligible for future tuition fee funding? I’m aware I would have used up 2 year funding and will have to pay first year again myself but how would I go about compelling personal reasons? When I first dropped out I didn’t really give a reason I just asked to withdraw so there wouldn’t be any proof of doctors appointments and tutor meetings or anything like that, would contacting my old uni and my doctors now to talk about why I dropped out back work just the same?
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by AE1106
Hi, long story. I previously studied a degree a couple years back and dropped out after a few months, I’m now studying again elsewhere however I’m not doing too well but plan on completing this year but then potentially taking some time off. Anyway I was just wondering if I would be eligible for future tuition fee funding? I’m aware I would have used up 2 year funding and will have to pay first year again myself but how would I go about compelling personal reasons? When I first dropped out I didn’t really give a reason I just asked to withdraw so there wouldn’t be any proof of doctors appointments and tutor meetings or anything like that, would contacting my old uni and my doctors now to talk about why I dropped out back work just the same?

Hi there,

What course are you looking to study now? Was your previous study full time or part time? If you're trying to get Compelling Personal Reasons evidence (CPR) you can speak to you old university or doctors about getting this. The evidence would be a letter on headed paper signed/stamped and dated from someone in profession i.e. Doctor/lecturer who knows the CPR. They must know how it affected your studies and the dates it affected you. Once received it will be up to the assessor if this will be accepted or not.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

What course are you looking to study now? Was your previous study full time or part time? If you're trying to get Compelling Personal Reasons evidence (CPR) you can speak to you old university or doctors about getting this. The evidence would be a letter on headed paper signed/stamped and dated from someone in profession i.e. Doctor/lecturer who knows the CPR. They must know how it affected your studies and the dates it affected you. Once received it will be up to the assessor if this will be accepted or not.

Thanks,
Claire

It’s just another undergraduate degree. My previous course was full time. I never spoke to my doctor’s and briefly spoke to my uni when I dropped out so would they still be able to date and sign a letter if I tell them how it affected me back then or does it need to be something I’m currently going through?
Hi there. It would need to refer to the year you could not complete. The evidence must be;

- Signed and dated
-Confirms the reason why you could not continue with your studies and
- When this took place

You can speak with them about it and then send it with a letter from yourself, in your own words, why you could not complete the year and how your studies were impacted. Thanks, Leah.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending