The Student Room Group

Cambridge Offer Holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Elcor
Ah right, pretty sure the TSR guide says that it is /The End/ by The Doors if it comes up with unsuccessful on Track.

I put up a guide to results day for Cambridge offer holders around an hour ago - it does not say that, feel free to check it :P
Original post by Lucilou101
I put up a guide to results day for Cambridge offer holders around an hour ago - it does not say that, feel free to check it :P

I was referring to the general guide
Original post by Elcor
I was referring to the general guide

If your offer has changed to unsuccessful then generally yes that means the end. But if the university is honouring the offer until the 31st and you have a re-mark that goes up then it can be reversed.
If your offer has changed to unsuccessful then generally yes that means the end. But if the university is honouring the offer until the 31st and you have a re-mark that goes up then it can be reversed.

Is it work asking whether they would reconsider with a remark, or is the procedure to just assume they're going to hold their end of the deal and get the remark?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elcor
Ah right, pretty sure the TSR guide says that it is /The End/ by The Doors if it comes up with unsuccessful on Track.

I'm sure you will break on through (to the other side).

Strange days.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Elcor
Is it work asking whether they would reconsider with a remark, or is the procedure to just assume they're going to hold their end of the deal and get the remark?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You would definitely need to tell them if you are getting a remark.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

The 2014 guide?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elcor

Posted from TSR Mobile

You need to speak to them first - they need to be kept in the loop and may have different advice etc
They also may give the place away through the summer pool if they don't realise you're getting a remark
You need to speak to them first - they need to be kept in the loop and may have different advice etc
They also may give the place away through the summer pool if they don't realise you're getting a remark

Good point, thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mystery.
Did anyone go to the Cambridge Sutton trust summer school? If so, did you like it and do you think it helped you get the offer?

Yes I went to the Medicine one in 2014 at St John's College and I ended up getting an offer.
I enjoyed every second of that summer school. The summer school really does allow you to experience life as a Cambridge student which reassured me on applying to Cambridge. Also the week was on results week so I asked about if my results would make a competitive application and they gave me confidence in applying to Cambridge.
I wrote about it in my personal statement, although I didn't mention it was at Cambridge just in case the other universities I applied to think negatively of it. The summer school also helped me on deciding which college I should apply to. But I'm not too sure if it helped me in the selection process.

I'd eat a hat if you didn't.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I'd eat a hat if you didn't.

Don't remind me of the abysmal election
Original post by Elcor
xxx

I take it you missed my very amusing Doors references...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
I take it you missed my very amusing Doors references...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did because The End is their only song I know :frown:

I like Strange Days.

Who were your favourite bands/artists when you were a youth?

I have heard of people getting a gap year place after a re-mark. I think this is where the new mark came in after 31st August.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hah, results.

I'm just chilling here.

image.jpg
Original post by Elcor
I like Strange Days.

Who were your favourite bands/artists when you were a youth?

Mozart.

Or Banarama.

Or, more seriously: The Police, ZZ Top, Blondie, Bowie, Dire Straits, Eurythmics, Pink Floyd, Van Morrison.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
Mozart.

Or Banarama.

Or, more seriously: The Police, ZZ Top, Blondie, Bowie, Dire Straits, Eurythmics, Pink Floyd, Van Morrison.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You must be the same age as my father! Not Rod Stewart?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending