Scroll to see replies

Miserable

Forcing myself to study in poland for exams

Med student 3rd onto 4th almost

Can't get any worse can it

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by somethingbeautiful

If you're referring to what I think you are, then that's not you're only option and I hope you speak to someone. As for degree classifications - do not for one second believe that a 2.1 or 1st classification will lead to immediate success or that a 2.2 or 3rd means you're doomed. I personally know someone with a 3rd who went onto become a Doctor (grad med) and I know a lot of very successful people without degrees. Myself, on the other hand, I have a 2.1 and I've decided to go back and do another degree entirely after 3 years in rather unfulfilling work! Degree class is one small aspect of your future career - you'll find that work experience counts for a lot more.

Out of interest, are you a 2nd or 3rd year, what are you studying and what are your career ambitions? If you need to talk feel free to PM me. I was on 2.2 in 2nd year and graduated with a 2.1 - not that it matters since I've never used my degree :wink:.

I have no skills, no experience, no nothing. It's fine, I've already had 6 months on the NHS not that it helped. I'm not too bothered, if S is the only way for me than it's okay. :smile:
2nd year, Economics, no career ambitions. Just interested in it, turns out I'm terrible at it.
Over the moon I just got a bursary covering the costs of my course. Yipeee!
Original post by senz72
I have no skills, no experience, no nothing. It's fine, I've already had 6 months on the NHS not that it helped. I'm not too bothered, if S is the only way for me than it's okay. :smile:
2nd year, Economics, no career ambitions. Just interested in it, turns out I'm terrible at it.

There are jobs out there regardless of your degree or your classification. Some times it takes some of us a little while longer to find our calling - just because you haven't found it yet doesn't mean you never will. It took me a few years after graduation. Also, just because you don't think you're good at Econ doesn't mean there isn't something else that you're really good at and it doesn't mean you have no skills. You must have hobbies that you enjoy even if you don't have clear career ambitions, sometimes it's better to start with your hobbies and see where they can lead. Don't let your self worth rest upon a degree, you're worth more than a piece of paper.
Original post by somethingbeautiful
There are jobs out there regardless of your degree or your classification. Some times it takes some of us a little while longer to find our calling - just because you haven't found it yet doesn't mean you never will. It took me a few years after graduation. Also, just because you don't think you're good at Econ doesn't mean there isn't something else that you're really good at and it doesn't mean you have no skills. You must have hobbies that you enjoy even if you don't have clear career ambitions, sometimes it's better to start with your hobbies and see where they can lead. Don't let your self worth rest upon a degree, you're worth more than a piece of paper.

Thanks. We'll see. Not sure my parents will be happy. Both on MW, expecting me to pay for the mortgage. Clearly that's not going to happen. I don't have skills. I really wish I did but I don't. :s
I also don't have any hobbies. When I'm in a rut, I just lock myself in my room for days. :s

Saw you on one of the 2:2 unemployed page threads. Thank you for sticking up for people who haven't done so well.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by senz72
Thanks. We'll see. Not sure my parents will be happy. Both on MW, expecting me to pay for the mortgage. Clearly that's not going to happen. I don't have skills. I really wish I did but I don't. :s
I also don't have any hobbies. When I'm in a rut, I just lock myself in my room for days. :s

Wow, your parents are putting you under a lot of pressure if they expect you to pay their mortgage. Have you spoken to them about that? You have more skills than you realize. I know you can type, I know you can use a computer, I know you've got a good command of the English language, I know you can communicate. So there's 5 skills right there that could get you started in admin for example (I did admin after uni with no prior office experience).

I can relate about you reaction when you're in a rut - I used to be exactly like that but it only makes things worse. I started facing my problems and the things that scared me and my life gradually improved. I was unemployed for a long time after I graduated but now I work full time and volunteer and I finally have a career plan. So things can turn around for people and situations improve - you just have to keep going even when you really don't feel like it.
Thoughtful
I want pizza 😩😒
Original post by senz72
Thanks.

I've got resits in a few days and I just can't start revising. Everything's gone wrong. :frown:
I need to start revising because I'm on 46.5 right. A third?! Embarrassing. :frown:
I do wish I succeeded in my S attempt in January.
Well done for turning for improving your life. I really wish that it could happen for me, but it's not looking likely. :frown:

Hey, your inbox is full.
Cleared. :smile:
Unhappy and sick...angry at myself for getting to this stage...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Deep depression. For regretting the mistakes I've made in the past.
Reply 5632
i d k sorta tired maybe?
In a frenzy/stressed/tired/confused/worried/*insert another pejorative word*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wistful
Original post by Mochassassin
In a frenzy/stressed/tired/confused/worried/*insert another pejorative word*

Posted from TSR Mobile

whats wrong?
Original post by chelseafreak
whats wrong?

Nothing major, just tedious applications to fill out and the usual existential crises.
Thanks for asking. :hugs:
Original post by Mochassassin
Nothing major, just tedious applications to fill out and the usual existential crises.
Thanks for asking. :hugs:

i know the feeling, no problem i'm always here if you need to talk
Reply 5638
so bored its unreal

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chelseafreak
i know the feeling, no problem i'm always here if you need to talk

Thank you, that's really sweet of you to offer!

Latest