The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LovePiano
What can I do with Maths, Bio, Chem and Psychology?
I'm still not sure if I want to be a doctor and I want to know what else I can do?

You can do a lot. Use this website for ideas.
http://www.prospects.ac.uk/options_with_your_subject.htm
You have plenty of choice.

e.g Philosophy, politics, biology, chemistry, biological science, chemical engineering, mathematics, film studies, architecture, law, computer science, psychology, biomedical science, pharmacy and so on; pretty much every degree except history, languages, physics and it's related fields, english literature and sometimes maths (requiring further maths)

Have a look at university courses where ever you're interested in applying...
Thank you!!
Im doing math, bio, chem, physics and psychology for AS level and i think i want to do medicine but i reli dnt want to be in uni for 8 yrs it seems like to much. I also dnt knw if have what it takes..... Stamina wise.
What other amazing careers and uni courses can i get into. I dnt want a 9 to 5 desk job. I was thinking natural science degree or biochem wid molecular med. Any suggestions ? :smile:
Reply 5
you can study a psychology course for university and get a degree on it as i have recently read that psychology is one of the most useful degrees to have in todays world :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
what should i do further if i have biology,physics and general studies? I failed my AS chemistry so is it possible that i continue it in the 13th year? Or if i drop chemistry what other subject should i opt for other than chemistry an what to do further? is there amy degree which does not require chemistry? Help me people
Hey people i need some help. What if you fail ur chemistry AS level exam? Should i continue chemistry to 13th year or is it okay if i drop it? Is there any degree which doesn't require chemistry? I have biology,physics and general paper. So what other subject should i opt in the 13th year to get any possible degree? can anybody please help me decide. is there any universith which could give me an admission without chemistryy?
Original post by dreamersomeone97
Hey people i need some help. What if you fail ur chemistry AS level exam? Should i continue chemistry to 13th year or is it okay if i drop it? Is there any degree which doesn't require chemistry? I have biology,physics and general paper. So what other subject should i opt in the 13th year to get any possible degree? can anybody please help me decide. is there any universith which could give me an admission without chemistryy?

I know I've failed chemistry - but I want to do Biological Science anyways. If its only one AS then it really doesn't matter. Even Oxford don't particulary care if you get a low pass in one subject
Reply 9
hi i need help, iv done chemistry, biology, psychology and art at AS( got A,A,B,B grade),,,i have an interest in pharmacy and was wondering what i can drop from psychology and art,,,,,,,, and still get into pharmacy?
Original post by jerrine
hi i need help, iv done chemistry, biology, psychology and art at AS( got A,A,B,B grade),,,i have an interest in pharmacy and was wondering what i can drop from psychology and art,,,,,,,, and still get into pharmacy?

Carry on with what you feel is the easiest you can handle. A2 Chemistry and Biology have a lot more content and you will need to focus a lot more on them. If you enjoy Art and you feel it's a lighter weight load compared to Psychology then carry on with it as it'llgive you variation. However, if you feel that Psychology is a lot easier for you then carry on with that. Essentially you need a subject that will keep you sane throughout A2 but one that won't take too much off your time / focus with Chemistry, Biology.
Reply 11
I am doing second year in Bsc doing geology, chemistry and mathematics. I am interested in the field of engineering like mining engineering or petroleum engineering.Are the modules i am doing now going to help to me move to the depart of engineering in the univesity that offer it?could you please help good people
Hi
I need help
For my A levels I am studying Chemistry Psychoology English literature and Btec Health and Social!

I am in my first year of sixth form and I wanted to do Biology instead of health and social but I was unable to because I got a C!
Now I don't know what career I can do with the subjects I have picked!
Is it still possible to do optometry without biology?

Please help me to choose the possible career a I can choose with the subjects I have selected!

Thank you
Original post by JustLOL96
Carry on with what you feel is the easiest you can handle. A2 Chemistry and Biology have a lot more content and you will need to focus a lot more on them. If you enjoy Art and you feel it's a lighter weight load compared to Psychology then carry on with it as it'llgive you variation. However, if you feel that Psychology is a lot easier for you then carry on with that. Essentially you need a subject that will keep you sane throughout A2 but one that won't take too much off your time / focus with Chemistry, Biology.

I NEED HELP. I am currently doing 4 a levels at a2 but I want to drop one, Im confused between psychology and chemistry, I'm not really sure what it is I want to do at uni maybe optom, my predicted grade is B for chem and A for psyc. The other two a levels I am doing are bio and maths both at a predicted at an A.
Original post by thefailurelife
I NEED HELP. I am currently doing 4 a levels at a2 but I want to drop one, Im confused between psychology and chemistry, I'm not really sure what it is I want to do at uni maybe optom, my predicted grade is B for chem and A for psyc. The other two a levels I am doing are bio and maths both at a predicted at an A.

Look at what uni you want to go to and drop the one which benefits you the least
I actually rang uni of manchester today and they said they would perfer if i kept chem but it doesnt really matter if i didnt either because i would still meet the requirement
U could be a dentist
Hi.
For my Alevels I am doing biology, Chemistry and Maths.
What courses can I enter to?
I'm still not sure if I want to be a doctor and I want to know what else I can do?

I know precisely what you can do.
Drop Psychology.

Bants 2012 thread

Genuinely im in the exact same situation and im so stuck

Latest

Trending

Trending