The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent applicants 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

The requirements to move from the first year of FdSc to second year BSc Physics at Nottingham Trent are ... "If you pass all of your first year modules at the first attempt and have an average mark for your first year of at least 65%, then you can transfer to BSc Physics or BSc Physics with Nuclear Technology. You will proceed directly into the second year of your BSc course, which allows you to obtain a BSc in three years."
(edited 8 years ago)
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by ParadoxSocks
What is f300 and f302?

Hi - You should have received the following explanation with your alternative offer - my apologies if you didn't
Congratulations on your A-level results! I understand that they were not as high asyou had expected, but they are still a good, respectable set of results.Unfortunately, your grades are not high enough for you tostart studying on one of our BSc courses at Nottingham Trent University. However, I think that you have the ability tostudy Physics at university level, and I would like to offer you a place on ourFdSc Physics course. This is afoundation course, which shares many lectures and labs with our BSc Physicscourses. It also provides extra help andsupport for students through a series of workshops. Students on the FdSc course can obtain one ofa number of qualifications, including:· BSc Physics or BScPhysics with Nuclear Technology (three years of study). If you pass all of your first year modules atthe first attempt and have an average mark for your first year of at least 65%,then you can transfer to BSc Physics or BSc Physics with Nuclear Technology. You will proceed directly into the secondyear of your BSc course, which allows you to obtain a BSc in three years.· FdSc Physics (two yearsof study).· BSc TechnologicalPhysics (three years of study). Uponcompleting the FdSc, you can proceed directly into the final year of thiscourse.· BSc Physics or BScPhysics with Nuclear Technology (four years of study). Upon completing the FdSc, you can proceeddirectly into the second year of either of these courses.To accept or decline this place, please visit the UCASwebsite.If you would like more information on this course, thenplease contact one of the following people:· Dr. Alan Wood. Alan is the Physics Admissions Tutor and canbe contacted on 0115 848 8404 on Thursday 13th August (7am-5pm), Friday 14thAugust (9am-5pm) & Monday 17th August (9am-5pm).· Jake Spear. Jake is a former FdSc student at NottinghamTrent University. He transferred fromthe FdSc course to a BSc course and then to an MSci course. He is currently studying for his PhD. He can be contacted on 0115 848 3163 onThursday 13th August (9am-5pm).· Caroline Shaw. Caroline began studying at Nottingham TrentUniversity on the FdSc Physics course in 2013. She transferred to a BSc course and is currently studying for MSciPhysics. She can be contacted on 0115848 3559 on Thursday 13th August (9am-5pm).Ultimately, I think you have the ability to study Physics atuniversity, and I hope that you choose to study with us this autumn.Best regards,Dr. Alan WoodPhysics Admissions TutorNottingham Trent University
Original post by Alan_Wood
Hi - You should have received the following explanation with your alternative offer - my apologies if you didn't
Congratulations on your A-level results! I understand that they were not as high asyou had expected, but they are still a good, respectable set of results.Unfortunately, your grades are not high enough for you tostart studying on one of our BSc courses at Nottingham Trent University. However, I think that you have the ability tostudy Physics at university level, and I would like to offer you a place on ourFdSc Physics course. This is afoundation course, which shares many lectures and labs with our BSc Physicscourses. It also provides extra help andsupport for students through a series of workshops. Students on the FdSc course can obtain one ofa number of qualifications, including:· BSc Physics or BScPhysics with Nuclear Technology (three years of study). If you pass all of your first year modules atthe first attempt and have an average mark for your first year of at least 65%,then you can transfer to BSc Physics or BSc Physics with Nuclear Technology. You will proceed directly into the secondyear of your BSc course, which allows you to obtain a BSc in three years.· FdSc Physics (two yearsof study).· BSc TechnologicalPhysics (three years of study). Uponcompleting the FdSc, you can proceed directly into the final year of thiscourse.· BSc Physics or BScPhysics with Nuclear Technology (four years of study). Upon completing the FdSc, you can proceeddirectly into the second year of either of these courses.To accept or decline this place, please visit the UCASwebsite.If you would like more information on this course, thenplease contact one of the following people:· Dr. Alan Wood. Alan is the Physics Admissions Tutor and canbe contacted on 0115 848 8404 on Thursday 13th August (7am-5pm), Friday 14thAugust (9am-5pm) & Monday 17th August (9am-5pm).· Jake Spear. Jake is a former FdSc student at NottinghamTrent University. He transferred fromthe FdSc course to a BSc course and then to an MSci course. He is currently studying for his PhD. He can be contacted on 0115 848 3163 onThursday 13th August (9am-5pm).· Caroline Shaw. Caroline began studying at Nottingham TrentUniversity on the FdSc Physics course in 2013. She transferred to a BSc course and is currently studying for MSciPhysics. She can be contacted on 0115848 3559 on Thursday 13th August (9am-5pm).Ultimately, I think you have the ability to study Physics atuniversity, and I hope that you choose to study with us this autumn.Best regards,Dr. Alan WoodPhysics Admissions TutorNottingham Trent University

Thanks for that Alan. Very helpful :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi,
Thank you so much for explaining this, you have just stopped me from having a complete panic.
Will this be emailed to me?

Original post by Alan_Wood
My offer was not accepted by NTU.

Have I lost all chances or can I give someone there a call and see if anything can be done?
In theory it should already be with you ... if not, then please call me on the number in the message, and I can get it sent out.

Original post by doctor_2_be
Hi,
Thank you so much for explaining this, you have just stopped me from having a complete panic.
Will this be emailed to me?
Original post by Lemon Haze

Have I lost all chances or can I give someone there a call and see if anything can be done?

Hi,

If you give our team a call on 0115 848 6000 they may be able to discuss the course you are looking at or any other options available.

All the best,
Erica
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Lemon Haze

If you've been rejected there isn't much point as they'll have already considered you. If you're getting any sort of remark then contact them else it's time to start looking at your other options.
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi,

If you give our team a call on 0115 848 6000 they may be able to discuss the course you are looking at or any other options available.

All the best,
Erica

Thank you for the number!
Reply 1069
i still haven't heard anything back from NTU and i really have my heart set on here! i got my results and I'm 20 UCAS points under :frown: my course is in clearing and i don't know what to do...
Original post by doxxo
i still haven't heard anything back from NTU and i really have my heart set on here! i got my results and I'm 20 UCAS points under :frown: my course is in clearing and i don't know what to do...

Hi,

Give us a call on 0115 848 6000 our advisor's should be able to help you.

Cheers,
Erica
Original post by Doyinb_
Has anyone one else not heard anything but gotten the requires grades?

Meeeee
Original post by Jamie_11_x
Meeeee

You'll be fine if you have the grades so don't worry about it :smile:
Original post by Jamie_11_x
Meeeee

Hi,

If you have got the required results and haven't heard anything from us please fill out the admissions form attached below.

https://www.ntu.ac.uk/apps/clearing/enquiries/student_query.aspx

Cheers,
Erica
'(conditional offer (firmly accepted))'

that is what my track application says. some people are telling me this means i have been given an offer, but my teacher said i should call to check. i called a number on the ntu website and the guy i spoke to didn't seem sure..

can anyone help have i got the place and if so i do i accept/confirm it and how do i go about applying for accommodation?
Original post by wonderkid14
'(conditional offer (firmly accepted))'

that is what my track application says. some people are telling me this means i have been given an offer, but my teacher said i should call to check. i called a number on the ntu website and the guy i spoke to didn't seem sure..

can anyone help have i got the place and if so i do i accept/confirm it and how do i go about applying for accommodation?

That just means that they are your firm and they haven't updated your offer yet. Have you met the requirements?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ParadoxSocks
That just means that they are your firm and they haven't updated your offer yet. Have you met the requirements?

Posted from TSR Mobile

hello thank you for replying, i was required '300 ucas points from 3 Alevels and a grade C in maths'

i got grades C in maths, D in sociology and E in physics.
i was thinking they accepted me because of my C grade in maths?
Original post by wonderkid14
hello thank you for replying, i was required '300 ucas points from 3 Alevels and a grade C in maths'

i got grades C in maths, D in sociology and E in physics.
i was thinking they accepted me because of my C grade in maths?

They're still considering you. You should call them up and see what they say. How many ucas points do you have?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone staying in CB at Brackenhurst?:biggrin:
I'm trying to find three more of our flatmates in DC in Brakenhurst.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending