The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Derby desperately need to bounce back tomorrow.

Elsewhere, the Middlesbrough-Bolton match is piquing my interest.
Original post by blackened_sky
Trust me, with McEveley in our defence, anything is possible.

Fancy our chances tomorrow now that you've sold Murphy and we've got Lee Novak on loan for a season
Original post by joddcfc
Fancy our chances tomorrow now that you've sold Murphy and we've got Lee Novak on loan for a season

I'm so gutted mate, was my favourite player, but at least we've got Sharp and Adams still
I'm so gutted mate, was my favourite player, but at least we've got Sharp and Adams still

Know how it feels, we've lost 4 of our best 5 players this summer
Burnley vs Birmingham on SS1 now & Cardiff vs QPR are live from 5pm.

I'm so happy the football league is back :')
Been all Burnley but a hopeful long ball leads to the opener for Birmingham, 0-1
Amazing job done by Rowett, they really were dire before he took over.
Incredible match between Carlise and Cambridge it's currently 4.3
Unbelievable result today, don't think any Cov fan saw us winning both of these games!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Will it be Coventry's season? Their first promotion from a league since (don't know when:biggrin:)?
Great start to the season for Coventry.

Tony Mowbray has assembled an exciting young squad there - Adam Armstrong on loan from Newcastle, Ruben Lameiras, James Maddison and Jacob Murphy from Norwich City - and they've got six points from two matches against recently relegated second tier sides.
Original post by joddcfc
Know how it feels, we've lost 4 of our best 5 players this summer

Aaaand I am one happy Blade right now :wink:

Super Che Adams, man!
That first Adam Armstrong goal for Coventry was a beauty.
Has the first round draw been for the JPT ? If so when are the ties played ??
Yeah soccer am did it. Not sure about the ties

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aaaand I am one happy Blade right now :wink:

Super Che Adams, man!

He looks a very good player tbf. Thought it was a fairly even game though and lots of my Blades mates have even said that we played better than you but it counts for nothing when you can convert your chances but we can't convert ours I guess
Two weeks on the bounce Coventry have cost me an acca. Although Derby underperforming aren't helping me either :angry:
Original post by shawn_o1
Will it be Coventry's season? Their first promotion from a league since (don't know when:biggrin:)?

No promotion since 1967 although to be fair promotion wasn't possible for 34 of those years :wink:
Original post by Midlander
The cool teams put themselves in administration and play 35 miles from their home city.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds like a plan.Maybe it is cool to have an owner who is a convict aswell , maybe its cool for owners not to invest and send revenue 6000 miles to hong Kong.Also maybe its cool to have fans protesting against you like the Oystons.

All joking aside the worst owners have to be
The Cov have
The Yeungs
The Cardiff ones for the kit colour blackpool have nothing to moan about really
Dreadful gaffe from McGregor to gift Wolves a point today.

Quick Reply

Latest