The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Freshers looking for private accommodation 2015

I wasnt sure i was going to end up at southampton until a while after results day and still havent sorted out any accomodation. Was just wondering if there is anybody in a similar position who also hasnt sorted accomodation yet ?. Would also appreciate any advice as to the best way to sort accomodation this late.

Scroll to see replies

Just found out I didn't get into halls because I got in through clearing.

Was wondering if anyone else is in the same position and how their going about finding accommodation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Original post by Woooooooooow

Was wondering if anyone else is in the same position and how their going about finding accommodation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't get into halls either. I have no idea what I'm doing now.
Original post by Sabrina1996
I didn't get into halls either. I have no idea what I'm doing now.

I'm trying to get into sassh but I have to wait for the uni to activate my account. This is a lot more stressful than I was expecting

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey guys :smile:

Have you considered going into private accommodation? Vita Student Southampton has plenty of first year students coming to live with us this September. We offer luxury affordable studio apartments only a short walk from Solent and a 15 minute bus to The University of Southampton which picks you up right near the development.
Our studios have a stylish bedroom and bathroom with bedding included, designer kitchen with all appliances and utensils included, 32 inch smart television and licence, weekly cleaning service, breakfast mon-fri, gym membership, weekly social events and so much more.

All you have to do is turn up with your hundreds of suitcases ha :smile:

If you would like me to, i can arrange for you to have a Skype viewing so you can see for yourself. If you want to get in touch yourself, please call our clearing accommodation helpline on 02030961717 or email us at [email protected] and one of our friendly lettings team will help you!

Sophie :smile:
www.vitastudent.com/locations/southampton/
I'm trying to get into sassh but I have to wait for the uni to activate my account. This is a lot more stressful than I was expecting

Posted from TSR Mobile

It really is. Every accommodation I've found so far is too expensive
Hi I am going to be studying Computer Science at the University of Southampton and my I didn't get into uni accommodation. I am looking for some people to get a house/flat to share. If you are interested then please PM your phone number so we can talk. Thanks
Well I just got that same email LOL lets start this search
Reply 8
I haven't got accomodation yet because I didn't know i was going to be going southampton until after results day. I need to sort private accomodation too, id probably be interested.
Reply 9
I havent got accomodation either because i was late to realise i would be going southampton. Ive done some research online and there are quite a few student shared houses in the area.
Original post by LiamAlexis
Well I just got that same email LOL lets start this search

I don't know whether to cry or laugh tbh. Is everyone who didn't get into halls going to private accomm thing on Friday?
Reply 11
I don't know whether to cry or laugh tbh. Is everyone who didn't get into halls going to private accomm thing on Friday?

What private accomodation thing ?
Original post by AF1997
What private accomodation thing ?

Private rented accommodation open day for those who didn't get into halls. Came with the email

I think I'm going, definitely a good idea even if nothing comes out of it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Ah damn it i didnt get an email, i guess its because i was so late to even try and apply. I made a facebook group btw called "southampton accomodation 2015" so join it if youre interested in sharing. If you cant find it or just want to then private message me and ill give you my number if thats easier.
Well I'm an international student so attending anything this week is a no
yeah i went through clearing and just found out my application for accommodation got rejected..
not really sure what to do either, desperately wanted to live in halls but sadly no :frown:
so sad about this news...just rang and they also said every hall is full :frown:
Reply 18
I will be going to the information day this Friday for private rented. It's a good idea to try and book some house viewings to see while you're visiting!
Reply 19
Are you planning on coming to the private housing open day this Friday? I'm in the exact same situation and don't really know what to do!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending