The Student Room Group

A2 Maths

Was wondering how hard A2 maths is, I found AS pretty straight forward. S1 was the only tricky one for me
Original post by greycheck
Was wondering how hard A2 maths is, I found AS pretty straight forward. S1 was the only tricky one for me

For Edexcel at least, C3 is in most ways easier than C2. One exception that comes to mind is the trig, which you only see a bit of in C2. C4 can be tricky, but again just practice for it, like C3 and your applied module, and you'll do just fine.

You probably won't have a choice if you study with your class, but you'll have the choice of S2/D1/M1. How easy it'll be partly depends on which way you lean.
Reply 2
Original post by SeanFM
For Edexcel at least, C3 is in most ways easier than C2. One exception that comes to mind is the trig, which you only see a bit of in C2. C4 can be tricky, but again just practice for it, like C3 and your applied module, and you'll do just fine.

You probably won't have a choice if you study with your class, but you'll have the choice of S2/D1/M1. How easy it'll be partly depends on which way you lean.

which one is easier s1/d1/m1?
Original post by greycheck
which one is easier s1/d1/m1?

Content wise, D1 is easier. It's the exam that can be troublesome with some pretty high grade boundaries, as well as it being quite easy to lose marks. S1 inbetween, and M1 is the most difficult of the 3. (In my opinon). I would place S2 at around the same as S1. Content wise, they're noticeably different, otherwise it isn't a huge step up and should be easiest to self teach.
I've just done A level maths aqa in one year and got the same ums in core 1 and core 4. The maths is unequivocally more difficult but the grade boundaries are usually lower so it all comes out the same
Core 3 and Core 4 are certainly harder than C1 and C2 but if you found AS okay then you should be okay with A2. I actually scored my highest mark in C3 and my lowest mark was in C1 and M1 meaning I scored higher in A2 modules and had an easier time with them in the exam. So as long as you put the work in core 3 and core 4 will be manageable.

Quick Reply

Latest