The Student Room Group

CV & Cover letter

hey, im now applying for jobs around my uni, and im not sure what to include in my cv/cover letter - the jobs ive had before have been in local cafes/pubs and havent really had any formal application process (more you go in ask and they say yes)
im applying for retail jobs as my uni is 2 mins away from a large shopping centre, so what should i include? does anybody have any templates or suggestions?
Your CV lists your experience. You covering letter is a means to introduce yourself and point out parts of your CV which are relevant to the job you are applying for. In other words, the covering letter is a sales pitch for your CV.

Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by citydeer
hey, im now applying for jobs around my uni, and im not sure what to include in my cv/cover letter - the jobs ive had before have been in local cafes/pubs and havent really had any formal application process (more you go in ask and they say yes)
im applying for retail jobs as my uni is 2 mins away from a large shopping centre, so what should i include? does anybody have any templates or suggestions?

Google for a template. I wouldnt bother with a cover letter for a retail job.
Reply 3
Original post by Reue
Google for a template. I wouldnt bother with a cover letter for a retail job.

some of them dont bother but some ask to have a cover letter and i have no idea what one is
Reply 4
Original post by citydeer
some of them dont bother but some ask to have a cover letter and i have no idea what one is

http://www.prospects.ac.uk/cover_letters.htm

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending