The Student Room Group

my choices? too risky or not

I got really bad GCSES but i passed english and maths with grade C's
I just started year 12 and i'm doing
Accounts
Business
Sociology
Will these get me into law and will they be easy or hard??
Original post by viddiii
Accounts
Business
Sociology

Risks are good, no one gets anywhere big in life without taking risks.
I'm not sure if you can get into Law by doing that, google it.
Original post by viddiii
Accounts
Business
Sociology

I'd look at a list of 'facilitating subjects' and choose two that you would enjoy studying, then one from your list above.

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE=Princepieman;59216001]I'd look at a list of 'facilitating subjects' and choose two that you would enjoy studying, then one from your list above.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can see where you're coming from, however given OP's academic records, it seems unlikely he could cope with two facilitating subjects. Perhaps a more realistic scenario would be one facilitating subject with two from the list above. Yes it is true he will be somewhat a disadvantaged, but solid AS results will enable him to be in the picture. He is more likely to get AAB with those subjects and that is enough for good Unis that are on the edge of the Russell group. If he does particularly well there is no harm in having a Russell group as an aspirational choice should he have a strong pair of work experience placements in conjunction with extra curricular.
Original post by Magnus Taylor
I can see where you're coming from, however given OP's academic records, it seems unlikely he could cope with two facilitating subjects. Perhaps a more realistic scenario would be one facilitating subject with two from the list above. Yes it is true he will be somewhat a disadvantaged, but solid AS results will enable him to be in the picture. He is more likely to get AAB with those subjects and that is enough for good Unis that are on the edge of the Russell group. If he does particularly well there is no harm in having a Russell group as an aspirational choice should he have a strong pair of work experience placements in conjunction with extra curricular.

I completely agree, very well thought out response man.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending