The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rakas21
I agree that the intimacy (and to do it repeatedly implies some kind of friendship at a minimum) makes you like a girl a lot but i don't believe that you always cross the threshold into love.

It most certainly does. You feel a certain way with that person when you're intimate. It's just complete BS,I'm sorry.
Original post by queen-bee
It most certainly does. You feel a certain way with that person when you're intimate. It's just complete BS,I'm sorry.

It's never happened for me, i've either fallen pretty quickly or not. Perhaps you just fall in love more easily (my perception is that most women do).
Original post by Rakas21
It's never happened for me, i've either fallen pretty quickly or not. Perhaps you just fall in love more easily (my perception is that most women do).

No I do not. I just find it strange that you could be so intimate with someone and feel hardly anything for them,don't you? Surely you guys are just trying to play it cool but deep down there's always something there.
No I do not. I just find it strange that you could be so intimate with someone and feel hardly anything for them,don't you? Surely you guys are just trying to play it cool but deep down there's always something there.

Feeling hardly anything is not what i said. I strongly like some people, but don't love them. Love is another dimension that requires something special to develop and in many cases does not.
Original post by Rakas21
Feeling hardly anything is not what i said. I strongly like some people, but don't love them. Love is another dimension that requires something special to develop and in many cases does not.

You can't just feel strongly for somebody. Love is feeling strongly.
You can't just feel strongly for somebody. Love is feeling strongly.

When i'm in love with somebody i think about them almost all the time, i want to be around them, i'm happy just being around them, i think of knocking them up and i can't stand the thought of them being with anybody else. There's also a magnetism which draws me to them and i occasionally feel nerves.

I can sleep with a girl a lot and enjoy my time with them a lot and have terrific conversation but feel none of the above.

To use a metaphor, i can sleep with a hobnob and prefer her to other biscuits but she'll never be the Strawberry Cheesecake i yearn for.
Original post by Lemon Haze
Surprisingly I have never watched a yard film and I was actually born there...However, What I can tell you about is Ackee and Salfish, Cow foot and curry goat :wink:

You ****ing liar! you only have a cursory knowledge of Jamaica that you mostly google, you're NOT black! you're a white pussy boy tryna fake being black to besmirch us. You cover yourself by saying you've never seen a Yard film but what excuse do you give for not knowing Patwa?

NOW EVERYONE KNOWS YOUR FALSE!
Original post by zippity.doodah
where are you reading that info?

Below
Original post by Foo.mp3
I’ve always seen it as a very intimate act, not something I’m 100% comfortable with where the vast majority of women are concerned, and reserved only for those I have certain feelings for. I’m not going to argue about this, or debate the nature of my relations with my dates, it’s inappropriate and not your place to comment in the first place, sorry

Personally, I don't agree, but to each their own.
Original post by Foo.mp3
It’s bringing their masculinity into question,* from my POV, for sure, but rarely do I consider it appropriate/worthwhile to directly, seriously question the masculinity of particular individuals (unless invited to do/there is some [perceived] social good that may come of it)

Most of this post was just arguing semantics and completely ignoring the actual points I was making, so I'll just let my previous post speak for itself and not bother replying seriously to this one. I've chosen this bit to quote because I thought it was the funniest part.
Original post by Rakas21
When i'm in love with somebody i think about them almost all the time, i want to be around them, i'm happy just being around them, i think of knocking them up and i can't stand the thought of them being with anybody else. There's also a magnetism which draws me to them and i occasionally feel nerves.

I can sleep with a girl a lot and enjoy my time with them a lot and have terrific conversation but feel none of the above.

To use a metaphor, i can sleep with a hobnob and prefer her to other biscuits but she'll never be the Strawberry Cheesecake i yearn for.

Still doesn't compute. How can you like somebody so much that you have no feelings of love? Every moment you spend together is meant to bring you closer together
Still doesn't compute. How can you like somebody so much that you have no feelings of love? Every moment you spend together is meant to bring you closer together

That's never been my experience. You don't keep getting closer together, eventually you have a level of closeness which is as high as its going to get with that girl.
Original post by Rakas21
That's never been my experience. You don't keep getting closer together, eventually you have a level of closeness which is as high as its going to get with that girl.

No. I don't understand how you can feel close to something and like them so damn much and then go on to claim you have no feelings of love. See there's something fishy right there
No. I don't understand how you can feel close to something and like them so damn much and then go on to claim you have no feelings of love. See there's something fishy right there

As i posted previously. There's a whole set of other feelings that come with love but are not present in liking.
Original post by TylerClementi
You ****ing liar! you only have a cursory knowledge of Jamaica that you mostly google, you're NOT black! you're a white pussy boy tryna fake being black to besmirch us. You cover yourself by saying you've never seen a Yard film but what excuse do you give for not knowing Patwa?

NOW EVERYONE KNOWS YOUR FALSE!

I was born in Montego Bay, Jamaica 1997 and I am definitely not white, what other evidence do you need?! My family even owns a shop in the town, right down the road near Docter's Cave beach, I visit every year loool
Reply 254
Original post by Rakas21

That's odd. Almost sociopathic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rakas21
As i posted previously. There's a whole set of other feelings that come with love but are not present in liking.

Still can't make sense of it
Original post by RobML
That's odd. Almost sociopathic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You always fall in love with women you keep sleeping with?

I always assumed I was the norm and it was just a male/female difference.
Reply 257
Original post by Rakas21
You always fall in love with women you keep sleeping with?

I always assumed I was the norm.

Long-term friendship + sex leads to strong feelings in my experience
Original post by falloutboyyy
Funny cause one did to me x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same.
But I do believe it's less common for black men to. I've certainly had black guys that won't do that and these types tend not to be adventurous or free spirited when it comes to sex.
The few that do though OMFG. They are keepers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lemon Haze
I was born in Montego Bay, Jamaica 1997 and I am definitely not white, what other evidence do you need?! My family even owns a shop in the town, right down the road near Docter's Cave beach, I visit every year loool

Visit there every year! Pictures then pussyole. 2x you avoid the patwa test because you know you don't know any. Even the German whites in Seafort to the blacks to spanish to chinese Jamaicans speak Jamaican patwa its taught in the bloody schools for Christ sake so you have no excuse - stop lying everybody on TSR knows your fake.

How is your unsupported bull**** any evidence?

Latest

Trending

Trending