The Student Room Group

Jeremy Corbyn: Second Coming of Christ?

Scroll to see replies

You'd think so by how his supporters act!
Original post by Gears265
How does it feel worshipping a man who is friends with people who have murdered innocents, kicked people of buildings, raped innocent children and spread vile hate. Then again this is what religion is all about so maybe you all belong together.

Lol I'm an atheist. Also, I'm not a Labour supporter, I was clearly being sarcastic. I don't think he is "friends" with these people, he was trying to spread "peace", to put it simply. Whether that was a good way to spread it is a different matter.
Original post by drowzee
Lol I'm an atheist. Also, I'm not a Labour supporter, I was clearly being sarcastic. I don't think he is "friends" with these people, he was trying to spread "peace", to put it simply. Whether that was a good way to spread it is a different matter.

Trying to spread peace, yet almost every lunch he dines with Gerry Adams, a man associated with the ira, is this part of his peace talks going for 20+ years?
Original post by Lady Comstock
You'd think so by how his supporters act!

Nigel Farage is more of a God to me, for one reason only- he speaks more common sense than the establishment put together.
Tbh I cant imagine him ever becoming prime minister. I think he's a good person and all but he doesnt have enough charisma etc, I like that he speaks his mind and doesnt just go by some script but I dont think his style is gonna be popular with voters. I dont think he is prime minister material, Im pretty sure the Tories will win 2020.
Original post by driftawaay
Tbh I cant imagine him ever becoming prime minister. I think he's a good person and all but he doesnt have enough charisma etc, I like that he speaks his mind and doesnt just go by some script but I dont think his style is gonna be popular with voters. I dont think he is prime minister material, Im pretty sure the Tories will win 2020.

His genuine personality and lack of fake charisma is one of the reasons why he is popular (or he is very convincing at portraying himself to be kind and with peoples' best interests at heart). However, that being said, I think he also demonstrates a personality of strength and wisdom which Ed Miliband certainly didn't have.

I don't think it's possible to say whether he will or won't be popular with voters at this point in time as he hasn't been in that position yet, however, the fact that his policies are so rational (and 'moral' at the same time), and that he is coming in at a time when the majority of Brits are disillusioned with politics, makes me think that he will be very popular.

For example, re-nationalising the railways and energy companies is popular with the overwhelming majority of voters whether left or right.

Fringe parties like the Greens are seen as hippies who only care about the environment (which most people unfortunately don't care that much about). However, Labour is an established party who have been in power many times, so it might be very different to if he was coming from a weak party like the Greens or Lib Dems.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Guybrush Sheepgood
His genuine personality and lack of fake charisma is one of the reasons why he is popular.

I don't think it's possible to say whether he will or won't be popular with voters at this point in time as he hasn't been in that position yet, however, the fact that his policies are so rational (and 'moral' at the same time), and that he is coming in at a time when the majority of Brits are disillusioned with politics, and he is challenging the establishment, makes me think that he will be very popular.

For example, re-nationalising the railways and energy companies is popular with the overwhelming majority of voters whether left or right.

I wouldn't exactly call him popular just because he won the leadership contest, wasnt it like half a million voters? And he won 60% of that. I dont think the the small number who voted are representative of labour voters and potential labour voters in general, at all... It was also a very easy and obvious win because the other candidates, specifically Yvette Cooper and Liz Kendall were irrelevant and were obviously never going to happen. The right wing's demonizing of him also did him a favour because it gave him plenty of publicity while the other candidates were pretty much forgotten.
I wouldn't exactly call him popular just because he won the leadership contest, wasnt it like half a million voters? And he won 60% of that. I dont think the the small number who voted are representative of labour voters and potential labour voters in general, at all... It was also a very easy and obvious win because the other candidates, specifically Yvette Cooper and Liz Kendall were irrelevant and were obviously never going to happen. The right wing's demonizing of him also did him a favour because it gave him plenty of publicity while the other candidates were pretty much forgotten.

Why do you think people who voted in the Labour leadership contest aren't representative of Labour voters?
Jeremy Corbyn = JC = John Connor

Tories = Skynet
How does it feel worshipping a man who is friends with people who have murdered innocents, kicked people off buildings, raped innocent children and spread vile hate? Then again this is what religion is all about so maybe you all belong together.

Indeed, the First Coming of Christ was a friend of all sinners.
Trying to spread peace, yet almost every lunch he dines with Gerry Adams, a man associated with the ira, is this part of his peace talks going for 20+ years?

And Jesus Christ ate with prostitutes and stuff.

You do realise half a million is the biggest party membership ever and is a base way bigger than any other party has? The last I checked the Lib Dems hadn't even reached six figures.
I posted this is Chats, calling the Leader of the Opposition the Son of God simply because he shares the same initials. How can I make it even clearer that it's a joke thread that has little to do with 'UK Politics'?
Original post by stonehrd4eva
religion is politics my friend

[video="youtube;Ao8PgxDxtuw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao8PgxDxtuw[/video]
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending