The Student Room Group

I've been starred at by a sexist and misogynistic old man!

I work in retail and I spend hours refilling the shelves every day. I don't want anyone to come up to me unless they have a genuine question about the stuff we sell.

I was close to the end of my shift and this older man, maybe in his 60s, came towards me. He stopped just behind my aisle (the shelves are lower enough to see over). I looked up at him and he was staring at me.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I work in retail and I spend hours refilling the shelves every day. I don't want anyone to come up to me unless they have a genuine question about the stuff we sell.

I was close to the end of my shift and this older man, maybe in his 60s, came towards me. He stopped just behind my aisle (the shelves are lower enough to see over). I looked up at him and he was staring at me.

P.S

I felt extremely uncomfortable and harassed. He has no right to look at me. Why are men so disgusting when it comes to this? Why can't they understand how sexist and misogynistic it is?
He probably hasn't had sex in a decade, show some compassion!
Looking at you isn't the same as harassing you. If it happened just as you said it did there, you are not being harassed. Nor can you guess he's sexist or misogynistic just for looking at you.
Reply 4
Original post by Sir Candour
He probably hasn't had sex in a decade, show some compassion!

That's revolting! I'm 19 years old for Christ Sakes and have enough on my plate! It's not my fault he can't treat women with enough respect to get sexual pleasure.
I'd feel so darn uncomfortable. Mention this to your store manager if you're feeling uneasy.
Reply 6
Original post by EllainKahlo
Looking at you isn't the same as harassing you. If it happened just as you said it did there, you are not being harassed. Nor can you guess he's sexist or misogynistic just for looking at you.

He was STARRING at me. Starring is prolonged looking. He was following me with his eyes! That's harassment and frankly very creepy.
Reply 7
Original post by thecatwithnohat
I'd feel so darn uncomfortable. Mention this to your store manager if you're feeling uneasy.

Ikr! I was wearing this kind of see through vest too... He might have been staring at my chest or something. What a perv.
He was STARRING at me. Starring is prolonged looking. He was following me with his eyes! That's harassment and frankly very creepy.

It very well may have made you feel uncomfortable, and you have every right to not want to be around him. But staring is not harassment. Tell your manager or whoever if it's that big of a deal. Have you considered that he might have been anxious to ask you something or he was losing his sight?
That's revolting! I'm 19 years old for Christ Sakes and have enough on my plate! It's not my fault he can't treat women with enough respect to get sexual pleasure.

Mmm, he wanted you on his plate. Wanted to eat you right up!

Note: Im mocking you because it isn't a big deal. Humans are sexually attracted to each other, they do tend to look.
4/10.
You should have told him to check his white male privilege and that he was triggering you and he's the reason you need feminism. God forbid someone LOOKED at you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ikr! I was wearing this kind of see through vest too... He might have been staring at my chest or something. What a perv.

Ffs I thought this thread was genuine :colonhash:
This is an obvious troll - you made it painfully clear by adding 'nisogynistic' in the title clearly hoping for a fight - and also you spelt 'stared' wrong in the title. All in all, a massive fail.

I don't get why you've come on here pretending to be a girl when really you're a man who wants to moan about women? Obviously she wouldn't wear a see-through vest to work.

Why don't you just grow the **** up and just come out and state your opinions, which is clearly that if a girl wears certain things she deserves to be stared at by old men? Why this pathetic fake thread?
Reply 15
:troll:

I realise that as a 19 year old you think the whole world revolves around you but does it at all enter your self absorbed brain, that maybe he wasnt staring at you?

Maybe he has dementia and was having a black out moment?

Maybe he was thinking about what he had to get and was just looking in your direction?

Maybe he was staring at you because you reminded him of someone?

Or maybe he was staring at you and should just get over yourself.
Original post by AvaAdore
I don't get why you've come on here pretending to be a girl when really you're a man who wants to moan about women? Obviously she wouldn't wear a see-through vest to work.

Why don't you just grow the **** up and just come out and state your opinions, which is clearly that if a girl wears certain things she deserves to be stared at by old men? Why this pathetic fake thread?

What if I told you she works in H and M.

Idiot.
OP come on don't be harsh. Let him explore your loins he might not have sex again before he dies. I think you're being selfish.
What if I told you she works in H and M.

Idiot.

Funny you should say that because I worked for h&m for two years and you have a dress code that 100% does not allow see through vests.

Now who's the idiot you sad troll. Like how you also said 'she' - isn't this story supposed to be about you? FAIL

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending