The Student Room Group

Should I retake my GCSE?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BULL14
BUMP!

You have your answer. Don't retake. It directs focus from the subjects you still need A*s in and many would ignore the retake anyway.
Reply 21
Original post by ForestCat
You have your answer. Don't retake. It directs focus from the subjects you still need A*s in and many would ignore the retake anyway.

SO will my retake not count? because I aspired to get 10A*s at GCSE; but Urdu was one of the GCSEs that I aspired to get my A* in.
Original post by BULL14
SO will my retake not count? because I aspired to get 10A*s at GCSE; but Urdu was one of the GCSEs that I aspired to get my A* in.

Oxford do not specify about retakes, but say they look closely at grades in context. To me that suggests that would probably look at your first attempt. Focus on getting A*s in the rest, retaking would likely just reduce your chances of getting A*s in the other.
Original post by BULL14

Out of interest, why is it that you want to apply to Oxford so much? The course structure, the prestige?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending