The Student Room Group

Low UKCAT score from Meds

I am currently a psychiatric patient and thus take a lot of medications. As a result I find it difficult to concentrate and work mentally. Are there any med schools which would be more lenient with a low score, or any med schools to avoid?
Have a look on a comparison site like unistats and check the application section of each medical school you're considering to see their policies on ukcat. Many universities don't require it, however it becomes more widely used every year, as does the bmat. Out of the 4 places I applied to last year, Bristol and Sheffield didn't require ukcat, Southampton wanted 2500 and Birmingham wanted 2800 or something. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I take meds which make me think more slowly and as a result I have a low UKCAT score. Is there any way to let the universities know about this so I can show my score was a result of extenuating circumstances?
Reply 3
Does Sheffield still not require the UKCAT? I thought it played a big part in their selection process.
Reply 4
Original post by morgan006
Have a look on a comparison site like unistats and check the application section of each medical school you're considering to see their policies on ukcat. Many universities don't require it, however it becomes more widely used every year, as does the bmat. Out of the 4 places I applied to last year, Bristol and Sheffield didn't require ukcat, Southampton wanted 2500 and Birmingham wanted 2800 or something. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sheffield do require the ukcat and have a set cut off for it.
You probably shouldve taken the ukcatsen but the best you can do now is email unis and see what they say
Low UKCAT scores don't matter that much! Don't worry! I only got 3200 and still got into Plymouth!
Reply 7
Original post by n1ggasinparis
Low UKCAT scores don't matter that much! Don't worry! I only got 3200 and still got into Plymouth!

>only 3200
that's like 800 on each section, you're delirious if you think those are low

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending