The Student Room Group

What's going on?

Hi

It's a long story but basically I used to go to school with this guy who I knew theoughout the 5 years, all of his friends are girls, he is definitely not gay but just gels with girls better. I didnt used to know him that well but he would still talk to me and just come up and hug me randomly? After a while I started to get feelings for him, but I never acted on them because we were from different friendship circles and I figured he didnt feel the same as he is like that with everyone, so eventually they died down.

But now we are back at college together, and seen as though there were major issues with my friendship group which now means we dont ever speak to each other, I decided to treat college as a fresh start so started hanging around with a new bunch of girls from my old school. However, this boy hangs with them too, and has done for ages. It means Im seeing him around a lot more and I have a lesson with him every day, and on Mondays, we have an hour long bus journey together just the two of us! He says it can be 'our thing' and we can go for lunch somewhere and hes asked for my number! I have definitely got the feelings back now, but much more! I keep getting butterflies when I see or think about him? He always teases and flirts but he is like that with everyone. I can't tell if he actually likes me back or doesnt even think about how he is with me. It's got to a point where I don't even care if anything happens, I am happy enough feeling how I do!
But has anyone got any advice or imput about this? What does the situation sound like to you? Xx
gurl! you're in deep
Original post by javvyjingle
Hi

It's a long story but basically I used to go to school with this guy who I knew theoughout the 5 years, all of his friends are girls, he is definitely not gay but just gels with girls better. I didnt used to know him that well but he would still talk to me and just come up and hug me randomly? After a while I started to get feelings for him, but I never acted on them because we were from different friendship circles and I figured he didnt feel the same as he is like that with everyone, so eventually they died down.

But now we are back at college together, and seen as though there were major issues with my friendship group which now means we dont ever speak to each other, I decided to treat college as a fresh start so started hanging around with a new bunch of girls from my old school. However, this boy hangs with them too, and has done for ages. It means Im seeing him around a lot more and I have a lesson with him every day, and on Mondays, we have an hour long bus journey together just the two of us! He says it can be 'our thing' and we can go for lunch somewhere and hes asked for my number! I have definitely got the feelings back now, but much more! I keep getting butterflies when I see or think about him? He always teases and flirts but he is like that with everyone. I can't tell if he actually likes me back or doesnt even think about how he is with me. It's got to a point where I don't even care if anything happens, I am happy enough feeling how I do!
But has anyone got any advice or imput about this? What does the situation sound like to you? Xx

He playing you like a damn fiddle.

Already a big mistake since all his friends are female. Which guy does that ?
How do you mean? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by stressedfordays
gurl! you're in deep

How do you mean? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
if i was you, I'd be be falling harder but then again its hard to make a move when he doesn't actually do anything 'physical'. because for all he thinks you could just be good friends and confessing would ruin the whole thing ''in my opinion'' and i hate awkward situations. I would advise you to wait for more signs and maybe ask him indirectly about relationships and his 'kind' of girl
if i was you, I'd be be falling harder but then again its hard to make a move when he doesn't actually do anything 'physical'. because for all he thinks you could just be good friends and confessing would ruin the whole thing ''in my opinion'' and i hate awkward situations. I would advise you to wait for more signs and maybe ask him indirectly about relationships and his 'kind' of girl

Hey, I know what you mean! It is so annoying! If I knew I was wasting my time I could get over it but I dont know that for sure, though doubt he actually feels the same lol. He has done things, like when we were queing for the bus (there were loads of us) he winked at me, he sometimes calls me 'Jasmine' even though thats not my name and then says 'I call you that because you look exactly like Princess Jasmine! Is this even flirting, I dont know anymore. And he always says hi and asks how I am before I do. Any ideas? Haha, what a situation!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, I know what you mean! It is so annoying! If I knew I was wasting my time I could get over it but I dont know that for sure, though doubt he actually feels the same lol. He has done things, like when we were queing for the bus (there were loads of us) he winked at me, he sometimes calls me 'Jasmine' even though thats not my name and then says 'I call you that because you look exactly like Princess Jasmine! Is this even flirting, I dont know anymore. And he always says hi and asks how I am before I do. Any ideas? Haha, what a situation!

Posted from TSR Mobile

exactly, if only there were magical ways to halt our feelings... i swear if he doent ask you out , he deserves a beating, same thing happened to me and it ended up as a long distance relationship but who cares, i enjoyed the moment when i could. this guy totally sounds like a player and winking IS FLIRTING so there are high chances he's into you:u:

Spoiler

exactly, if only there were magical ways to halt our feelings... i swear if he doent ask you out , he deserves a beating, same thing happened to me and it ended up as a long distance relationship but who cares, i enjoyed the moment when i could. this guy totally sounds like a player and winking IS FLIRTING so there are high chances he's into you:u:

Spoiler

Hey

OMG - BAD NEWS! I heard MysteryGuy's friends asking him about this girl he likes today, and so I listened in and apparently she is a year older than us? And she is "absolutely beautiful and they get on just fine" . Noooo! Then his friend said they'd try and get them together?! My worst nightmare!

I was sat with MysteryGuy on the bus and he didn't really speak to me that much so I was worried why, but then we were chatting in general. But in one of our classes there is this group of girls he sits with and he is like a different person, loud and swearing, I feel like I cant speak to him when he's like that, but then he got up and moved to sit next to me because apparently he is getting a reputation in the class and he doesnt want it so he has moved to get some work done. Then he was asking me do I like anyone at the minute so I said no and he said it's ok if you do, it's natural? And then he started going on about how hormones make us live our lives like they make us get married, have kids etc, and then the conversation fizzled out!?
I really dont know how to feel or what to think, Ive never been in this position before? I really love being in his company, so much so that if I am talking to someone I like, I am still thinking, I would rather be with him. My heart beats so fast when I know I will see him. I really don't know what to do!

Even if he does like this girl, I don't think it would stop me lol! Any ideas, please help!!! Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

ANOTHER UPDATE GUYS...
remember how I said that he said I look like Princess Jasmine? Well we were watching disney clips in class today and he addressed everyone in the group except me and goes "Jasmine's definitely the sexiest disney princess" ???!!! And over the weekend I started using a new eye makeup which I liked and he noticed today and said "you look really different today, are you wearing eyeliner or something? You look really nice". Seriously?? I actually need some help with this... anyone!?! What are the signs, signals, what does he mean? What do I do? Sorry if I sound naive but this is a very new experience! Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
ANOTHER UPDATE GUYS...
remember how I said that he said I look like Princess Jasmine? Well we were watching disney clips in class today and he addressed everyone in the group except me and goes "Jasmine's definitely the sexiest disney princess" ???!!! And over the weekend I started using a new eye makeup which I liked and he noticed today and said "you look really different today, are you wearing eyeliner or something? You look really nice". Seriously?? I actually need some help with this... anyone!?! What are the signs, signals, what does he mean? What do I do? Sorry if I sound naive but this is a very new experience! Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

wow hAHAHits heating up now lol, i think he likes you, like for real any guy who notices such stuff definitely has a thing with you and now you both need face that you like each and go out lol
Hey

OMG - BAD NEWS! I heard MysteryGuy's friends asking him about this girl he likes today, and so I listened in and apparently she is a year older than us? And she is "absolutely beautiful and they get on just fine" . Noooo! Then his friend said they'd try and get them together?! My worst nightmare!

I was sat with MysteryGuy on the bus and he didn't really speak to me that much so I was worried why, but then we were chatting in general. But in one of our classes there is this group of girls he sits with and he is like a different person, loud and swearing, I feel like I cant speak to him when he's like that, but then he got up and moved to sit next to me because apparently he is getting a reputation in the class and he doesnt want it so he has moved to get some work done. Then he was asking me do I like anyone at the minute so I said no and he said it's ok if you do, it's natural? And then he started going on about how hormones make us live our lives like they make us get married, have kids etc, and then the conversation fizzled out!?
I really dont know how to feel or what to think, Ive never been in this position before? I really love being in his company, so much so that if I am talking to someone I like, I am still thinking, I would rather be with him. My heart beats so fast when I know I will see him. I really don't know what to do!

Even if he does like this girl, I don't think it would stop me lol! Any ideas, please help!!! Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

HE LIKES SOMEONE ELSE????
WTH is wrong with him lol, that just ruins all hope im having for both of you lol
HE LIKES SOMEONE ELSE????
WTH is wrong with him lol, that just ruins all hope im having for both of you lol

It's so excited even being in this situation lol, never mind the consequences. Yes but the thing Is, he has never mentioned anyone he likes to me, its just to people when he knows I can hear, so maybe its to stop me guessing him out? Pff I have no idea! Also he sometimes runs his fingers through my hair or puts his arms around me, he is definitely that way inclined but I have never actually noticed him do anything like that to anyone else? Another thing, sometimes when he knows we will be alone together, e.g. the bus, he won't turn up? Like he does tell me beforehand that he may stay behind or whatever, but surely if he liked me then he would want to make the effort? If he is sat with someone else he wont speak to me?

I'm so so confused!

Thanks so much for replying btw. Are you still with your guy, the long distance one? Xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending