The Student Room Group

What unis offer Journalism abroad?

Hi, does anybody know what Universities offer an Erasmus year abroad for a Journalism course? I'm looking for London-based Universities ideally, the only one I have been able to find with a partnership abroad that teaches journalism is Kingston :smile:
All students can take an Erasmus year abroad; you don't have to be on a degree which specifically includes a year abroad. Some universities have an Erasmus page on their website where they tell you where you can study abroad, but many don't so you will have to contact each uni individually and ask for a list of partner universities where a Journalism student could study abroad.

Here are all the universities in London which do Journalism:

Birkbeck, University of London
Goldsmiths, University of London
City University London
University of Westminster
Kingston University
Brunel University London
University of East London
London Metropolitan University
Middlesex University
University of Roehampton
London South Bank University
University of West London
Reply 2
Thanks :smile: But whenever I look to see they don't have any partnerships that offer journalism :frown: Except Kingston and Brunel.
Original post by Welkom
Thanks :smile: But whenever I look to see they don't have any partnerships that offer journalism :frown: Except Kingston and Brunel.

But like I said, the majority of unis either don't have the information on their websites or it is out-of-date. I strongly advise you email them and ask before you do anything else.
Reply 4
****, I did not see that bit. I'll do that, thanks!
Original post by Welkom
Hi, does anybody know what Universities offer an Erasmus year abroad for a Journalism course? I'm looking for London-based Universities ideally, the only one I have been able to find with a partnership abroad that teaches journalism is Kingston :smile:

Hi Welkom,

Our Media and Communications (Journalism) degree at Birmingham City University offers the chance to study part of your degree abroad with our Erasmus scheme. Although we're not in London, we're only a short train journey from the capital if that's important to you. I've not long graduated and loved the city and uni campus here and found it full of opportunity!

If you have any more questions, ask away!

All the best,

Lydia (BCU)
Original post by Welkom

Hi there,
We offer exchange opportunities with the University of Missouri Columbia, possibly one of the best journalismschools in the USA, with enormous opportunity for work experience in televisionas well as journalism. Students can also apply to go to Ryerson in Toronto,UTS in Sydney and RMIT Melbourne. Westminster also have an exchange agreement withCommunications University of China, which would be taught in English and also HongKong Baptist.
TheSchool of Media, Art and Design also has arrangements with Macromedia - a private university in Germany - which would allow students in our digital media courses to study in Berlin.The student exchanges would normally be in the second semester of the second year. Further details can be found on our student exchanges page.Hope this helpsPatrick :smile:
City university London is highly credited for its journalism, and you can do a year abroad in year 3 x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Birmingham City University
Hi Welkom,

Our Media and Communications (Journalism) degree at Birmingham City University offers the chance to study part of your degree abroad with our Erasmus scheme. Although we're not in London, we're only a short train journey from the capital if that's important to you. I've not long graduated and loved the city and uni campus here and found it full of opportunity!

If you have any more questions, ask away!

All the best,

Lydia (BCU)

Thanks Lydia. I used to live in London when I was younger and ideally want to go there for university if possible, but I will take a look at Birmingham just in case!
Reply 9
Original post by Leah Stanfield
City university London is highly credited for its journalism, and you can do a year abroad in year 3 x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Reply 10
Original post by University of Westminster
Hi there,
We offer exchange opportunities with the University of Missouri Columbia, possibly one of the best journalismschools in the USA, with enormous opportunity for work experience in televisionas well as journalism. Students can also apply to go to Ryerson in Toronto,UTS in Sydney and RMIT Melbourne. Westminster also have an exchange agreement withCommunications University of China, which would be taught in English and also HongKong Baptist.
TheSchool of Media, Art and Design also has arrangements with Macromedia - a private university in Germany - which would allow students in our digital media courses to study in Berlin.The student exchanges would normally be in the second semester of the second year. Further details can be found on our student exchanges page.Hope this helpsPatrick :smile:

Hi Patrick. I was hoping to do a full year rather than a semester, but I'm open still. Is the funding for US Universities similar to European ones? Ie. reduced tuition fees, a small grant and still able to take out a maintenance loan? Thanks :smile:
Original post by Welkom
Hi Patrick. I was hoping to do a full year rather than a semester, but I'm open still. Is the funding for US Universities similar to European ones? Ie. reduced tuition fees, a small grant and still able to take out a maintenance loan? Thanks :smile:

Generally if you study abroad for only a semester you have to pay the £9,000 tuition fee as usual, but if you spend the full year abroad then you only pay 15% of the fee (roughly £1350). If you do Erasmus then you receive a non-repayable grant to help with living costs, but if you study outside of Europe you only get your maintenance loan.
Reply 12
Original post by Snufkin
Generally if you study abroad for only a semester you have to pay the £9,000 tuition fee as usual, but if you spend the full year abroad then you only pay 15% of the fee (roughly £1350). If you do Erasmus then you receive a non-repayable grant to help with living costs, but if you study outside of Europe you only get your maintenance loan.

Excellent, thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending