The Student Room Group

Running out of money

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Next week, treat yourself to a £3 5kg sack of potatoes. Then you have a months worth of chips, jacket potatoes, mash and cottage pie topping to hand.
Thank god for asian parents.
Another thing I found really useful:
I used to draw out a certain amount of money each week and that was all I had to spend for the week. I used to put all the change into a jar, which at the end of the year was usually a fair amount.
Original post by Frostyjoe
Well I find it hard to cope with £30 a week. I live in a studio flat so I have to buy all the shopping.

I know people are saying to me about money management but you've got to understand that I've got charged for things that I did not expect to get.

We were told to buy stuff for our course, but one guy read the student handbook and it said that "any essential items are covered for by tuition fee costs". So I think soon we won't have to pay for anything, even the course tutors were saying we needed to buy our own stuff.

Might you want to refer to your course handbook here and see if that mentions anything?
(edited 8 years ago)
Yeah I'm not going there again! I keep going there because I can't be bothered going to the Tesco down the road.

Problem number 1.

I live in a studio flat.I know people are saying to me about money management but you've got to understand that I've got charged for things that I did not expect to get.
Problem number 2.

Not only did you pick a really, really expensive form of accommodation (studio flats are usually aimed at postgrads), but you can't be bothered to walk down the road to a cheap shop? You can easily get by on £30 a week in Tescos. Everyone I know is happy to walk 20-30 minutes to find a cheap shop.

And yes, university shops are always overpriced. They prey on students who are too lazy to go anywhere else.
Reply 45
Original post by JoshDawg
We were told to buy stuff for our course, but one guy read the student handbook and it said that "any essential items are covered for by tuition fee costs". So I think soon we won't have to pay for anything, even the course tutors were saying we needed to buy our own stuff.

Might you want to refer to your course handbook here and see if that mentions anything?

They charged me for books that I thought were free.
They charged me for books that I thought were free.

Did you check your course handbook to see if it mentioned anything about essential items being covered for by your tuition fee?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending