The Student Room Group

How to get SF payment back as course length has changed

At the start of Uni I was asked to pay £9000+ to the university as, because I had SF loans for college, they said that I wouldn't have my placement year covered due to running out of years being covered or something like that. However because I will be going straight into final year, logically that means I now have enough years covered by SF and thus can get the £9000 back (as I had heard a friend of mine had a friend who had the same issue and managed to get their money back). But after calling them today they said I wouldn't be able to do this and honestly they didn't really explain it well.

Any help explaining this or guidance on what I can do to get the money back would be greatly appreciated!
Original post by Shaunnnn
At the start of Uni I was asked to pay £9000+ to the university as, because I had SF loans for college, they said that I wouldn't have my placement year covered due to running out of years being covered or something like that. However because I will be going straight into final year, logically that means I now have enough years covered by SF and thus can get the £9000 back (as I had heard a friend of mine had a friend who had the same issue and managed to get their money back). But after calling them today they said I wouldn't be able to do this and honestly they didn't really explain it well.

Any help explaining this or guidance on what I can do to get the money back would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Shaun,

You would need to discuss this further with the university.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending