The Student Room Group

Girlfriend says "she's just trying her best"

Scroll to see replies

Go no contact and get with other girls.

100% serious.
Bro it's over move on :burnout:she doesn't like you. Start meeting new women.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by thegohst
Bro it's over move on :burnout:she doesn't like. Start meeting new women.

The amount of pussy-ass advice on this thread, OP clearly loves this woman but she treats her relationship like a business partnership and that's cold-hearted.

[video="youtube;M37HHf099oM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M37HHf099oM[/video]

EDIT: Piece of **** video won't embed
Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal
The amount of pussy-ass advice on this thread, OP clearly loves this woman but she treats her relationship like a business partnership and that's cold-hearted.

[video="youtube;M37HHf099oM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M37HHf099oM[/video]

EDIT: Piece of **** video won't embed

I agree, OP you need to listen to the track and cut her off.
Original post by fideo94
So.. I've been with my girlfriend since june 7.. And still , she has never told me "I love you" .
She sometimes barely calls till I ask her too, she has never sent me a sweet love text message too..
she barely comes over to see me.

I'm the one always making the moves, its so painful..cuz I really love her so much and can't let go, whenever we have arguments..she never comes back to sort it out, instead she just waits n waits for me to fix things.

She says she's just trying her "best" in the relationship, and I'm not appreciative of her eFforts that she's not the kinda person that loves... Its just so sad..cuz she's not putting in real *efforts* ..

I asked to leave the relationship if she wants to.. But all I got as a reply is "I don't know" ..

So..guys, what can I do?? I've nt contacted her for 2days now..and I miss her already so much.. This is really a hard situation , why should she be in a relationship where she's only "trying her best" ...I'm not some option.. Neither am I to pass time with..

What can I do guys?

Hi its me i cant believe you would post this all over the internet, you have my number
you sound like you're taking it too far and she's not going far enough. Can you have a discussion (not an argument) about practical things and ask her if she can do some things for you e.g. text you first occasionally, suggest going out sometimes. Then give her the opportunity to say whether you're doing anything she doesn't like that you can back off.

You can't force her to say she loves you or be super romantic, you'll only push her away. People are just different and she may love you but just doesn't feel the need to be in touch all the time.
Reply 26
I've lots of women around me...
Too much infact...you'd think I fcuk around..
But despite the numerous ladies .. I don't give them attention.. Like the way I do with my girl..
Its just so sad..

Cutting her off is also an option... But boy! I don't think I have that kinda heart to leave my girl..
I still haven't contacted her.. Maybe I should delete her off my whatsapp then?

Please-note: we haven't broken up yet, she just gave me an "I don't know" answer when I asked if she wants to stay or not..

I'm focusing on my hustle and school.. We are both in uni btw..
I'd just do my thang I guess..

Call me whateever you may like, but being in a relationship with someone I deeply love and doesn't know if she loves me back??
Come on! A real man knows what he wants, I know I want her.. If she wants me .. She'd act it too.. I'm not some love-slave.
Neither have I ever been clingy with her or too needy TBH..

If you read all I wrote it sure is not clingyness.. We are in the same uni.. And we see once/twice in a week.. Some of you OP's can't stand seeing your lover 5/7 days at least..

This my lover here even never asks to see me is the worst case.
Original post by fideo94
I've lots of women around me...
Too much infact...you'd think I fcuk around..
But despite the numerous ladies .. I don't give them attention.. Like the way I do with my girl..
Its just so sad..

Cutting her off is also an option... But boy! I don't think I have that kinda heart to leave my girl..
I still haven't contacted her.. Maybe I should delete her off my whatsapp then?

Please-note: we haven't broken up yet, she just gave me an "I don't know" answer when I asked if she wants to stay or not..

I'm focusing on my hustle and school.. We are both in uni btw..
I'd just do my thang I guess..

Call me whateever you may like, but being in a relationship with someone I deeply love and doesn't know if she loves me back??
Come on! A real man knows what he wants, I know I want her.. If she wants me .. She'd act it too.. I'm not some love-slave.
Neither have I ever been clingy with her or too needy TBH..

If you read all I wrote it sure is not clingyness.. We are in the same uni.. And we see once/twice in a week.. Some of you OP's can't stand seeing your lover 5/7 days at least..

This my lover here even never asks to see me is the worst case.

This sounds exactly like my situation.

When we started getting together I had loads of girls as casual friends, cut them off to focus on my girl and the long term, studies etc. Wasn't clingy at all, she was really passionate, but went cold really suddenly.

I sympathise.
Reply 28
Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal
This sounds exactly like my situation.

When we started getting together I had loads of girls as casual friends, cut them off to focus on my girl and the long term, studies etc. Wasn't clingy at all, she was really passionate, but went cold really suddenly.

I sympathise.

Thanks mate..
Girls have always liked me tbh..before I met my girl even.. I still have girls that like me right now.
But I just can't think of dealing with none other.

My situation is different from yours tbh.. A relationship where your partner calls unless she sees your missed calls or when you tease her to call is not a relationship, where she never has told you "I love you" . That's not a relationship..but why she's in it? I don't know, she's just trying her best! Imagine that

I can't say nomore.
Don't torture yourself, I think you're in different places and therefore incompatible. I'd cut my losses and move on, find someone who's on the same wavelength as myself. There's no point hanging on in there and making yourself miserable until it inevitably crumbles anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending