The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SimranJohal313

Did you use any revision guides to revise for your LNAT?

nope, I just did the practice tests found on th website, and also did LSAT tests (a similar American exam) to practice more multiple choice questions.
Good luck :smile:
Original post by applying2skool
nope, I just did the practice tests found on th website, and also did LSAT tests (a similar American exam) to practice more multiple choice questions.

Thank you :smile:
Original post by applying2skool

Hi there,

I will be doing the lnat and was wondering how was the difficulty like? E.g: is it notoriously difficult.

I am a gap year student with achieved grades of A*AA. KCL and UCL are the LNAT unis im applying too
Original post by abdulmilad
Hi there,

I will be doing the lnat and was wondering how was the difficulty like? E.g: is it notoriously difficult.

I am a gap year student with achieved grades of A*AA. KCL and UCL are the LNAT unis im applying too

Hey there!
I think it really depends on the person, since it's not a knowledge test, but rather a test of skills. It seems like you're not against working hard (congratulations on those grades), so if you work for it and do the few practice tests I reckon you should be fine.
I can't really say if it's notoriously difficult, I really just know about my own experience. I do know that it's out of 42, and the average last year was 22.3. Personally, I had grades very similar to yours and a 25 in the LNAT and I got offers from both KCL and UCL. Really, if you get more than the average that's already good. Apparently grades in the 40s are almost unheard of, and a grade of 30 is considered extremely good.
So just try your best, and try to prepare as best you can. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, reading the legal section of newspapers, like the Guardian for example, can be useful.
Hope this helps!
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi there,

It is not notoriously difficult - it varies greatly on the individual, but I really doubt anyone would consider it notoriously difficult.

That said, you will need higher than average scores for those two universities, both of which are known for being strict with the LNAT score.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi there,

Tbh, I'm pretty thick and got grades a fair bit worse than yours (AAB) and managed a score of 30. Doesn't sound great but the average is something like 22 so 30s considered pretty sound, I did no prep for it either so I wouldn't say it's notoriously difficult by any means. If you pace yourself well and read the questions properly and use some common sense you'll be fine.

You have great a level grades which takes the pressure off a bit.
Original post by SimranJohal313
How long did you spend revising for your LNAT?

Lol you don't revise for it.

It tests your raw intelligence. I did no prep at all and got 30. I know people who 'revised' a lot for at and didn't even manage the average.
I had my LNAT today and I think it was alright tbh, definitely not worth getting in a tiz about
Hey guys I have applied to durham. I haven't given college preference as of yet they said I still could. Should I give preference for university college? Will my chances of getting in be reduced?

My A s level are 4 As 2Bs and 1 C
I am carrying forward 4 a level subjects. Maths economics geography and English language.

I have 3A*s 5As and 3Bs in my GCSEs.
What are my prospects of getting in?
Original post by Bknite87
Hey guys I have applied to durham. I haven't given college preference as of yet they said I still could. Should I give preference for university college? Will my chances of getting in be reduced?

My A s level are 4 As 2Bs and 1 C
I am carrying forward 4 a level subjects. Maths economics geography and English language.

I have 3A*s 5As and 3Bs in my GCSEs.
What are my prospects of getting in?

Your college preference has no effect on your chances of getting in. If you apply to University, the chances are that if they give you an offer you'll just end up in another college. At least you'll still be at Durham studying at the same law school as everyone else.

You have pretty good prospects of getting in. What are your predicted grades?
Hi guys to anybody that has already taken the LNAT in terms of the essay do they give paper or something to plan it on?
Reply 831
Original post by Cinnamon_Fairy
Hi guys to anybody that has already taken the LNAT in terms of the essay do they give paper or something to plan it on?

whiteboard and pen
Thank you! How was your LNAT ? Hope it went well
Reply 833
Thank you! How was your LNAT ? Hope it went well

Yeah, it was ok actually, it was my 2nd one.
Original post by Lh22
Yeah, it was ok actually, it was my 2nd one.

Oh cool! So were they generally pretty similar to the practice exams online?
Reply 835
Oh cool! So were they generally pretty similar to the practice exams online?

Yeah, pretty much. My score was 32 last year and I just did the practice tests online.

They gave me a little whiteboard to write stuff on, chances are you'll get the same thing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by connieiscrazy
They gave me a little whiteboard to write stuff on, chances are you'll get the same thing

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep it appears that this is common practice in Pearson Vue centers
Thanks guys
So....When do they usually release the results?

Latest

Trending

Trending