The Student Room Group

How to break up?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by annarchy.
I don't think it's fair judging her on her past behaviour. You have no proof that she will do the same again. Just give it a shot because after all you're in a relationship with a person and not their past.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Urgh. People who say the past doesnt matter irritate me.

The past matters. It shows what type of person she is. It's completely fair judging someone on their actions.

And 5 days before she told me she liked me she was sending pics. I hardly call that a past.
Original post by Anonymous
Urgh. People who say the past doesnt matter irritate me.

The past matters. It shows what type of person she is. It's completely fair judging someone on their actions.

And 5 days before she told me she liked me she was sending pics. I hardly call that a past.

She was single and wasn't in a committed relationship, she can do whatever she wants fgs.
I do agree that sending pics to her friend was iffy though so try and find out why before you make a decision.

But if you're getting so picky over other irrelevant things then I think she's got a lucky escape tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
She was single and wasn't in a committed relationship, she can do whatever she wants fgs.
I do agree that sending pics to her friend was iffy though so try and find out why before you make a decision.

But if you're getting so picky over other irrelevant things then I think she's got a lucky escape tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lucky her then.

How can I break up?
Reply 23
How is sending pics not a big deal...?

You're basically showing someone your naked self. If it wasnt a big deal we'd walk around naked.

Lol
Its a bigdeal..
But if that was done before you started dating, then its best to let it go
Original post by fideo94
Lol
Its a bigdeal..
But if that was done before you started dating, then its best to let it go

I did. I knew she'd sent pics, and it did bother me. But I dealt with it and stayed.

Its more the situation and how young she was.

AND Im friends with the guys who she sent pics to!!! x(
I think you should break up with her. She deserves to be treated with some respect. She is allowed to sleep with, kiss, send pictures to, do whatever with whoever she wants to. If she's not doing it while she's with you then you have no right to be angry about it. The only possible issue is cheating and to be honest a lot of young girls cheat because they don't know how to be in a relationship and aren't serious about their partners, it's not necessarily a reflection on what she'll do to you.

I'd meet up with her and say something along the lines of 'I'm incapable of dealing with the fact my girlfriend had a sex life before me and therefore this isn't going to work, it's not you, it really is me'
She deserves someone better than you
Enuf detayls

Tell me how to break up and get her out of my heart and head.

Take her for a nice coffee and explain to her that you're a shallow and judgmental little boy who's not willing to be an adult about her past so you're going to have to break it off because she deserves better.
Original post by doodle_333
I think you should break up with her. She deserves to be treated with some respect. She is allowed to sleep with, kiss, send pictures to, do whatever with whoever she wants to. If she's not doing it while she's with you then you have no right to be angry about it. The only possible issue is cheating and to be honest a lot of young girls cheat because they don't know how to be in a relationship and aren't serious about their partners, it's not necessarily a reflection on what she'll do to you.

I'd meet up with her and say something along the lines of 'I'm incapable of dealing with the fact my girlfriend had a sex life before me and therefore this isn't going to work, it's not you, it really is me'

That's not the point. Of course she can do what she likes. But I do have a right to an opinion. And I'm of the opinion that what she's done is wrong, immoral, slutty, etc...

I don't feel I can be with a girl who is like that. So I want to break up with her. That's not bad.

Original post by georgiaswift
She deserves someone better than you

Wow okay...

How does this make make me a bad person exactly?
Original post by xOHarriet
Take her for a nice coffee and explain to her that you're a shallow and judgmental little boy who's not willing to be an adult about her past so you're going to have to break it off because she deserves better.

Right thanks. Very helpful.

So you dont judge people based on their actions do you?

I have been an adult for 5 months. But I wont tolerate her lying to my face and humiliating me like that.
I'm not saying you're unlucky. But if you fell into a barrel full of tits you'd come up sucking your own thumb.
Original post by David Brent.
I'm not saying you're unlucky. But if you fell into a barrel full of tits you'd come up sucking your own thumb.

...?
...?

Some days you have to accept that you are the pigeon and other days you are the statue...

s'ya later...
I don't think it's fair judging her on her past behaviour. You have no proof that she will do the same again. Just give it a shot because after all you're in a relationship with a person and not their past.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think the better question is, "Is OP's girlfriend's past behaviour of sexual deviance and cheating on her boyfriend a good indication of her nature and therefore what may occur in the future, and is OP comfortable with a) the to risk having such behaviour occurring and b) such behaviour affecting him?"
That's not the point. Of course she can do what she likes. But I do have a right to an opinion. And I'm of the opinion that what she's done is wrong, immoral, slutty, etc...

I don't feel I can be with a girl who is like that. So I want to break up with her. That's not bad.

Wow okay...

How does this make make me a bad person exactly?

Have you ever seen that John Green quote where he talks about sex as similar to cereal? Say you're now eating Cheerios. You can't go back and
uneat the other cereals you've tried, but that doesn't mean you don't genuinely love eating Cheerios.
I.e. she can't change her past. The fact that she wants to be with you means she won't be going around with other guys. So either respect her for wanting to be with you, or let her find someone who appreciates her for who she is
Original post by georgiaswift
Have you ever seen that John Green quote where he talks about sex as similar to cereal? Say you're now eating Cheerios. You can't go back and
uneat the other cereals you've tried, but that doesn't mean you don't genuinely love eating Cheerios.
I.e. she can't change her past. The fact that she wants to be with you means she won't be going around with other guys. So either respect her for wanting to be with you, or let her find someone who appreciates her for who she is

That's slightly irrelevant seeing as I'm not a Cheerio
Ah **** ruined anonymity...
Original post by donutellme
That's slightly irrelevant seeing as I'm not a Cheerio

It's a metaphor, please don't tell me you don't know what a metaphor is? I even summed up what the metaphor was sayig, although I noticed you conveniently ignored that part

Your view is incredibly childish, given your age you're unlikely to ever be in a relationship with someone who hasn't got a sexual past, and if they have a sexual past by the sounds of it there will probably be something you disapprove of it. You're judging her moral character on something that has nothing to do with you and has no effect on you at all.
Original post by doodle_333
Your view is incredibly childish, given your age you're unlikely to ever be in a relationship with someone who hasn't got a sexual past, and if they have a sexual past by the sounds of it there will probably be something you disapprove of it. You're judging her moral character on something that has nothing to do with you and has no effect on you at all.

It isn't childish.

I have no problem with her having a sexual past, except jealousy which is justified. My problem is the nature of it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending