The Student Room Group

Break up with him because of exams?

I have a lovely boyfriend but my A Levels are stressing me out and I think he is too much of a burden, should I break up with him?
Reply 1
No don't break up with unless you feel like you don't want to be in the relationship not only because of a-levels but cause you aren't happy. You can tell him that you want to have a break to focus on your studies and you don't want that to affect your relationship. If he really wanted to be with you he would be understanding of that.

Original post by Anonymous
I have a lovely boyfriend but my A Levels are stressing me out and I think he is too much of a burden, should I break up with him?
Reply 2
No don't break up with unless you feel like you don't want to be in the relationship not only because of a-levels but cause you aren't happy. You can tell him that you want to have a break to focus on your studies and you don't want that to affect your relationship. If he really wanted to be with you he would be understanding of that.

Yeah maybe I will suggest a break
Reply 3

yeah i wouldnt break up with him because youre also a burden for him and splitting might help you focus on exams but it probably will crush him
Reply 4

maybe just ask him for some space you dont need to exclusively break up as he might take that on harshly. how long have u guys been tgthr
Reply 5

This isn't great for the boyfriend because he's done nothing wrong.
You are just getting stressed over the exams that you have upcoming & this is nothing to do with whether you have a bf or not.

How is he being too much of a burden for you? What are the specific reasons?
These are the things he should be made aware of, so either he can improve himself, or know what he is doing wrong to not do them.

Communication is key for any relationship to work.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending