The Student Room Group

Weird things teachers say

Scroll to see replies

This is how I roll
Come outside Ill show you a better version of bodyguard
Why are you looking at the homeless outside when Im here in class
THe unnanounced test in on Monday
321 and the countdown has begun
My chemistry teacher at secondary school told us his BS life stories such as falling down the side of the Grand Canyon, breaking his leg and climbing back up.

Also forgotten the context but he held up some fertiliser and said: basically this is plant food.
"stop playing with your watch, it looks like you're trying to detonate something" I'm muslim...
Original post by alimunir2512
"stop playing with your watch, it looks like you're trying to detonate something" I'm muslim...

that's not even weird, that's just offensive, smh
Original post by Leah910
that's not even weird, that's just offensive, smh

honestly, I confronted her on it and she apologized and said she was making a james bond joke...
honestly, I confronted her on it and she apologized and said she was making a james bond joke...

even if she was joking i still think it was unnecessary for her to say it...
Do your work
"I looked myself up on Urban Dictionary with my year tens. It was all true."

Article in question made an awful lot of innuendos about their partner...
Original post by Leah910
even if she was joking i still think it was unnecessary for her to say it...

in a situation like this, i always look at a persons intentions and bcos i could tell she was not at all being malicious i didnt let it get to me
in a situation like this, i always look at a persons intentions and bcos i could tell she was not at all being malicious i didnt let it get to me

fair enough
I always remember in junior school our teacher was read a book or something and and asked, 'does anyone know what a mango is?'. (that's innocent enough?)

She then turns to the this black girl and says, 'I bet you know what one is, don't you <girls name>?'

...Even at 7 we cringed!

I also had an English teacher who was a bit of a snob, so he wasn't too happy at being lumbered with set 3 for GCSE. This coupled with him being due to retire at the end of the year meant he just seemed to give up caring..

There were also rumors he was knocking back whiskey in his office (or his 'room of doom' as he called it) at dinner time...which would have explained a lot.

He used to regularly call us cretins and likened this one lad to a 'smoking baboon'

A particular highlight though was when he randomly grabbed a girls denim jacket off the back of her chair, put it on and started prancing about the room...

Don't get me wrong it was a laugh...but probably for the best that he came down with some (never fully explained) 'illness' for the last 2 terms...to be replaced with two of the best teachers I ever had.
(edited 8 years ago)
You'd make a good wife for me. Baring in mind I'm 18 and this teacher is in their 40s, totally cringe :redface:
We were learning about static electricity in year 10 physics and our teacher (who looked like a total creep) got this rod and a cloth to 'demonstrate static electricity to us and so he started rubbing the rod (:sadnod:) and said 'I can either choose to rub it fast, rough and hard, or slowly and smoothly' all whilst holding it there and physically rubbing the rod :sick:.
To make it worse, he even said "I'll give you all a minute to get that image out of your minds.

Needless to say I will never forget static electricity.
my teacher made me sit in a cupboard for an hour...
Original post by WaywardWriter
You'd make a good wife for me. Baring in mind I'm 18 and this teacher is in their 40s, totally cringe :redface:

Says you are 17 on your profile :hmmm:
My old chemistry teacher used to say Co*k instead of Coke
Original post by chantalc
my teacher made me sit in a cupboard for an hour...

Is that your twin sister in your avatar?
Original post by Skill Twix
Is that your twin sister in your avatar?

siamese twin actually
Original post by chantalc
siamese twin actually

Oh.
Original post by Skill Twix
She's from Thailand eh?

we're*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending