The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dash52
shut up

lol, you're not selling it very well, there.
Reply 141
Original post by JD1lla
I recommend UCL, my brother studied there for like 8 years and loved it.

Yeah, I agree that it's all about personal experience and what you make of it at uni
Original post by grvcex97
thanks! So I see it's mainly the teaching quality and facilities are not satisfying:\

I think student satisfaction would also depend on the kinds of people who appreciate that kind of city lifestyle. Perhaps people who didn't consider UCL's location well might be unsatisfied with the urban scene
Reply 143
Original post by Zuki
Peckham/ Brixton lovely sociable areas :h:

lol surely you're kidding. now I'm convinced people are trying to endanger me...
Welcome to the UK, I am an immigrant from Sweden and finding myself up North haha :tongue:

I want to go to America! Never been :frown:
Original post by dash52
I'm looking to study at UCL as well but the student satisfaction rates are quite low.

Hello dash, can you please private message me with the sites. Thanks x
Andrea
I'm going to study abroad in London soon and was wondering where the best places to socialize or just have a good evening out with friends are in the London area(:

Depends what you are into? If in C. London and money is no object, then the City is your Oyster. :teehee: (Some complicated jokes in that last bit.)

If you like dinner parties or friendly cafe culture or whatever, there is still loads of choice. Obviously London is huge with multiple ways to have fun, but are you from LA? Probably in most ways LA is more fun. :sad:
Reply 147
Original post by SwedishRedhead
Welcome to the UK, I am an immigrant from Sweden and finding myself up North haha :tongue:

I want to go to America! Never been :frown:

Thank you! If you do find yourself coming to America, I highly recommend coming to California, and I'm not just saying that because I live here haha out of the states, it has the most to offer :u:
Original post by queen-bee
I used to frequent it a lot,it's in central London and close to Hyde park. It's good for restaurants and cafe and if you're into trying out middle eastern cuisine of course

Yes, I guess I prefer more diverse places but it's definitely very good for middle eastern cuisine and good arabic coffee.
Guy's, KCL is an awesome place! Thoroughly enjoyed my undergrad years at the place and wish I had actually attended my medicine interview as well. Really great uni and great reputation
lol surely you're kidding. now I'm convinced people are trying to endanger me...

Omg yes, I'm sorry :frown: Convent gardens, Kensington, Richmond, anywhere central London, Westfield, all nice places :smile:
Original post by dash52
shepherds bush/white city is a great place!

My father works in shperds bush. Its a great enviroment. I plan on going to burlinton danes next year for A2 x
Thank you! If you do find yourself coming to America, I highly recommend coming to California, and I'm not just saying that because I live here haha out of the states, it has the most to offer :u:

Where in Cali? Is summer always the best time to go? :biggrin:
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Depends what you are into? If in C. London and money is no object, then the City is your Oyster. :teehee: (Some complicated jokes in that last bit.)

If you like dinner parties or friendly cafe culture or whatever, there is still loads of choice. Obviously London is huge with multiple ways to have fun, but are you from LA? Probably in most ways LA is more fun. :sad:

I see what you did there :wink:
Reply 154
Original post by Fullofsurprises

Yes, I'm from LA. And I love it here, but I just need something different!
Original post by Adrea carlos
My father works in shperds bush. Its a great enviroment. I plan on going to burlinton danes next year for A2 x

which school do you go to now?
Reply 156
Original post by queen-bee
Guy's, KCL is an awesome place! Thoroughly enjoyed my undergrad years at the place and wish I had actually attended my medicine interview as well. Really great uni and great reputation

I think I'm leaning towards there haha so what do you do as of now?
Original post by dash52
where are you looking to study?

Ermm dash i private messaged u, if you could please have a look
I think I'm leaning towards there haha so what do you do as of now?

A lot has changed since leaving uni two years ago and for the most part I was ill,very ill and been in and out of hospital since then. However I have a place to study medicine next year at Edinburgh university
Yes, I'm from LA. And I love it here, but I just need something different!

OK, well your biggest things are going to be the cold and damp until about the end of next April. Then you get 8-12 weeks of sun followed by more cold and damp. :lol:

Kings and UCL, you will be in the centre, so very close to loads of happening things if you are a party animal. Best thing is to network like crazy, as a lot of the fun stuff in London happens in groups of friends and in people's flats/homes. There are lots of clubs and stuff but they are super-pricey in central London, so if that's at all an issue, be warned. Being in London will be a lot more expensive for you than being in LA I suspect.

Beyond that you will need to get used to the Tube (those funny underground train things we use all the time), Buses (basically long double-decked limos with less sophisticated interiors and fixed routes - surprisingly, we all take them in London, not just very poor people), permanently and totally gridlocked roads (so forget driving completely) and bicycles. (Most of us prefer those now.)

Apart from the cold and rain, we have a lot of Culture. You may want to try some of it. :teehee:

Advance welcomes to London! :hugs:

Latest