The Student Room Group

Has anyone got an unconditional offer?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mesosleepy
So if you get an unconditional, you can miss all your exams and get accepted in?

No you can't. The offer is made on the basis of the information you provide on your UCAS form and on the understanding you will be sitting those exams.Fail to take them and you will lose your place. It simply means that there is no minimum grade requirement.
Reply 21
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
what course? what was she predicted at A2 and did she get as AS?

Mathematics. He study IB and predicted 43.
Does Birmingham do unconditional offers for English Literature and Creative Writing?
Original post by Pandorax
Does Birmingham do unconditional offers for English Literature and Creative Writing?

If you look on the uni website they have a load of info about the unconditional scheme including a list of all the subjects included.
I have gotten one, the ironic thing is that my other choices have not responded as of yet. :smile:
Original post by Futuretory123
I have gotten one, the ironic thing is that my other choices have not responded as of yet. :smile:

What for ?
Original post by Emilyjmitchell
What for ?

Politics
my friend just got an unconditional and she hasn't even done the A2s yet haha. it is possible, sadly she isnt going to choose that uni anyway.
I know someone who has unconditional offers from both Nottingham and Sheffield for engineering
Original post by Mesosleepy
So if you get an unconditional, you can miss all your exams and get accepted in?

no, but technically you could get EE and they would still have to take you
Original post by annzabelle
I have an unconditional from Kings for 2017 entry for Computer Science and Robotics. I'm an american student and I'd already met their admissions requirements twice over(both with SATII's and AP's) with particularly hard AP's. The offer doesn't require me to put them as my firm choice so, unless I get no other offers or another unconditional, they're going to be my insurance. For anyone who's curious my scores were SAT: 800M, 770 CR, 620 W SATII: 770 World History, 760 Lit, 750 Physics, 740 Math2(10th grade), 800 Math2(resit) AP: 55543 in world history, english language, BC calculus, US history, and Physics 1. (Y'all's nA* nA and AAAA thing is so much shorter to type than our stuff) Kings' published typical offer for this course is 554 on AP's or 650 on 3 subject tests. My PS and reference were also pretty good, if I do say so myself.

Those are brilliant SAT Scores (2100+)... why do you want to study in the UK and not in the US?
Just curious Ive got 320 UCAS Points and im only applying for Notts Trent which has a entry requirement of 280, if i apply am i likely to be accepted (if my personal statements okay) and given an unconditional offer??
I have two, but I'm not accepting either of them :colondollar:
Hi, I'm doing A2 currently and I got an unconditional offer from Birmingham (English & Creative Writing) yaay! :biggrin:
Reply 34
Original post by MedievalWitch
Just curious Ive got 320 UCAS Points and im only applying for Notts Trent which has a entry requirement of 280, if i apply am i likely to be accepted (if my personal statements okay) and given an unconditional offer??

I have an unconditional from Trent for History I'm not going there though, if that helps at all :smile:
Unconditional offer for English at Birmingham City University. Not that I'm planning to go, but I was a bit chuffed even if it isn't prestigious. And an unconditional for English Lit/Lang at the University of Birmingham. Crying.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Futuretory123
Politics

Congratulations! Do you mind me asking which University this was?
I got an unconditional offer for Law at Leicester yesterday.
Original post by Pisang
October 13 2015. I'm from Malaysia btw.

That's when I've sent off my UCAS too, how long did you have to wait for an offer from Sheffield? :smile:
I go two unconditionals today from Birmingham and Nottingham for English :biggrin:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending