The Student Room Group

Applying again to the same university I left?

I started university but left half of the way through the first year due to illness. I decided to fully drop out as I thought it was going to take a few years to fully get better. However, I am doing much better health wise and I was thinking of reapplying again to university. If I emailed admissions at the university I previously left and asked to return where I left do you think this would be possible?
Reply 1
Lol you must feel like the type of people who try to get back with their ex.

But good to know you're feeling better. Tbh I don't think it would be possible. You will probably have to redo the first year.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Hahaha, tbh I do feel stupid but considering how ill I was at the time I wasn't thinking rationally.
Reply 3
Original post by pinkcartoon
I started university but left half of the way through the first year due to illness. I decided to fully drop out as I thought it was going to take a few years to fully get better. However, I am doing much better health wise and I was thinking of reapplying again to university. If I emailed admissions at the university I previously left and asked to return where I left do you think this would be possible?

Depending how long ago it was, you would probably need to re-start again. Courses do change and people do forget things, and if you were unwell you might not have been performing at your best anyway. So starting from the beginning would be the best option.

If you failed anything the uni might be unwilling to let you try again, but if you left on amicable terms it's worth a try. Ask them and see.
Reply 4
Original post by pinkcartoon
Hahaha, tbh I do feel stupid but considering how ill I was at the time I wasn't thinking rationally.

It's good you prioritised your health but honestly, it is most likely they will make you redo the first year. Sorry if that wasn't the answer you wanted to hear

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending