The Student Room Group

What do you think of picky eaters?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Souljer
Hate em, my gf will say she doesn't like something before she even sees it or its explained what it is.. she goes of the sound of the food. I hate going restaurants with her she takes ages to decide what to eat and holds up the person taking the order and to add insult to injury she will get the same dish she always has.

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol XD
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Still offended. Bye.

Whatever, stay in denial. But you're spoilt.:colonhash: Like many in this society.
Original post by Ya Dunno
Whatever, stay in denial. But you're spoilt.:colonhash: Like many in this society.

Yes I am. Spoilt rotten.

Happy? :smile:
Yes I am. Spoilt rotten.

Happy? :smile:

Yes, as acceptance, is the first part of a healthy change.:biggrin:
Yes, as acceptance, is the first part of a healthy change.:biggrin:

andddd you're an A-hole, do you accept that?
andddd you're an A-hole, do you accept that?

:toofunny:

That made me laugh.
:toofunny:

That made me laugh.

Oh and I forgot cereal, I eat cereal too. But only the fruit and fiber one. :tongue:
Oh and I forgot cereal, I eat cereal too. But only the fruit and fiber one. :tongue:

Okay.:colonhash:
Okay.:colonhash:

Reply 29
I don't understand picky eaters, they are so ungrateful, there are people that would kill to have the food they disregard without a care, I mean it won't kill you, and even if it isn't up to scratch with your prestige taste buds, at least try to eat it, there are people that are starving out there, and would literally kill to be in your shoes.

This is what happens when someone gets too comfortable with their lifestyle, and forgets how the world really is. And just disrespects food like it's trash. It disgusts me.

I'm a bit of a picky eater. I genuinely cannot stand to eat certain foods. Mushrooms are the worst. If a dish has mushrooms in it, I will not touch the food until I have picked out all the mushrooms.

I don't disrespect food, I just can't stand to eat some foods. I appreciate that some people don't have the food I have, but genuinely I cannot bring myself to eat some foods. I cannot put it on a fork and eat it. It makes me feel sick.

It's the same with spicy food. It makes me feel sick, I feel like my mouth is on fire so I don't eat spicy food. What's the point in me trying to eat something that I physically cannot bring myself to eat? I hate the taste, texture and everything about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you trying to prove a point here by advertising for Kelloggs? because you're still spoilt in my books.:toofunny:
If it's extreme (like, they'll only eat a few specific things) I think they probably haven't had great parenting.

If people aren't adventurous with food then that's one fewer shared interest we have, and I wouldn't go with them to restaurants etc, or invite them to dinner in general, but I'm not offended by it.

That said, whilst I'll try pretty much anything going, there are things that I don't like and won't eat for that reason. I'm sure everyone has some things like that.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Katty3
I'm a bit of a picky eater. I genuinely cannot stand to eat certain foods. Mushrooms are the worst. If a dish has mushrooms in it, I will not touch the food until I have picked out all the mushrooms.

I don't disrespect food, I just can't stand to eat some foods. I appreciate that some people don't have the food I have, but genuinely I cannot bring myself to eat some foods. I cannot put it on a fork and eat it. It makes me feel sick.

It's the same with spicy food. It makes me feel sick, I feel like my mouth is on fire so I don't eat spicy food. What's the point in me trying to eat something that I physically cannot bring myself to eat? I hate the taste, texture and everything about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I cannot believe what I have just read.:colonhash:
I don't mind picky eaters. I'm also picky.

Why do we have to be annoyed at people because they have a preference regarding food?
Reply 34
I cannot believe what I have just read.:colonhash:

What about it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I had a friend and her palate was so kiddish. She could only stand chicken fingers and fries. Like okay..and the worst part is she would constantly talk about it if our friends were talking about food or at a restaurant. Like it's some cute quirk that you're so picky and have the taste of a child
Why is being a vegtarian ok; but being a supposedly picky eater isn't? Some of us actually havs serious issues with food, btw. It's nothing to do with being picky or rubbish parenting.
(edited 8 years ago)
people should be grateful to have food on their plate. so many people in the world would be overjoyed to have even a tenth of what we have to eat.
Im not really a picky eater with savoury food (I am with sweets/chocolate/crisps but that isnt exactly an issue, its not like theyre necessities) but i absolutely hate cheese which blocks off so much food of which i would eat every other ingredient which makes people think i am fussy, especially when they realise i dont eat pizza (for some reason they never think hating cheese equals not eating pizza) when in reality it is one food i really cannot eat
So annoying
@pizzad0gs shares my view on this lol. I cannot even conceive how people can be so picky at times xD It's food! Eat it!!

Quick Reply

Latest