The Student Room Group

Clicky/painful joints- help

For a while I’ve been wondering if I need to go to a doctor but I don’t know if I’m being silly or not.

Basically my hips always click every time I rotate them, my neck crunches every time I rotate it, my knees click everytime I lift a foot semi high off the bed, I get foot pain in places most people don’t seem to and my upper back always hurts. I have also always struggled with certain hip stretches as it feels like a lump/bubble that hurts that might just pop (hard to explain)

I don’t know if this is a problem or not and I don’t want to bother a doctor if it’s just normal body pains
I think so ultimately it sounds really painful and mabye they could refer you to physio chiro etc to help further
What exactly (including the amounts) did you eat and drink yesterday?

My betting is that there's a lot of inflammatory foods, and a small amount of anti-inflammatory foods.

Does it make sense to you that if the chemical balance inside your body is off-kilter for a prolonged time, that joint pains are one way that your body may indicate this?

Are you a faddy eater? Or are you happy to eat just about anything if it's fresh and well prepared?

What is your height and weight? Obesity goes hand in glove (foot in sock) with joint pain.

By all means see your GP. Also at the same time audit what you've been eating and drinking. With part of that audit involving you finding out some basics on nutrition. EG by reading (from your local library) How Not To Die and How Not To Diet.
Reply 3
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
What exactly (including the amounts) did you eat and drink yesterday?

My betting is that there's a lot of inflammatory foods, and a small amount of anti-inflammatory foods.

Does it make sense to you that if the chemical balance inside your body is off-kilter for a prolonged time, that joint pains are one way that your body may indicate this?

Are you a faddy eater? Or are you happy to eat just about anything if it's fresh and well prepared?

What is your height and weight? Obesity goes hand in glove (foot in sock) with joint pain.

By all means see your GP. Also at the same time audit what you've been eating and drinking. With part of that audit involving you finding out some basics on nutrition. EG by reading (from your local library) How Not To Die and How Not To Diet.

Its not just a single day thing. This has been going on for as long as I can remember. My hips have always been tight since I was about 11 (thats when i noticed at least as i started to do martial arts). Yesterday I had a cheese sandwich and then some fish with potatoes and veg and then a cinnamon roll. I'm a pretty healthy eater honestly. Im 5'5 and 65kg and I am definitely not obese. I generally try to make sure my meals are balanced and i have a little plate image sectioned with what proportion of each group (e.g. protein, carbs etc) I should have which ive been using for years
Reply 4
Original post by ebyrne2036
I think so ultimately it sounds really painful and mabye they could refer you to physio chiro etc to help further

Okay thank you! i just worry that its normal and im complaining about nothing but I guess I may as well talk to the dr about it. Thanks!
Reply 5
Maturing, sports wounds, kinds of joint pain, immune system illnesses, and abuse wounds might bring about breaks and pops. To forestall joint injury and harm, remaining dynamic can help. Take a stab at integrating different activity types, as vigorous or obstruction preparing, into your everyday

Quick Reply

Latest