The Student Room Group

Sky Graduate Programme - Strategy 2016

Has anyone else applied to this?

Was wondering how competitive it is, how many people tend to apply and how many people they look to hire etc.

Or indeed any other information anyone might have; seems hard to find hard info on the programme online.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by GDLer 909

Was wondering how competitive it is, how many people tend to apply and how many people they look to hire etc.

Or indeed any other information anyone might have; seems hard to find hard info on the programme online.

Hi! I applied for their corporate affairs scheme, but have the same questions as you. Would be nice to know at least when we should hear back, but I haven't been able to find much information at all :/
Reply 2
Original post by GDLer 909

Original post by Leenz
Hi! I applied for their corporate affairs scheme, but have the same questions as you. Would be nice to know at least when we should hear back, but I haven't been able to find much information at all :/

Hi I've applied to finance, passed online testing and have the video interview soon!
Original post by Tbx
Hi I've applied to finance, passed online testing and have the video interview soon!

Well done! Did you have a Telephone interview as well or straight to video after the tests?
Reply 4
Original post by jbaconsarnie
Well done! Did you have a Telephone interview as well or straight to video after the tests?

On Sky's website it says you get a telephone interview but actually want you to do a video interview.

Yeah I had the video interview after the tests.
Original post by Tbx
On Sky's website it says you get a telephone interview but actually want you to do a video interview.

Yeah I had the video interview after the tests.

Ah okay, good luck!

Mine's definitely a telephone interview. Probably just dependent on the strand
Reply 6
Original post by jbaconsarnie
Ah okay, good luck!

Mine's definitely a telephone interview. Probably just dependent on the strand

Thanks, good luck with your interview too! :smile:
Hi,

Has anyone heard back from Sky regarding a Marketing application yet?
Reply 8
How have everyone's phone interviews gone?

Mine for strategy was only about 20min and focused a lot more on Sky as a business, why I was interested etc rather than competencies like "tell me about a time where you ..."

Anyone else have a similar experience?
Reply 9
Always hard to say how it went with these things, I find. Overall I don't think I gave any "wrong" answers, but I perhaps could have been a little more specific. I tripped up a bit on the case study, but managed to pull it around.

Then again I think it really is just a very superficial screening to make sure you are a real person that's actually interested who knows about Sky. My interviewer was rather direct and it's hard to get any real sense of how "good" my responses were over the phone, as she would just sort of mechanically say "Uh huh" or "Ok" while I was speaking and then "Thanks" when I finished answering a question.

My gut advice would be to know the job spec and the company as I think they are really just box-ticking to make sure you know these things. They probably don't know too much about the specific field themselves and are probably just going off a checklist/spec sheet.

She said I can expect to hear back within a couple of weeks and that they're looking to hold the assessment centres in early December.
Yeah I know what you mean, it's very hard to gauge how these go and it really doesn't help to overthink how it went and what you said afterwards.

Seems like your interviewer was just HR. I heard from other candidates that they got employees from their strand interviewing them and asked quite specific questions regarding that strand, what challenges they anticipated, as well as competencies towards the end.

Thank you for the advice! Hopefully you get through to the AC, there's really no judging with these things I feel as it also depends on how everyone does overall,
Hi there peeps.
Came across this post to reassure myself that i didn't completely flop the telephone interview with Sky for their Procurement scheme. Anyway, i see no one has actually heard back from them which puts my mind at ease i suppose. But for all those that will view this thread when applying for a Sky grad scheme in the future, the process looks something like this..
1. Online application - Includes a couple questions about sky and what interests you about the programme etc.
2. Maths test for certain schemes
3.Telephone Interview - Very heavily based on the programme chosen and its relation to sky. I was joined by a member of the HR team alongside 2 graduates in the procurement field. My interview lasted about 35 minutes. Concerned with how procurement affects sky, challenges, whats important to be successful in this field etc.
4. Assessment center which im still waiting to hear about. Hopefully i did well :/

Anyway, those in this thread still waiting to hear about feedback etc, please let me know whenever you find out! My interview was a week ago. Good luck!
Hey,

I'm sure you didn't completely flop it! Think positive!

They'll get back to you soon, I imagine they will get back at the end of this month which is only a few days left if they are to hold to ACs in early December.

I just had my telephone interview today and I have to admit it was quite tough at the start but I started to ease into it. My concern is that I may not have been specific enough or explicitly linked how all my experiences can contribute to Sky and the scheme.

I'm not sure if they'll give you feedback as I was informed in the phone interview that because of the volume of people they can't give feedback on how it went if I was unsuccessful.

Hopefully we all did well and best of luck to you too!
Haha thank you for the reassurance. I did feel i answered everything alright but like you, may not have been specific enough. I did additional research on their competition in regards to procurement so hopefully that will impress them a little bit. Anyway, ill probably give them a call on Monday just to see whats going on.. Hope yours went well!
Anyone get an update regarding assessment center interviews?
Nope nothing. Have you?
No nothing as of yet.. Cutting it close to the wire now arent they lol tried calling their HR number but no one answers.
Original post by OneTimeThingg
No nothing as of yet.. Cutting it close to the wire now arent they lol tried calling their HR number but no one answers.

Hey! Did you try contacting them again?

I still haven't heard from them and a bit worried about it being all last minute in case I do get it and have to prepare and book travel etc.
Hey, i did try calling the number that originally interviewed me. No one answered however. Yeah thats understandable lol i live fairly nearby so im not worried about that. My worry is that i didnt make it lol but ill continue giving them a call. Will also send emails out to the relevant party and hopefully gather some sort of update. Will let you know if anything does happen or if i get an update etc.
Reply 19
Hey everyone! I applied for Sky's Technology graduate scheme a day before the deadline however I have not heard anything from them yet. Anyone else in the same position? Has anyone else applied for Technology? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending