The Student Room Group

Couples with the biggest height differences found to have best relationships

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3341358/The-key-happy-marriage-tall-husband-Couples-biggest-height-differences-best-relationships.html#reader-comments

The key to a happy marriage? A tall husband

Scroll to see replies

What a load of *******s......
According to a single study of Indonesian women, who are shorter than average, therefore we can make sweeping statements about evolutionary behaviour. Screw this psychology ****, I'm going back to the natural sciences....
Reply 3
Original post by Killer910
What a load of *******s......

Found the manlet.
Original post by ubisoft
Found the manlet.

Im just saying how retarded the study sounds but i wouldnt expect better from daily mail
Original post by ubisoft
Found the manlet.

Just curious are you a troll or do you actually study women studies at London met?
Original post by ubisoft
Found the manlet.

What's your problem with short men, huh?

I think they're ace
Tbf if it's on daily mail, it's probably bull****.
Original post by Fiduciam
Tbf if it's on daily mail, it's probably bull****.

Exactly my point
Original post by Foo.mp3
Wouldn't be too skeptical, if you think about it this relationship stands to reason :gah:

Hahahah Foo,you're so funnehhhhh :mmm:
Wait you're 6'0 right?
7 inches

:smug:
Original post by Bill_Gates

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3341358/The-key-happy-marriage-tall-husband-Couples-biggest-height-differences-best-relationships.html#reader-comments

The key to a happy marriage? A tall husband

This is so true.:congrats:

Us tall dudes make better husbands.
Original post by Ya Dunno

True brah

Tall guys are a turn on ,feel so protected especially when they tower over me:love:
Reply 14
Obviously height is an attractive trait and people are, when controlling for other factors, probably gonna be more happy the more attractive they find their partner, so it makes sense. This means very little for any given individual's circumstances and this is essentially a nothing article.

edit: I do like the comparison with people favouring certain foods; it is similar to why I figured height preference exists, evolution can't keep pace with us lol
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by queen-bee
Tall guys are a turn on ,feel so protected especially when they tower over me:love:

:five:
Reply 16
Original post by Foo.mp3
:chaplin:

Yup. I'd explain the correlation in terms of gender norms. There's a higher rate of divorce in couples without traditional gender norms for a reason. Equally, with a greater height differential there is more likely to be more manifest dominance in the male, vs. submissiveness in the female, psyches (whether conscious or not)

There is? :s-smilie:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/28/link-between-mens-height-divorce-_n_5731688.html (just one article on this I chose because I found a stat in there, there are a lot)

"Short men were found to marry later in life than average or tall men, but were 32 percent less likely to divorce."

I mean you are probably talking in general and it may well be different in that case but it doesn't seem to be the case with height. I couldn't see the original study though loads of articles cite it; I only seem to find a link to the abstract. But I doubt all the different articles would be lying lol.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Foo.mp3
:chaplin:

Yup. I'd explain the correlation in terms of gender norms. There's a higher rate of divorce in couples without traditional gender norms for a reason. Equally, with a greater height differential there is more likely to be more manifest dominance in the male, vs. submissiveness in the female, psyches (whether conscious or not)

That's interesting but couples these days don't care so much about gender roles! I'm a pretty rally girl to some people I guess but I still would prefer a taller guy even if he was just a few inches taller :wink:

This lad's got the right idea
It's sad the people clown on short guys when they complain about the insults though. :/ Like 'manlet' or 'he's got short man syndrome' 'he's not a real man'. Imagine saying something similar to a woman. She's like being size zero isn't everything and some guy says 'found the fattie', or 'she's not a real woman because look at how fat she is'. I'm pretty sure people would find that distasteful.

Quick Reply

Latest