The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The man is just too clinical.

2-1 Sturridge

Posted from TSR Mobile
GORGEOUS pass from Can there :coma:
What a pass from Can! What a goal!
How are we winning this match?

Two brilliant passes and two brilliant finishes. That isn't like us at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
lovely goal
Could Can have missed by any more than that?
Original post by sr90
Who the hell is Randall? Looks like the mascot who's won a competition to play

(third attempt at writing this due to goals)

Academy player brought in as fullback cover, made sense against Bournemouth but he looks way out of his depth here.
That Can pass was pretty much what you see from @Dirtybit in pro clubs.
Was without the classic Lúcio miss though...
This is why I say we should keep Sturridge even if we manage him through a season to get 20 appearances.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
(third attempt at writing this due to goals)

Academy player brought in as fullback cover, made sense against Bournemouth but he looks way out of his depth here.

In all honesty, Soton are causing us problems all over the pitch, especially in the air.
To be honest, they'll be absolutely gutted they're losing because they don't deserve to be.
Our goals were both out of absolutely nowhere.
Original post by Lúcio
That Can pass was pretty much what you see from @Dirtybit in pro clubs.
Was without the classic Lúcio miss though...

Yeah those are the type of passes I look for :wink:. Just saw the goal and assist. Beautiful assist it was world class, wow Can is actually technically sound. Lol at Rodgers for playing him as a CB/RB. And Sturridge always comes back at the same level after an injury. Wonder how good he'd be if he wasn't out for like 2 seasons...
Don't even know what Moreno was doing there
Original post by Dirtybit
Yeah those are the type of passes I look for :wink:. Just saw the goal and assist. Beautiful assist, wow Can is actually technically sound. Lol at Rodgers for playing him as a CB/RB. And Sturridge always comes back at the same level after an injury. Wonder how good he'd be if he wasn't out for like 2 seasons...

Damn right they are. That's why it's tough when you aren't playing. Can't get the service these days :wink:

Oh yeah, there's no denying Can has the raw ability but it's just a matter of honing it. He has the potential to be a top player and I'm confident Klopp can mould him well.

I know we had problems in defence but Rodgers playing him in CB was ridiculous. It was clear after using him a few times there that it wasn't working but he stupidly persisted.
Can is by no means flawless but he's a MUCH better asset for us when he's in midfield.

That's why it's so annoying about Sturridge though.
Logically when a high-wage player plays less than half of your games, you can't keep him on. But when he has such quality like that, you start to have real decisions to make :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Moreno :biggrin:
MORENOOOOOOO 3-1

Absolute LOL.
Soton have been robbed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Moreno you beauty I'm sorry I criticised you
My BBC alert put that as an Origi goal.
Pls no, he doesn't deserve that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can just imagine Klopp after this game

"Football, ****ing hell"
Original post by Zerforax
I can just imagine Klopp after this game

"Football, ****ing hell"

Are you still guttered?

Posted from TSR Mobile
3-1 :lol:

We haven't played anywhere near to the best of our abilities but I'll take that!
Scoring another 2/3 goals in the second half would be nice.

Latest