The Student Room Group

No woman is 'totally straight'

Here's the article:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-34744903

What are your thoughts on this?

Scroll to see replies

I don't know about that but I know for certain I've only been attracted to men
Reply 2
345 women were sampled. That's a large enough size to suggest a link, but not enough to definitively state the result is undeniably true.
I understand the reasoning why the research suggests that, and I'm not homophobic or anything in anyway, but i have never ever found a woman attractive in that way.
Original post by queen-bee

No-one is saying that women aren't attracted to men but women who identify as straight can also be aroused by other women.

Original post by Arkasia
345 women were sampled. That's a large enough size to suggest a link, but not enough to definitively state the result is undeniably true.

Of course more studies will have to be done as it is by no means definitive proof but it's quite interesting.
Original post by ATLHustler
I understand the reasoning why the research suggests that, and I'm not homophobic or anything in anyway, but i have never ever found a woman attractive in that way.

This doesn't apply to 100% of women of course
Everyone is at least a little bit gay:tongue:
Original post by F.Nietzsche
No-one is saying that women aren't attracted to men but women who identify as straight can also be aroused by other women.

Of course more studies will have to be done as it is by no means definitive proof but it's quite interesting.

That's hasn't been the case for me tbh
Then you're not a woman.
That would be strange as I am totally gay, so there must be women who are totally straight. I also think evil dicksuckers like Kim Davis are totally straight.
That's hasn't been the case for me tbh

That's fine (: This doesn't apply to every single women
Original post by Bupdeeboowah
Then you're not a woman.

Looool
Original post by driftawaay
That would be strange as I am totally gay, so there must be women who are totally straight. I also think evil dicksuckers like Kim Davis are totally straight.

It's not about their attraction to men that are in question, it is the attraction between straight women to other women; women who identify as totally straight appear to be aroused by other women (that doesn't mean every single straight woman is like that)
Original post by F.Nietzsche
Studies show that women get aroused watching animals have sex... does this suggest that I am secretly into beastiality?
Original post by driftawaay
I so totally need to start selling badges which say "Evil Dicksucker", would probably make millions off the ironic hipster crowd.
Then you're not a woman.

I'm pretty sure I still am
Studies show that women get aroused watching animals have sex... does this suggest that I am secretly into beastiality?

Depends, do you get aroused watching animals have sex?

Depends on the quality of the study. Also, the conclusion reached by one study isn't necessarily a fact. Studies raise questions and that's why I wanted people to discuss people's thoughts on this.

This is exactly why I think it is useless to conduct these studies. Just because someone gets aroused by animals having sex doesn't mean they are attracted to animals, it's just that the act is the same as what humans do so obviously your brain makes the connection. Also, women get turned on watching other women masturbate/or have sex with either a male or a female because they can imagine themselves being that woman and being pleasured. Just because a woman gets aroused by watching a female having sex or masturbating does NOT mean they are attracted to that woman.
I'm pretty sure I still am
Off to the loo for a quick check! We all know what happened in movies like The Hot Chick!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending